Final.

I engrave something for you.

 

I engrave something for you.

Listen to this song as you read.

 

I was awaken by the sound of crying people next to me, I sat up and slowly shoved the hospital’s curtain that divides us; I saw my best friend lying peacefully on the bed. Her mom was holding her hand while sobbing loudly that the other patients beside me wakes up. It’s hard to be in a ward, there are too many patients but because my Parents can’t afford a private room, they put me here.

 

“Mayu!” her mom weeps. “…why…”

“Ayako…” Her husband comforts her. “…Mayu’s in heaven now.”

 

I again shoved the curtain back and tears suddenly fell, I remember last night she was so happy and she gave me so many advices before we sleep.

 

“Luhan, are you still awake?”  Mayu called me.

“Yes, I’m still wide awake.” I replied as I lie on my bed. “Is there something wrong?”

“Nothing actually, I just want to talk to you.”

“Oh, I see.”

 

There was an awkward silence.

 

“Luhan…”

“Hmm?” I sat up and pushed back the curtains, revealing my best friend lying on her bed. “What bothers you lately?”

“Luhan, What if I die tomorrow what will you do?” she looked at me with those brown eyes of hers.

I gave her a chuckle.

“What are you saying? The doctor said that you’re doing fine.” I smiled. “You’re being a paranoid again!”

“I guess you’re right, let’s sleep now.” She winked at me and I stuck my tongue out while I put back the curtains to its place.

“Good night Mayu.” I said, while I put on my sheets.

I heard her sighed.

“Good night Luhan.” Her voice was seems so weak. “Luhan…”

“What is it again?” I chuckled, peeking at her.

“Don’t give up, okay?”

“What are you talking about?”

She looked at me and gave me a small smile.

“Because I may not be here tomorrow, you should be prepared and remember…” she took again a deep sigh. “… that there will be someone who will replace me and that someone will make you happy.”

 

I didn’t respond. Mayu, don’t say that you’re scaring me.

 

“Wakarimaa?” she suddenly spoke in japanese.

“Haode.” I replied in chinese, I heard her laugh.

 

After that small conversation, we drifted to sleep.

 

I peeked again and I saw the doctor and nurses cover a white bed sheet on mayu’s body. I can’t believe it… I thought, wiping my tears. Suddenly my nurse came and I was asked to seat on the wheelchair.

 

“Luhan, I feel so sorry for you.” The nurse stated. “… because of your best friend’s sudden death”

I didn’t said anything.

“Don’t worry Luhan, you will be fine.” She patted my head.

“I hope so.”

 

She took me under the old oak tree outside the hospital, I saw some patients strolling on the grassy ground with their nurses.

 

“I’ll be right back Luhan, I forgot your sweater.” She said and ran.

 

I didn’t see this day coming.  I look up to the huge tree and I saw some writings on the trunk. Mayu you said I’m going to be happy, but I can’t even hope for it to come. I move my wheelchair and scanned the whole trunk when something caught my eye; I moved closer and read it.

 

“Why do we even live when we all know we’re going to die? The world is so cruel, people are cruel and they don’t understand me, what am I living for?”

 

I frowned as I read the hate message from someone. This just doesn’t make any sense at all. I thought as I picked up a sharp rock and I replied to his message.

 

“Whoever you are, you should be thankful because God knows someone needs you right now and that person will understand the smallest things about you.”

 

I threw the rock away before my nurse arrived.

 

“Victoria unnie, Why did it take you so long to get my sweater?”

“I’m terribly sorry Luhannie, Doctor Han called me for a minute.” She patted my head.

“It’s okay.” I smiled. “… Can we stroll for a while?”

“Sure. C’mon!”

 

 

I wonder who wrote that.

 

 

That evening…

 

The message on the Oak tree still bothers me badly, there’s this part of me that makes me want to go there and find out who wrote that. I guess whoever wrote that doesn’t see the beauty of life. I played on my favorite Rubik’s cube; Suddenly Dr. Han came smiling at me.

 

“Hello Luhan, How are you?” Dr. Han said as she sat down on the edge of the bed.

“I’m doing fine doctor; I just felt a pain on my Chest.” I said. “I wonder why did the nurse put me on the wheel chair.”

She chuckled and sighed at the same time.
“I don’t know how to say this… Just enjoy your life.” She stood up and suddenly a guy popped from nowhere.

 

We just stared at each other.

 

“By the way Luhan, this si Oh Sehun your new nurse.” She introduced the guy to me.

 

What happened to Victoria unnie? My eyes widened.

 

“Where’s unnie?” I was referring to Victoria. Dr. Han gave me a disappointed expression.

“She was transferred to another patient.”

“Oh, okay.” I lowered my head.

“Don’t worry, you and sehun can get along well.” She patted sehun’s shoulder and left.

 

We just stared again to each other, he looked away.

 

“Uh… sehun hyun-”

“I’m not your hyung. I’m younger than you.” He coldly said while scanning my medicines.

 “I’m sorry.” I simply said while bowing.

“It’s okay.”

“Say…” I said and he looked at me. “… I hope we can be good friends.”

“Okay.”  He rolled his eyes.

 

I was offended with his reply; I glared at him and tried to get some rest.

 

 

I heard the voice of my mom and Dr. Han behind those curtains, listen to their conversation.

 

“Mrs. Lu, It’s about your son… his heart starts to go weaker every day.” Dr. Han explained; I clenched my fist.

“What can we doctor?” my mom pleaded.

“I guess the only solution is to let him enjoy life.” She said to my mother.

“How long will he still live?” my mom’s voice cracked. “Can still he be operated or anything?”

Dr. Han didn’t speak.

“Please doctor!”

“He can live approximately, 30 days.” Dr. Han’s voice sounded disappointed.

 

I quickly sat up and shoved the curtains, I saw my mom with her watery eyes and Dr. Han tries to comfort her.

 

“Mother, Don’t cry…” I said holding back my tears. “… At least you know when I will die, unlike Mayu who died suddenly, it’s more painful not knowing the one you love will leave you without a word.”

 

They were silent, I bet they were dumbfounded.

 

Suddenly Sehun came with a wheelchair, Dr. Han and mom helped me to transfer; I smiled at them and we went out the ward. As sehun pushes the wheelchair on the hospital’s hall, I began to cry silently.

 

“I heard that too.” He said, and I looked up.

“Can we go again to the huge tree outside? I will check something.”

He nodded.

“Sure. Let’s go.”

 

As we get closer to the huge tree, I started to get excited.

 

“What exactly are you looking for here?” sehun asked me; I just smiled.

“Something Important.” I moved my wheelchair and check again the message behind the trunk.

 

I flashed a wide smile when I saw a reply.

 

“I’m afraid you’re right, I think I found someone who will need me and who needs me at the same time, I just saw HIM recently and suddenly I felt my heart beat fast. It was love at first sight.”

 

I peeked on the other side of the there and I saw sehun sitting down on the grass.

 

“I’m so happy for you! I hope you and him can be together! I will pray for you two, by the way… what’s your name?”

 

I threw the rock and moved my wheelchair towards sehun.

 

“Come on!” I said and he stood up.

 

That night, I saw Dr. Han happily walked inside the ward. I signaled Sehun to stop feeding me first, I grabbed a tissue and wiped my mouth.

 

“I have wonderful news!” she suddenly beamed, making me and Sehun look at her in a weird face.

“What is it doctor?” I asked.

“You have now a donor!” she clapped and I suddenly felt relieved.

“Does mother knows it already?”

She nodded and Sehun congratulated me.

“Congrats Luhan, you deserve to live more.”  He smiled at me.

 

I felt something weird on my tummy that made me smile madly.

 

“T-thanks” I bit my lower lip. “So when is the surgery?”

“Tomorrow, better take some rest meaning no going out, your mom will go here tomorrow to take care of you, she said she misses you a lot.”

I nodded and smiled at them.

 

Heavenly Father, Thank you for giving me chance. I thought, closing my eyes.

 

 

 

The next day, I happily opened my eyes and I saw my mom arranging some fruits and flowers on the small table

 

“Mother…” I called her with my groggy voice. “… I’m very happy right now.”

She just gave me a smile.

“Me too, Luhan.” She ruffled my hair. “…Very happy.”

 

 

 

Time flies so fast and it’s already night time, I saw Dr. Han with her surgery gloves on her hands.

“It’s time Luhan.” She said and I nodded.

 

Here it goes, Lord make this surgery a successful one. I once again closed my eyes as the nurses assists me to the surgery room, As the other nurse injected me anesthesia, few second later my eyes shut down.

 

 

 

One week after the Surgery…

 

My mother bowed at Dr. Han, today we are already going home. I’m kind of excited because there are some foods that I can eat now and some activities I can do after the heart transplant.

 

God is really great, I guess this is what Mayu’s referring of. I thought as I went up on our van.

 

I looked around and saw the tree, my eyes widened.


“Mom, Can we go there for a minute?” I pointed at the tree.

“Oh, sure why not.”

 

As we walk on the grassy field I can strongly feel that there’s something pulling me here, As if the tree needs to tell something to me.

 

I look around the tree and I saw the message I’ve been replying since last week before the operation. I saw a respond below mine…

 

“Actually, we can’t be together as a couple but I will always be there for him because I gave the most important to him, My heart. I engrave my heart to his chest. It’s been a hard decision because ever since he was admitted here I always look at him from afar until I was given a chance to be with him, I was really happy until when I heard about the news he was dying and suddenly I felt my chest, you said I’m living for someone maybe this someone is HIM, Whoever you are this is my last reply because tomorrow’s the day I will give my heart to him, Thank you very much for let me seeing the beauty of life… by the way My name Is Sehun.

 

 

I instantly fell on my knees and weep, my mom was so shocked. I was so numb for not feeling sehun, I was too scared to confess to him that I really heard what he said. I was a big coward.

 

 

I tried to get up on my wheelchair and I failed, I fell on the grass and Sehun ran beside me and he was so angry.

 

“I told you stop being stubborn.” He scolded me. “Please take care of yourself!”

“I was trying to stand so that I won’t be a burden to you.”

He suddenly chuckled.

“You’re not a burden to me.” He ruffled my hair.

 

I blushed and smiled at him. He’s a snobby person but he’s sweet and caring.

 

“Really?” I asked, pouting.

“Yes, you are… Because I love you.” He whispered the last part.

“What did you say?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Nothing, let’s go?”

 

I wiped my tears and picked up a rock and started to engrave my message.

 

“I will take care of your heart just like how you took care of me. Thank you for saying I’m not a burden because ever since then, I felt like one but you. No wonder after the heart transplant I felt like I’m loved, No wonder why I didn’t even try to find you because you’re always here, Still you're such a PABO Sehun-ah why didn't you tell me 'Saranghae.' at the first place? I love you too you know.”

 

A small smile formed on my lips as I dropped the rock on the ground. I suddenly felt happy even though we both didn’t confessed, because I know right now, Sehun knows what I feel towards him because He’s my heart.

 

I may not see Sehun anymore but I can feel him, you couples should envy us because It’s not about the physical apparition of your lover for you to feel that you are loved; It’s about sacrificing himself just for him to show that he truly loves you.

 

 

 

-The end.

 


Hey reader, I hope you like it.  :)

 

I've been receiving praises lately since I wrote He wasn't a mistake and it's sequel, Kris, I hope you're fine.

I just wanted to tell all of you that you've motivate me again to write because the past months, I lost an inspiration to continue my stories.

Once again, Thank you for all of your love.

 

For those who are asking or wondering how old I'am OR calling me unnie here at AFF, I'm actually 15 y.o don't be fooled with my age at my profile.ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 

I'm not an UNNIEEEEEEEE

Gah, i need to take a bath.

Comment and if you want, Subscribe.