Drabble Five

Nameless Secrets

Characters: Chen / Kyungsoo

 

Fretful fingers.

A trembling heart.

The horizon was a mean gray, as a merciful wind approached him with caution. Tender fingers caressed his jaw in patience as the natural rhythm of the ocean tide casted a calm lull.

Everything around him was alive; from the rising sea to the decaying bark - it all orchestrated a song of time.

But how soon, how quick, with a snap of his fingers, would they no longer be of existence.  

"It all has to end," he whispers, the ring over his finger crackling with unrestricted power, "because without an end, there is no beginning."

A distant rumble answers his words.

"A reckoning for justice. A call for the wanted balance and restoration of unity." He tilts his head to the sky; eyes scanning for an answer unheard. "A proof of humanity, and salvation for those who seek release."

He gently lets out a breath.

"We live to serve, and we serve to live."

Sand floats onto the back of his resting hand, and he feels the shift in the air before he sees that familiar, yet simultaneously undistinguishable, figure.

"What do you seek, messenger?"

He had long forgotten how to call this man by name... Kai.

"The Seeker hunts, the Destroyer devastates," the messenger clad in black announces; monotone. "Caution mingles with the wind, as time is coming to its end..."

An eerie silence envelopes them as they refused to look at each other. Instead, their eyes were trained out into the storm that brewed on the horizon's line.

"Righteousness needs to be searched, and judgement to be casted." Wind swirls once more as time warps into a black void. "You must light that first spark."

And as quickly as the messenger appeared, he was gone. Soon, the wind picked up speed; the air suddenly colder and prickling the skin with its harsh bite. Hastily, a deft longing - the need and desire for that wanted salvation - occupies every crevice of his being.

This was why he served; this was why he continued.

"The final bell has rung. It warns the innocent and frames the guilty; retribution will be brought forth, and destruction shall follow."

He couldn't remember the time when these feelings of virtuous need and blameless honour weren't engraved into his entire being.

He couldn't remember the days where he could laugh unreserved, and call his friends by name... Kai.

He couldn't remember the last time he was recognized as Chen instead of The Seeker.

A thunderous roar of command interrupts his sudden reverie. Heat rising in shame, a blue fire - lightening - erupts from the tips of his fingers as he aims direct and true.

The ground shakes under his palm in response, as the sky turns into a ruthless color; prepared for the worst in everything. Deafening crackles of power echoes around him, and once deeming his duty complete, he walks away from the rising storm with purpose.

 "It was time."

-

Kyungsoo didn't hesitate.

Even if defiance outlined his eyes and painted his lips into a firm line, he did not waver in his decision.

The Balance had to be kept; no matter how difficult it was to accept.

"This is not what we had wanted. This is not the world we wanted to create," he had said to Kai.

"One to hold, but held by none. This is not your decision to make, Kyungsoo. Keep your part of the Balance, and salvation for those who are framed and those who continue to weep, will be found."

Drawing blood, Kyungsoo bites into the flesh of his cheek; his jaw locking as the void in his heart expanded.

Salvation. Truth. Humanity.

Shifting the earth with a flick of his finger, he takes a calm breath before ruthlessly bringing a steady foot towards the ground.

The earth shakes uncontrollably under his soles.

And a single tear escapes his rage-filled eyes.

 

 

Retribution; inflicted vengeance in accord to ones motives.

-end.

 

this may come to end sooner than i thought...?

:]