Baby don't cry

Seafoam [ONESHOT]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tGiuz7srOI&feature=related

--------

He just froze as he saw the scene in front of him.

It’s her…he thought, a couple laughing while walking on the other side of the road, it’s Kyungsoo and HIS girl who walked hand in hand, smiling to each other as Kyungsoo whispered something to her.

She laughed but then her eyes widened as she saw him across the road, oh crap…Chen quickly turn around and walked away, didn’t see how she instantly released Kyungsoo’s grip on her and ran across the street.

CKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!

After that, everything went like those tragic movies in Chen’s mind.

He turn around again, only to see her body lying down on the street covered in blood, Kyungsoo kneeled beside him panicly while calling the 911, the crowd surrounded them.

The driver of the car quickly got off from his car and his face looked pale as snow, the ambulance came and they swiftly carried her inside.

Chen cursed and then ran into the ambulance, ignoring the people who prohibited him TO coming inside.

 

He kept pacing and glancing at the Emergency Room’s sign as it still glows red, Kyungsoo sat behind, his elbows on his knees and his face cupped in his hands.

After it feels like forever, finally Chen sat down beside him and leaned back his head to the wall.

“It’s not her fault…” Kyungsoo finally spoke, “I know…” he sighed and looked at him.

“It’s…”

“Lee Hanin’s guardian?” the doctor shows up and looked at them, both of them stood up and approached him.

“So you guys are her guardian? You can come inside but you have to be quiet,” the doctor opened the door and they step in.

Chen’s heart skipped a beat when he saw her lying unconsciously on the bed and her heartbeat was monitored, it was weak. 

“This is all that we can do, from now on we’ll just wait her to wake up,” The doctor explained and patted Chen’s shoulder in sympathy, “Thank you…” they bowed and then approached her bed.

Chen held her hand and rubbed it with his thumb, Kyungsoo just stood back there and looked down.

He turned back and startled when he saw tears fell down from Kyungsoo’s eyes, “I’m… so so sorry… Even words can’t make up for what I did to her… and to you…”

 “Let’s go outside,” they got out from the Emergency Room, and as Kyungsoo closed the door, Chen quickly punched him straight in the face.

He fell back and wiped the blood from the corner of his mouth, Chen panted and just looked away from him. Kyungsoo finally stand up and walked away.

 

He opened the door of the hospital room carefully and closed it, Xiumin looked up from the magazine and smiled, “Oh great, how’s work?”

“Tiring as always… But I managed to escape before Suho Hyung comes back,”

Xiumin blinked, “You’re escaping again? Imagine if finally Suho catch you,”

“That’s not gonna happen,” he smiled, “Okay okay, now I’m off and I’m gonna be back in 4 hours!” Xiumin smiled and got up.

As Xiumin closed the door, Chen sat beside her bed and immediately took her hand.

“Hey…” he rubbed it softly and his heart clenched again as he saw her, hooked up into the heart machine and eyes closed, “Please wake up… I missed you so much…” he kissed the back of her hands as tears strolled down his cheecks, “Please…”

 

He straighten up the document and is about to leave his office when suddenly Suho blocked his way out, “Oh my God hyung I have to go!” he cursed silently and tried to passed him, Suho just crossed his arms and looked at him, “I know Hanin isn’t in a good state right now, but please finished these papers first!”

“Hyung! I have to…”

“Kim Jongdae.”

He sighed, Suho sighed too as he continued talking, “If you didn’t finish these by next week, we won’t know what’ll happen to our company… Besides, there’s Xiumin and Baekhyun in the hospital,”

“Okay okay…” he put off his coat again and sat down, Suho gave him the papers and smiled softly, “Just be positive… Everything’s gonna be allright,”

“Yeah…”                          

Suho closed the door and Chen immediately sighed, he looked out to the window, it’s raining like mad and suddenly he remembers how his and her story began.

 

-Flashback-

It’s the annual festival of their high school, the kids have to prepare a performance for the patrons. Chen, Luhan, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun prepared two songs as the representative of the 2nd year students. They sat on the waiting room with Xiumin and Hyoyeon, who as the representative of the 3rd year students, will performing a number of dance –as they’re famous as the best dancer of the school-. “Where’s the 1st year representative? They’re late…” Baekhyun tapped his foot impatiently, “Calm down, I’m sure they’ll come in a minute!” Luhan played his PSP while Kyungsoo calmly read a novel. Chen sat on the sofa and reciting the lyrics again, “Why you kept singing? We didn’t need practice, we’re pro,” Baekhyun snickered.

Suddenly the door opened and 2 people coming in, “We’re so sorry we’re late sunbaenim,”

“Sehun!! So this is your partner?” Xiumin jumped up and smiling widely, “I’ve already heard about you, what’s your name?” he asked and eagerly shook her hand, Chen looked up to see the girl Xiumin’s talking too and froze.

The girl has a shoulder length black hair with a long eyelashes and almost perfect pink lips, she blushed a little as Baekhyun and Kyungsoo shook her hand too.

“Annyeonghasseo, I’m Lee Hanin…” she bowed to all of them, Hyoyeon squealed and pinched her cheeks.

“Cute!! You’re like my little protégée!! I’m Kim Hyoyeon, school’s dancing machine with Xiumin!”

“Byun Baekhyun”
“Luhan”

“Kim Minseok”

“You’d probably know me already, I’m Sehun,” she pouted and hit his arms lightly, “Of course I know you…”

“I’m Do Kyungsoo, nice to meet you Hanin,” he flashes a smile, Chen raised his eyebrows but then Baekhyun nudged him, “You’re last,”

“Kim Jongdae,” he smiled too, she’s blushing in return and quickly turned away.

“It’s nice to know all of you sunbae,” she bowed again.

“How come I’ve never saw you in school before?” Kyungsoo asked, “Yaah! We need to practice one more time Kyungsoo ya!” Luhan butted in and dragged them out of the room.

 

All of them get ready on the backstage, Xiumin and Hyoyeon is doing a final warm up  before heading to the stage, Chen and the other check on their mics while on the other hand Sehun and Hanin sighed. “I’m going to the restroom for a minute…” he said, she nodded and sighing again.

Chen raised his eyebrows and then approached her, “Nervous?” she nodded lightly and then blushed, “Yeah…”

He sat beside her and then smiled softly, “Just take a deep breath… It’s common to be nervous at times like this, I bet Sehun went to the restroom because he got a panic attack too,” she laughed softly and blinked, “Thank you sunbaenim…”

“Chen!! It’s time for us to go!!!” Baekhyun shouted, he looked at her once again and got up in disappointment.

“Sunbae!!” she called, he turned around and blinked in confusion.

“Fighting!” she smiled and throws her hands in the air, he smiled shyly and nodded, “Thank you…”

-End of the flashback-

 

Chen sighed and signed the last paper, “Finished…” he threw the last paper down and leaned back to his chair. He closed his eyes, he felt tired and he didn’t know if he got any energy to go to the hospital.

He grabs his cell phone and quickly send a text message to Baekhyun to notify that he’s going home instead of the hospital.

 

“You must be so tired that you called me to pick you up…” Kris laughed a little, Chen just shrugged and looked outside the window.

They passed a familiar hotel, it’s Hanin’s parent’s hotel. And then his mind wanders again.

 

 

-Flashback-

He ruffled his hair as he walked inside the elevator, why they have to drag me into this… he grumbled lowly. Just this morning his mother called just to tell him that his parents already arranged some sort of fiancée thingy for him.

“Hold on a sec!!” a girl shouted from outside and he quickly pushed the open button.

He immediately froze when he saw who it is.

“Chen sunbae?!” Hanin gasped and quickly bowed, “Aaah Hanin-sshi? Long time no see…” he smiled, “What floor are you going?”

“23,” she said, “Me too… Are you going to Songpyeon Palace?” he asked out of the curiosity. She nodded lightly, “Sunbae is going there too?” he nodded.

“What occasion?” he asked, he looked at her from head to toe. Her hair is still the same length like when they’re first met each other, except she’s wearing more make up and also a heels.

“Lunch with my parents… They’re rarely in Korea so yeah,” she rolled her eyes and laughed softly.

The elevator ride is quiet as the two of them didn’t say anything, until it stops at the 19th floor and suddenly the elevator’s lamp went off.

 The elevator shook a little but then the lamp went on again, they blinked before looking at each other.

“Uh… Maybe something’s wrong with the elevator…” she looked unsure, he quickly pressed the emergency call button on the elevator and sighed.

“We’re trapped…”

“Oh great… Mom and Dad will nag again…” she slapped her forehead and slid down, he sat beside her.

 

Chen felt his heart beating faster because he’s never been this close to her.

After their first encounter at the school’s annual festival, they didn’t talk to each other a lot compared to his other friends such as Luhan and Kyungsoo. Thus he’s graduating first and they were like lose contact until today because she went to a different university.

“Do you remember the first time we met sunbae? At school’s festival…” she suddenly said, he raised his eyebrows, “Yeah, you were nervous like crazy,”

They laughed and then talked until the elevator dinged, signifying that it worked again.

“Oh yaaaay!” she cheered, he got up first and held out his hand, she hold his hand and got up. She blushed a little but he didn’t saw it because he’s checking his phone.

“It’s nice talking to you after such a long time sunbae,” she smiled as they got out from the elevator, “Me too… We’ve never talked like this in high school thought,” he rubbed the back of his neck shyly.

She laughed and nodded, “Maybe we should go for a cup of coffee sometimes… You know, to catch up things,”

“Just give me your phone num…” he’s about to give her his phone when suddenly someone calls him from a table.

“Jongdae!” he turned around to see his mother waved, there’s a couple sat across his parents.

The couple looked back and calls, “Lee Hanin! You’re late!”

He looked at her in disbelief, “Is that your parents?” she nodded, “I didn’t know our parents knew each other…” she said.

 

“I’m sorry it has to end like this…” he sighed as he unlocked his apartment, she shook her head and laughed, “It’s okay, I know my parents is up for something mischievous since the day they called me for that lunch thingy,” she laughed dryly.

“Here, let me hold your luggage,” he grab her suitcase and walked in, Hanin follows behind him and looked around in awe.

“Uwaaa~” he laughed, “Why? Did you expect piles of dirty clothes, beer cans and pizza boxes like typical guy apartments look like?” she nodded and then laughed softly, “I fall in love at the first sight with your apartment sunbae~” he laughed too, and then I fell in love at the first sight with you…he thought.

“You can use my room, I’ll sleep on the couch,”

“Is it okay? I should be the one who sleep on the couch!” she insisted, “No no it’s okay!”

 

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. It’s their 2nd month of them living together and Hanin waiting anxiously for Chen to come home, at this rate they’re already like a normal couple.

She always cooks dinner for him and they’ll eat together when he come home, but he still insisted in sleeping on the couch. Luckily it’s sofa bed, so he didn’t have to suffer from any back pain.

She tapped her finger and glanced at the clock, it’s 1 A.M and no sign from him what so ever. She tried to call him and text him but it seems that his cell phone is off.

Suddenly her cell phone ringed, it’s from Kyungsoo.

“Aaah Kyungsoo Oppa? Waeyo?”

“It’s about Chen… We’re at the Soongshil hospital now, because Chen…” she didn’t heard the rest of it because the call suddenly turned off.

She panicked and quickly wears a random jacket she pulled from the hanger, she took her car keys and strode off to the parking lot.

 

Chen sat outside the ICU room with Kyungsoo, he yawned as he checked his watch. “You’d already called Hanin right?” he asked, Kyungsoo nodded.

He sighed, just when he’s about to go home suddenly Suho groaned about having a pain on his stomach. So he and Kyungsoo ended up driving him to the hospital and it turns out that his colon is acting out.

“Oppa!!!” he looked to see Hanin panted, just wearing her usual home attire and home slippers. She slide down to the floor and then starts crying.

“Yah yah yah yah!! What’s wrong with you?” he panicked and kneeled down in front of her, “I thought you’re in an accident…” she cried even more, he ruffled her hair and pulled her into a hug.

“It’s not me, it’s Suho Hyung… His colon is acting out,”

She sighed in relief and wiped her eyes, “Is it?! Oh God then why I’m driving like a mad man to here…”

“Now let’s go home, you look tired…” he got up and holds her hand, “Kyungsoo! Just call me if something happen to Suho Hyung, or do you want to come home too? You can use my car…”

Kyungsoo shook his head, “It’s okay, I’ll stay here and will call you if something happen to Hyung!”

“Thanks…” Chen patted his shoulder.

Kyungsoo just stared at them as they leaved the hospital, he sighed and sat back on the bench.

 

“So…” Chen trailed off when they got back to his apartment, she turned around and raised her eyebrows.

“I’m just wondering, why you have got to cry?” he rubbed the back of his neck nervously, she blushed and just stood in front of him silently.

Oh damn, I’m just making things more awkward…he thought, “Aaah just forget my question… Let’s go to sleep, you must be tired…” he laughed awkwardly and turned around.

“It’s because I don’t want to lose you…” she blurted out, Chen stopped and looked at her.

“Because… I’m in love with you…” she finally said it, “Oh God… It’s okay if Oppa didn’t feel the same, our engagement is just a…”

He cut her words with a soft kiss, she gasped but closed her eyes and then kissed him back. “For your info… I’ve been fall in love with you since the first time we met…” he whispered into her lips and caught her lips again into a passionate kiss.

-End of the Flashback-

 

“Here…” Kris stops the car in front of the apartment, “Thanks Hyung…” he clicked off the seatbelt, “Don’t push yourself to much Chen chen… Hanin will be all right,” Kris smiled and gave his arm a light punch, “Yeah Hyung, don’t worry.”

 

He sighed and flipped on the lights, the apartment feel a little empty without her.

Usually he will hear her voice coming from the kitchen, and then he’ll hug her from behind while looking at what she cooks for dinner.

The kitchen is empty, of course…he thought. He opened the refrigerator and grab a can of beer.

After eating his late dinner, he yawned and walked to the bathroom.

His heart clenched again as he saw a pair of toothbrush on the glass above the rack, at this time they’ll usually wash up together. He loved to when they’re tooth brushing together, sometimes she’ll sat on the counter and he’s the one who is brushing her teeth if she’s too lazy to do that.

The bedroom didn’t help him calm down either, the bed looked untouched as he never sleeps in it since her accident.

He sighed and lie down, he looked to see the other side of the bed is empty. Usually Hanin likes to tickle him just when he’s about to sleep and it continues to a tickle war until one of them will surrender.

He sighed and closed his eyes, I should get a nice sleep so tomorrow I can go to the hospital again…

 

“Thanks for looking after her Baekhyun aah~” Chen handed him a bag of donut and a cup of Americano, Baekhyun smiled and nodded, “Anything for my favorite dongsaeng, especially when she’s my bro’s girl,”

They sat on the sofa beside Hanin’s bed, “I met Kyungsoo a couple of days ago…” Baekhyun starts, Chen chewed the donut and raised his eyebrows.

“He told me everything…”

“Oh…” Chen forced a smile, “It’s not their fault… It’s my fault because I’m too concentrating at work that I rarely talked to her,”

It’s true that from last year, he’s gotten busy with his work and always come homes at midnight.

He misses dinners and also breakfast because when he woke up, Hanin is already went to her workplace. She didn’t forget to leave a delicious breakfast on the table for him to eat thought.

Chen can’t remember either when is the last time they are spending quality time together or went on a vacation. She never complains about it, she will just smile and nodded understandingly if he suddenly cancels their dinner or trip.

It was 4 months ago at their high school reunion when he felt something happened between her and his best friend Kyungsoo.

 

-Flashback-

Chen just got home and wondering where Hanin is at this late time, when suddenly he heard the front door being opened.

He walked to find Hanin sleeping in Kyungsoo’s arm, he swept her bridal style. Kyungsoo is about to take off his shoes when he saw Chen standing in front of him.

“Ooh… I don’t know you’re home…” Kyungsoo said, a little bit stammered and nervous also.

“Yeah, what happen to her?” Chen sighed and took her away from Kyungsoo’s arms, they walked in, “She’s drunk because all that drinking game with Sehun and Luhan,”

“Drinking game?!”

“Today is our reunion party if you can recall, we invited two of you since two weeks ago but in the end it’s just Hanin who shows up.” Kyungsoo said.

“Jongdae… You’re such a lucky man…” Kyungsoo muttered lowly, “Huh?” Chen turned around, “Aah nothing… She keeps blabbering about you on our way home, just make sure to give her waters when she woke up.”

“I will,” he smiled, Kyungsoo high fived him and then leave the apartment.

 

“Kyungsoo Oppa…” Chen heard her voice from the bedroom, he opened the door and saw her tried to get up but then stumbled, he quickly catches her.

“Yaaah! Just sleep!” he said, she shook her head and pouted, “I don’t want to!! Not before Jongdae Oppa comes home…” tears formed in her eyes, he softened and wiped her tears off.

“Sssh, I’m here…” she scoffed, “Lie, Jongdae Oppa always said that but then I’m ended up at your restaurant, Kyungsoo Oppa… Eating your delicious dish alone…” she cried again, Chen is a bit taken a back with her words. So she’s been eating at Kyungsoo’s restaurant lately… he thought.

He sighed and rubbed her head, “Now let’s go to sleep okay? We will talk about this tomorrow…”

He lay down beside her and pulled the covers. She snuggled her head into his chest and then they quickly drifted into sleep.

 

He’s busy arranging the paper when suddenly Xiumin called him, “Ah Hyung?”

“Jongdae! Don’t forget to send me the design for that new building you want me to do,” Xiumin said from the other line, “Yeah Hyung, I’ll send it tonight!”

“Aaah by the way…” suddenly he trailed off, Chen scribbled on a paper and raised his eyebrows, “What’s wrong?”

“Just want to tell you today I met Hanin and Kyungsoo at the mall, she looks so skinny!! You didn’t feed her did you?!” Xiumin laughed, he didn’t know what to say and just laughed. When the call ended he just sighed but then got back to his work.

-End of the Flashback-

 

His cell phone keep buzzing throughout the meeting, he really want to pick it up but Suho’s gaze is preventing him from doing so.

Finally the meeting ended and he checked his cell phone, 5 messages from Baekhyun which contains the same ‘WHERE ARE YOU?!’ and even 15 missed calls from Xiumin.

He quickly called Xiumin, who answered the call with a squeal.

“Hanin finally wake up!!!”

He felt his heart skipped a beat, and pinched his own cheek in disbelief.

“KIM JONGDAE!!! LEE HANIN WAKE UP AND YOU HAVE TO BRING YOUR TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW!!” Xiumin shouted again and that really woke Chen up.

He ran into his office and grab his car keys, ignoring Suho’s rant he ran into the elevator.

 

He ran along the hospitals alley, the nurses shouted to keep him calm down but he just can’t. Finally he arrived at her room and shakingly opened the door knob.

He pushed it slowly and looked inside, Xiumin and Baekhyun got up from the sofa, but the only figure he automatically saw….

It’s really her…

He quickly enveloped her in a tight hug, he buried his head into her shoulder, inhaling her scent that he missed after all this time.

“Yah yah! You’ll make her uncomfortable! Let go~” Xiumin pulled him back, Baekhyun laughed softly but secretly wiped a little tears away from his eyes.

 

“So the doctors said that she can go home after 3-4 days,” Xiumin and Baekhyun nodded, they’re at the coffee machine as the doctors examining her condition again.

“Thank you Minseok Hyung… Baekhyun aaah…” he smiled and hugged them, “You’re welcome,” they smiled too.

 

“We’re home~” he smiled widely and opened the door for her, she just stared blankly to the front and walked.

Suddenly she feel her feet a little wobbly and about to stumble when he quickly catch her hips, “Be careful… You’re not that healthy to walk yet, if you want to go outside the room just call me, I can carry you…”

She just sighed, he carefully put her in the bed and tucked her in.

“Good night, have a nice sleep.” He kissed her forehead.

Hanin only stared at him walking out of the room until he closed the door, she stared at the ceiling and not long after that drifted to sleep.

 

“Wow, you look like a living zombie,” Kris commented when he drops by to Chen’s office, he just yawned and nodded, “Thanks…”

“I heard that you didn’t let anyone to help you to look after her when you’re at the office, you’re not worrying something will happen when you’re not at home?”

“Thanks Hyung, you’re making me more anxious…” he punched Kris arms and got out from the office.

 

He peeked into their bedroom again tonight, Hanin still sat there on the bed with her food untouched at the little table beside the bed.

“Hey…” he sat beside her, she jerked up a little but then looked away.

“What is it?” Chen asked as Hanin only stared at the food in front of her.

“I’m sorry if its taste bad, after all you’re the great chef here…” he laughed softly, “I’m sorry I can’t cook as delicious as your dish. You must’ve thought that I’ll not become a good husband,” he laughed again and picked up the tray.

“I’ll go warm the food again…” suddenly she hold his hand, making the tray fell with a loud bang.

He’s surprised to see her crying, he sat down and cupped her face on his hand, “What’s wrong baby?”

“Why…do…you…still…care?” with each word spoken, she hit his chest and tears keep strolling down her cheeks.

“What…” he hold her hand but she keep trying to hit him.

“Isn’t it obvious that I cheated on you with Kyungsoo Oppa!!! WHY AREN’T YOU MAD AT ME?!” she shouted and crying again.

He lifted her chin and looked at her with a soft gaze.

“Because I have fallen in love with you from the start and I will do anything to make you stay, to make you happy. I’m sorry I should’ve done this a long time ago… I’m sorry,”

He pulled her closer and kissed her lips softly.

“I love you…”

-----

so how is it? idk if it's sad enough, but i literally have to stop typing a few times and tried not to cry myself TT_TT

don't forget to comment! it'll really really help and also makes me happy ;A; lol *get hit*