What Is Love (Her story)

Seafoam [ONESHOT]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PMRe4k3OSw&feature=relmfu

-------------------------

“So Kim Jongdae will be your fiancée,” she chocked on her pasta and coughed uncontrollably, Chen quickly handed her a glass of water, she thanked him and drink the water slowly.

“Fiancée?!” she confirmed once again, “Yeah, because you guys are still single right? So we decided why don’t we match you up,” Chen’s mother smiled.

“You two make a cute couple, right honey?” her mother nudged her father and chuckled.

She sighed and continues eating her pasta. Seriously, after all these months her parents went overseas, they comeback to Korea just to match her up in an engagement thingy?!

But she tried to hide her blush as she glanced at Chen who’s talking with her parents, deep inside she’s grateful that it’s Chen and not some random man she’s been match up with.

 

“We already arranged all of your belongings to be send to Jongdae’s apartment,” her mother explained when she saw Hanin’s rage about where the hell is all of her things gone.

“WHAT?! I’LL BE LIVING IN CHEN SUNBAE’S APARTMENT?!” she shrieked, “Why did you still call him sunbae?! He’s your fiancé now, at least call him oppa!”

“Yeah yeah I will,” she sighed and started packing her remaining clothes, the bell ringed and her mother gone downstairs.

“Sweetheart~ Jongdae is here!” her mother chimed, she sighed and pulled her suitcase downstairs.

She froze as she saw him, he’s talking with his mother, but what was making her froze is his appearance.

He just wore a simple grey sweatshirts and black jeans with a sneakers, it’s a total opposite from his usual outfit.

After their ‘engagement meeting’ at the hotel, he always drive her home every night, and he’s always in his office attire.

“Oh you’re ready? Let’s go!” he broke off her thoughts and grab her suitcase.

 

“Uwaaaah~” she said in awed as they stepped into Chen’s apartment, its interior is so warm and cozy. She thought that his apartment will be the typical guy apartment she went before –Sehun’s and Xiumin’s-.

“Why? Did you expect piles of dirty clothes, beer cans and pizza boxes like typical guy apartments look like?” she nodded and then laughed softly, “I fall in love at the first sight with your apartment sunbae~” he laughed too.

“You can use my room, I’ll sleep in the couch,”

“Is it okay? I should be the one who sleep in the couch!” she insisted, “No no it’s okay!”

“But I feel uncomfortable that you have to sleep in the couch just because of me…”

“It’s okay Hanin-sshi, trust me!” he smiled.

 

Hanin yawned and walked to the kitchen, it’s 2 A.M and suddenly she woken up, feeling an urge to drink some milk.

She walked pass the living room and saw Chen is already asleep on the sofa. She approached him and realized he didn’t change his clothes and also looks a little cold.

She went back to the bedroom and took a blanket, then she covered him nicely.

When she leaves the living room, Chen opened his eyes a little and then smiled softly.

 

It’s their 2nd month of them living together, many things develop between them. She’s no longer called him by ‘sunbae’ and he just called her by name, dropped the ‘sshi’ he always used before, she always cooks the dinner and then they’ll eat together when he got home.

She nervously glanced at the clock, it’s 1 A.M already and there’s no call or any sign that he’s going to be home soon.

Suddenly her cellphone ringed, it’s from Kyungsoo –Chen’s bestfriend who’s also her sunbae at high school-

“Aaaah Kyungsoo Oppa? Waeyo?”

“It’s about Chen… We’re at the Soongshil hospital now, because Chen…” she didn’t hear the rest of it because the call suddenly turned off.

She panicked and quickly wears a random jacket she pulled from the hanger, she took her car keys and strode off to the parking lot.

 

On her way to the hospital, many thoughts crossed her minds. What if Chen is in an accident? What if…. She shook her head and concentrated on the road.

But when she arrived at the hospital, that panic attack comes again and she quickly ran along the hallways.

Chen sat outside the ICU room with Kyungsoo, he yawned as he checked his watch. “You’d already called Hanin right?” he asked, Kyungsoo nodded.

He sighed, just when he’s about to go home suddenly Suho groaned about having a pain on his stomach. So he and Kyungsoo ended up driving him to the hospital and it turns out that his colon is acting out.

“Oppa!!!” he looked to see Hanin panted, just wearing her usual home attire and home slippers. She slide down to the floor and then starts crying.

“Yah yah yah yah!! What’s wrong with you?” he panicked and kneeled down in front of her, “I thought you’re in an accident…” she cried even more, he ruffled her hair and pulled her into a hug.

“It’s not me, it’s Suho Hyung… His colon is acting out,”

She sighed in relief and wiped her eyes, “Is it?! Oh God then why I’m driving like a mad man to here…”

“Now let’s go home, you look tired…” he got up and holds her hand, “Kyungsoo! Just call me if something happen to Suho Hyung, or do you want to come home too? You can use my car…”

Kyungsoo shook his head, “It’s okay, I’ll stay here and will call you if something happen to Hyung!”

“Thanks…” Chen patted his shoulder.

Kyungsoo just stared at them as they leaved the hospital, he sighed and sat back on the bench.

 

“…I’m wondering why you have got to cry?” he asked, she froze at her position. Yeah… why do I have to cry earlier?... she thought.

She always thought of him as a good senior, but as time goes by, she saw him more as a man. She felt her heart beating faster and then blushed.

“It’s because I don’t want to lose you…” she blurted out, Chen stopped and looked at her.

“Because… I’m in love with you…” she finally said it, “Oh God… It’s okay if Oppa didn’t feel the same, our engagement is just a…”

He cut her words with a soft kiss, she gasped but closed her eyes and then kissed him back. “For your info… I’ve been fall in love with you since the first time we met…” he whispered into her lips and caught her lips again into a passionate kiss.

 

That night is their first night sleeping together, of course in an innocent way.

“Come here…” he smiled softly as he pulled her to the bed, she blushed and then he chuckled, “You never sleep with a guy before huh?”
“Of course no!!” she pouted, “This is… the first time,” she blushed again.

He lay down and pulled her into his chest, her heart beating faster when she felt one of his arms wraps around her waist and the other one securely above her head.

“It’s my first time too…” Chen laughed softly and then kissed the crown of her head, “Good night…” he murmured and then they drifted to sleep.

 

“Welcome! Ooh, Jongdae aaah~ Hanin aaah~” Kyungsoo smiled from the kitchen, they sat on the bar and pulled the menu.

(can't find a better picture T_T if you're curious, this is from a Japanese drama called Hungry!)

 

“Oooh, it’s rare for you guys to come here together… Any special occasion?” he asked, Chen grinned, “We’re officially engage!”

“Eeeeh~ I know that already!!” Kyungsoo laughed, “No… it’s officially as in ‘official’,” she grinned too.

Kyungsoo frowned but quickly forced a smile, “Congratulations you two! I’m so happy for both of you…”

“Thank you Oppa~” she smiled, “So for the new couple, I have a special menu today! Just yesterday I received this high quality lobster and you guys are the first one who’ll try my new creation!” Kyungsoo said, her eyes lit up in excitement, “Uwaaaaaa, sounds good!”

Kyungsoo laughed and turn around, ready to prepare the dish. They started to talk and laughed happily, Kyungsoo glanced a bit and then mumbled, “Yeah…. Happy…”

 

She blinked and looked at the sleepy guy beside her, she poked his cheek using her fingers and whispering, “Oppa~”

“What?” Chen mumbled while burying his face into the pillow, “I’m not sleepy yet… Let’s watch some movies,”

“Just go to sleep baby… We can do it tomorrow…” he mumbled again, she pouted and suddenly tickling his hips with both of her hands.

“Ba… HAHAHAHAHAHA STOP IT!!!!” his eyes shot up and he laughed uncontrollably, she knows that he can’t stand being tickled and it’s always work if she wants to annoy him out.

He glared and then revenged her by using the same thing, both of them laughed and their tickle wars lasted for several minutes until…

She closed her eyes and laughed, but then she opened her eyes because she’s wondering why it suddenly becomes quiet.

Her eyes widened as she realized that his body is hovering on top of her, both of his hands placed at the side of her head and all of sudden he caught her lips in a passionate kiss.

She closed her eyes and kissed him back, wrapping her arms around his neck as he deepening their kiss.

“Baby….” He whispered into her lips as his hands slipped behind her shirt and rubbed her back softly, “May I?”

She gazed into his eyes with heart pounding like crazy, his eyes hooded dark and he his lips waiting for her answer.

“If you’re not ready yet it’s okay…” he assures, she answered by pulling his head down and gave him a soft kiss, “I’m ready…” she smiled softly.

He smiled and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, “I’ll be gentle…” she pulled him again for a kiss and she’s sure that they’ll never forget what’s happen tonight.

 

“Morning baby~” he hugged her from behind and rested his head on her shoulder as she flipped the bacon on the skillet.

“Morning…” she mumbled and put the bacon on the plates, when she turns around, her eyes widened as she saw that he’s just wearing a towel wrapping around his waist. “Hmm?” he leaned in and gave her cheeks a peck, she quickly covered her eyes and ran across the room.

“What’s wrong baby?” he gave her a puzzled look and walked closer, “Don’t you try to get close unless you’re wearing some clothes!!!!” she ran back to the bedroom, but he quickly catches her and smirked, “Why are you like this? You’re already seen everything…” he enjoyed seeing her blushing face, but she quickly glared and threw a pillow to him.

“Okay okay! I’ll wear clothes!” he walked into the closet and pulled a shirt and some sweatpants as Hanin kept throwing pillows to his direction.

 

She sighed and playing with her phones, she glanced at the clock, it’s 11 P.M already and he’s still at the office.

She pouted and then got up, after covering all the foods with the plastic wrap she decided to go to sleep first.

2 hours later he comes home, he took off his tie while walking to the bedroom.

He sighed apologetically as he saw her already snoring softly, he changes into his pajamas and about to sleep when suddenly she hugged him and smiled softly, “Welcome home~”

 

“Naaah it’s okay…” she smiled and closed her cell phone, she sighed and glanced at the tickets at the table.

Tonight their favorite artist, Epik High, is having a comeback stage after Mithra and DJ Tukutz finished their army duty. One of her friends gave her a free ticket for them and just suddenly he can’t go because he has to finish a paper tonight.

She already called Baekhyun and Xiumin to go with her but they’re just the same with Chen, busy with their own job.

She scrolls down her phonebook until one number catch up her mind. She pressed the call button and waited the person to pick up her call.

 

“Thanks for the ticket Hanin aaah!!!” Kyungsoo shouted, she nodded and smiled, “You’re welcome Oppa!!” they shouted together when Tablo and Mithra entered the stage and sang ‘One’ as the first song.

When they sang ‘1 Minute and 1 Second’, suddenly she felt someone grab her hand, she look down to see Kyungsoo’s hand holding hers.

“It’s too crowded!! I don’t want Chen to be mad because his girlfriend got lost in a concert!!” he grinned, she just rolled her eyes and concentrated back to the stage.

 

I can’t let go
I hear your voice no matter where I go
(My broken heart)
I can’t breathe
Baby for one minute, one second
Even for one moment, one minute, one second

 

She looked to the side again and caught him staring at her, she blushed and quickly looked away. The concert ended one hour later, they laughed together as the leave the concert venue.

“That was awesome!” he exclaimed, she nodded while patting her ears, “I’m still deaf from all that screaming~”

He chuckled and patted her head, “Now let’s go home, Chen must be waiting already,”

She sighed and shrugged, “I bet he’s still at the office, he’s so busy nowadays~”

He raised his eyebrows and then smiled, “He’s busy but he’s still always thinking about you, right?” she blushed and hit his arms, “Oh shut up!!”

 

 

From : Kim Jongdae

 

Baby~ I’m sorry I can’t make it home tonight… Suho Hyung needs help with the employment contract so I have to stay at the office T_T

 

To : Kim Jongdae

 

It’s okaaaaaay :3 don’t forget to eat your dinner ya? Love you <3

 

She groaned and threw her cell phone to the sofa, she buried her head into the pillow and sighed. But I want to spend this night with him…she thought and pouted.

Suddenly her cell phone beeped again, she flipped it open and a message icon appeared

 

From : Do Kyungsoo

 

Can you please come to Le Beignet in 1 hour? :3

 

She blinked for a minute and then thinking why all of the sudden?

 

To : Do Kyungsoo

 

Sureeeeee~ :D

 

She quickly showered and changed into a black jeans and white shirt, she grab her black ballet shoes and brown coat. After checking the house, she skidded downstairs and went to Kyungsoo’s bistro.

 

She welcomed by a shower of colorful confetti and also trumpets blow, her eyes widened as she saw Kyungsoo stood there, grinning like a kid. “What….”

“Happy birthday!!!” she went blank for a minute but then smiled widely, “Oh my God… Thank you so much~”

He put a tiara on her head and seated her on the bar, “Why it’s so deserted today?” she looked around to find it’s just her and Kyungsoo and no other guest.

“I closed earlier specially for you,” he grinned and took something out from the freezer, “Here, special dessert for the birthday girl…”

He put a plate of Opera cake infront of her, she looked in awe at the cake.

The cake is in a perfect rectangle with a drop of vanilla ice cream and also golden leaves.

“Uwaaaaaa~ it looks so beautiful that I can’t eat it…” she pouted, he laughed, “Just eat it! I made it for you!”

She took a bite and then squealed, “Delicious~”

She finished it like a kid and then sighed in happiness, “I’m full…”

He just chuckled and pour a glass of water for her, “You eat like a five year old kids,” he leaned on and wiped the chocolate on the corner of her lips.

She froze while he seems didn’t realize her expressions and keep wiping.

“Aaah, thank you…” she smiled, “Do you want me to send you home? It’s already this late…” he wiped his hands and took off his apron.

“It’s okay… I drove here…” she smiled, “Thanks for the cake Kyungsoo Oppa…”

He smiled too and pulled out a small box, “Your gift…”

“Oppa… You don’t have too!!” she gasped and opened the box, it’s a charm bracelet with 12 charms dangling on it, “It’s beautiful… Thank you…” she smiled, he pulled her arms and putting it around her wrist.

 

“Oppa~” Hanin called, “Hmm?” Kyungsoo wiped the skillet and hung it back.

“I’m always wondering why until now you still didn’t have a girlfriend~” she giggled and sat on the counter, he turned around and looked at her, “And why is that?”

“Well… You’re a good looking, a gentle man and also can cook! You’re like every girls dream boyfriend,” she explains in enthusiasm, “Remember Sunae from our high school? She used to likes you! And Joomi too!”

He stops his work and walked closer to her, “Do you want to know why I haven’t got any girlfriend until now?”

She nodded and swings her legs back and forth, “It’s because the girl I like is engaged to my bestfriend…”

“Ohh so who’s that… EH?!” her eyes widened, he put his hands on either side of her and gazed into her eyes.

Their face is just an inch away from each other, she blushed and closed her eyes.

Suddenly, he burst into a laugh. “Yaaaah!!!!” she hissed and hit his arms.

“I’m sorry I’m sorry!! I’m just kidding~” he wiped the tears from his eyes.

 

“Food, check. Present, check…” she checked the list on her hand and smiled, she looked into the mirror and see her cluttered appearance, “Oh God I need another shower!”

After a refreshing shower, she walked into the closet and grabs her new dress. She blew up her hair and sprayed some perfume.

She waited impatiently for Chen to come home, today is his birthday and this morning he already promised to come home at 6 P.M, which is the first time since he’s always busy.

30 minutes more…she glanced to the clock eagerly.

 

She sighed again, 8.30 P.M and no call or message from him. She tried to call his cell phone but it’s always busy.

The food is already cold and she’s already changing the ice for the bucket wine twice.

She bit her lips and got up, she grab her jacket and went out from the apartment.

There’s only one place where she can calm herself down right now.

 

“Welcome~” Lay smiled, “Oooh Hanin aah? You’re coming alone?” he smiled, she just nodded softly, “You can sit at the bar, but Kyungsoo is still busy…”

“Naaah it’s okay~” she smiled, Lay pulled the chair for her and she sit down.

“Enjoy your time!”

She sighed and rested her chin on her hand, Kyungsoo is busy cooking the orders with Tao.

“Excuse me…” Lay poured the water into her glass, she looked up and smiled, “Thanks…”

Finally Kyungsoo finished the order and his eyes widened when he realized Hanin is there.

“Wha… Today is Jongdae’s birthday right?! Why are you here?”

She just looked down and shook her head, he sighed, “Okay then… What do you want to eat?”

“Steak au poivre~ and then crème brulee…” she mumbled, he just chuckled and then nodded. In a flash, he put the dish in front of her and smile apologetically, “Sorry I can’t accompany you until I finish all of the guests’ order… But I’ll be quick!”

She nodded and start to eat her food while looking at the busy Kyungsoo.

And even Kyungsoo Oppa who always have a free time is have to be busy right now… she rolled her eyes in annoyance and chewed.

 

“Full?” he asked as he wiped his hand dry and throw the cloth back, she nodded slowly and wiped her lips, “It’s delicious~”

He grabbed his keys and went out from the kitchen, “Wear your coat, I’m gonna drive you home,” he grabbed his jacket and wear it.

He walked to the door but Hanin just stand in her place, not moving at all.

“What are you doing? Let’s go…”

“I don’t want to see an empty apartment again… It feels so lonely…” she hung her head low and tears start formed in her eyes.

Suddenly he pulled her into a tight hug and she was surprised by his action. She doesn’t know what to do but then she cried into his shoulder, it’s been a long time since I felt someone hugging me like this…

He rubbed her head softly, “I love you…” the words slipped out from his mouth all of the sudden.

Her eyes widened, he mentally slapped himself to let that sentence to come out at situation like this.

“I… I really love you, it breaks my heart to see the girl I treasure the most being hurt like this,” he buried his head into her shoulders and tightened his hug.

 

They walked together hand in hand, the weather is so freezing cold right now.

Her mind wanders as Kyungsoo talks about the movie they saw earlier.

They’re at the crossroad when she felt someone is looking at her, she looked up to see someone she’s familiar with.

It’s him…her eyes widened as she saw Chen across the road, he saw them too and quickly turn around.

She released her grip on Kyungsoo’s hand and ran across the street, ignoring his call and

also the sound of car honks.

 

Suddenly everything went black.

 

 

She opened her eyes, a white ceiling welcomed her. She blinked again and tried to sit up, suddenly a pair of hands helped her got up, she looked to the side to see Xiumin and Baekhyun smiling widely at her.

“Finally!!! You wake up!!!” Xiumin squealed, “I’m going to call Chen!!” he rushed outside, leaving Baekhyun and Hanin alone.

“Hey…” he said and patted her head softly, she looked down, “Sorry for causing much trouble…”

Baekhyun smiled softly, “It’s okay…”

“Hanin aaah… You and Kyungsoo…” he suddenly said, she looked up and blinked, “Yeah?”

“Nevermind…” he smiled softly, “We’re glad that you finally wake up…”

 

The door opened and Chen quickly enveloped her in a tight hug, he buried his head into her shoulder, inhaling her scent that he missed after all this time.

“Yah yah! You’ll make her uncomfortable! Let go~” Xiumin pulled him back, Baekhyun laughed softly but secretly wiped a little tears away from his eyes. She just sighed and bit her lip.

 

“We’re home~” he smiled widely and opened the door for her, she just stared blankly to the front and walked.

Suddenly she feel her feet a little wobbly and about to stumble when he quickly catch her hips, “Be careful… You’re not that healthy to walk yet, if you want to go outside the room just call me, I can carry you…”

She just sighed, he carefully put her in the bed and tucked her in.

“Good night, have a nice sleep.” He kissed her forehead.

Hanin only stared at him walking out of the room until he closed the door, she stared at the ceiling and not long after that drifted to sleep.

 

She blinked as she read the note Chen wrote for her on the table.

 

Don’t forget to eat this and also the medicine! After that just go to sleep and I’ll be home when you wake up <3

 

Tears formed in her eyes. Why are he still like this… she thought.

She thought that he’ll break up with her, or maybe he’ll do it when I got better…

She sat down and ate in silence.

 

“Hey…” he sat beside her, she jerked up a little but then looked away.

“What is it?” Chen asked as Hanin only stared at the food in front of her.

“I’m sorry if its taste bad, after all you’re the great chef here…” he laughed softly, “I’m sorry I can’t cook as delicious as your dish. You must’ve thought that I’ll not become a good husband,” he laughed again and picked up the tray.

“I’ll go warm the food again…” suddenly she hold his hand, making the tray fell with a loud bang.

He’s surprised to see her crying, he sat down and cupped her face on his hand, “What’s wrong baby?”

“Why…do…you…still…care?” with each word spoken, she hit his chest and tears keep strolling down her cheeks.

“What…” he hold her hand but she keep trying to hit him.

“Isn’t it obvious that I cheated on you with Kyungsoo Oppa!!! WHY AREN’T YOU MAD AT ME?!” she shouted and crying again. Why don’t he get mad or anything?! She thought and sobbed.

He lifted her chin and looked at her with a soft gaze.

“Because I have fallen in love with you from the start and I will do anything to make you stay, to make you happy. I’m sorry I should’ve done this a long time ago… I’m sorry,”

He pulled her closer and kissed her lips softly.

“I love you…”

“Jongdae…” she sobbed into his chest and hug him tightly, I’m so stupid after all this time… he rubbed her head softly and kissed the crown of her head, “Baby don’t cry…”

She looked up to see tears strolled down his cheeks too, the calm-serious Kim Jongdae she known for 9 years is crying too.

“Baby don’t cry~” he sang softly and kissed her tears away, she rubbed his tears away using her thumbs and leaned her forehead to his.

“I’m sorry…” she mumbled, he nodded and kissed her lips again.

 

The sunray coming through the window and shining on her face, she opened her eyes slowly to find Chen staring at her with a soft gaze.

“Good morning…” he smiled and kissed her forehead, she smiled and snuggled closer to him.

“Oppa…” she look up, Chen tilted his head, “Hmm?”

She kissed his lips softly and smiled, “I love you too…”

-----------

;;A;; /crying a river into Jongdae's chest. I feel like I really want to cry while typing this part comparing to the first part.

Because yeah, this one tells from the girl me side ;A;

don't forget to comment please :3 thank you XD /waves with Chen