The "Uptight" Girl: "I Love My Parents & I'm Going to Korea, Whether You're Coming or Not"

My 선배, My Love

To Park bom, everyday she lives her life with the routine she had since she was 10. Wake up early, shower+get dressed, get ready for school, breakfast, and go to school. Her parents had given her everything. Everything at all except: LOVE. Since they're working as an activist & professor, Bom understand they have high expectations toward her. After school, she'll study for about 4-5 hours a day, and not to mention the courses she's having: piano, flute, & violin. Overall, she's a talented & sweet. But also overwhelmed with her schedules in one day. She almost never visited her friends' houses, or shopping @ the mall with her girlfriends, or even have a sweet date with her dream man. Her family lives in the fast lane.

Everything is done carefully, wisely, and much more. Her grandparents had worked for the governor before they retired, and her uncles are professors at different kinds of universities. She too, will HAVE to follow her parents' footstep (as a professor of activist). But one day, her parents decided they have to "discipline" her & prepared her for her upcoming future. So they sent her to south korea to live in: seoul. "Trust us, you will be fine there. You are, as we see, a mature young lady & you have a bright future ahead!" Her mother said, reasoning to her. Knowing her parents, Bom just nodded & prepared her luggage. She knew she'll be in korea for at least 10 years.

"Wae? Why do I have to go too?" Seungri, Bom's dongsaeng, complained. "Because you have to start thinking straight & decide on your future, idiot!" Mr. Park (Ɓom's father) lectured his son. "I'm responsible enough, you know; and I've decide to be a bartender or a matchmaker for the 'The Billionaire Matchmaker', I'm also good looking & good at money so I can be a bachelor too!" Seungri yelled. His father just rolled his eyes & left him. Disappointed at his father, Seungri turns on his nuna. "Nuna~ what should I do?" He whined, using his aegyo. "Well, my question is: What can YOU do?" She shot back. Seungri pouted & silently cursing her. "I heard that," she said.

"Get your brain to work: they ARE right, you know them. We should just follow their commands."

"That's because you're too soft & can't fight back at them, nuna!"

"No I'm not..." Bom said calmly. "Oh yes you are, & you don't want to admit it. What did they do to you? Brainwash?"

"You're crazy. I love our parents & I'm going to Korea, whether you're coming or not." With that, their conversation ended. "Just wait nuna! You'll finally realize you're the one who decide your future, not our so called loving parents!" Seungri yelled at her, as she left the room.

"Just you wait nuna..."