Korea

Battle for Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Stepping into the private jet that was supposed to fly me to Korea, I felt a cool gust of wind blow in my face from the air-conditioning system. Last night, after my dad had told me about the move, he had driven me home and told me to start packing. It was now nine AM, and in a few minutes I would be on my way to Korea.

After I had gotten home last night, I tried to talk my dad into letting me stay behind. But he had made up his mind that I was going with him, and once he made up his mind he didn’t change it.

I didn’t even know how I even let my dad take me home after he told me the big news. I guess that I was just in such a daze that I didn’t even notice anything else that was happening. Having to move to Korea was bad enough, but moving to Korea before I even knew if I won the Grammy or not, was even worse.

I was pretty mad that my dad was making me move to Korea out of nowhere, but I had a plan. My birthday was coming up in two months, and as soon as I turned 18, I would be outta that country.

So two months away from home wouldn’t be that bad. I would just think of it as a vacation.

As I sat down in my seat and stared out the window, I couldn’t help but think how things in Korea would be.

When I was younger, I had a Korean friend named Jiyeon, but she had moved to Korea as soon as we hit the third grade. But during the two years that I had known her, she had taught me a lot.

I would go over to her house all the time and watch Korean dramas with her.  She had taught me how to say a lot of things in Korean, but after she moved away I forgot most of them. Off the top of my head, the only things that I could remember how to say were Annyeonghaseyo/Annyeong or hi, and saranghae, which means thank you, I think.

But maybe, if I got lucky, when I got to Korea, I would see Jiyeon again, and maybe we would become friends again. But there really wasn’t a high possibility of that happening, since I was going to go to a private school.

When my dad explained to me how everything would be in Korea, he practically had our whole life over here planned out. He got a job with an entertainment industry whose name I could never remember, and would be working there.

He would be working with a Kpop girl band called Tiara or something. And those girls attended the same school that I would be going to. It was a private school for celebrities only. I had only gotten in on account of my dad’s job. My dad was planning

Please log in to read the full chapter