The Big News

Battle for Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

  As I walked down the red carpet, a reporter took a picture of me, and nearly blinded me with the flash. I nearly tripped over my own two feet while trying to recover from the sudden flash of brightness. You know, walking on four-inch high stiletto heels while wearing a tight dress isn’t as easy as it seems. But I would manage, since this was the Grammys after all.

I was a movie star/singer. I’d been on T.V. for years and had finally been nominated for the best female singer of the year award in the Grammys. I was pretty sure that I was going to win it, but I never got to find out.

 Walking into the large auditorium where the Grammys were being held this year, I saw so many familiar faces. Usher, Nicki Minaj, Beyoncé, JayZ, Jennifer Lopez, Angelina Jolie, and so many more, were all there.

But there was that one familiar face that I could find and her name was, Kris Moorehead. She was my best friend of all time. We had been friends since the second grade and we still were even though I was famous and she wasn’t. I had invited her here today as my guest, but I just couldn’t seem to find her.

Looking around, the large, but crowded room, I couldn’t find her anymore. She was nowhere in sight. Finally giving up my attempted search, I walked over to my seat. As I sat down, I felt someone grab my hand and pull me back up. I let out a little squeal of fright. Turning around, I realized that it was none other than Kris.

“Hey, you made it,” I said to her.

“Yeah, I did. Thanks for inviting me,: she replied back while hugging me.

All of the sudden, she broke away from me mid-hug and said, “Hey, Kendall. I just saw your dad outside. He told me that he wanted to talk you about something big and important. He wants you to meet him ASAP. He’s waiting out by the front entrance for you.”

Big news? What did he mean by big news?

Last time he had said something like that, he had ended up calling me from jail telling me to prepare bail money for him. You

Please log in to read the full chapter