JR

Battle for Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

The rest of the day went by in a blur, mainly cause I couldn't stop thinking about what I had done to deserve this. All this craziness, I mean. I had been moved to a foreign country which I knew nothing about, and now the whole school was talking about me. And the worse thing was, I couldn't really understand what they were saying.

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, I got a text from Kris, while I was waiting for my driver to arrive at the school to take me home. It was a short text, 3 words actually. And the 3 words told it all.

"I DON'T CARE"

Clearly, she was mad at me. I couldn't believe this. I don't tell her where I am for 2 days, and she hates me already. Ok, so I probably would have been mad if my best friend moved to a foreign country without telling me, but she knew this wasn't my fault. I had explained to her in my text, how I hadn't known about the move, and how I hadn't been able to tell her everything until then, but it seems that from her choice of words, she didn't really care.

Kris was my best friend, but right now she was acting like a total , so I didn't really have time to deal with her. I was tired. I was hungry. So, all I really wanted to do was to go home, eat, and sleep. But did I get that?

NO!

After waiting in front of the school for 20 minutes, and not having my driver come to pick me up, I got frustrated. I was hungry and tired, and and wanted go just go home......well to my temporary home.

Was that too much to ask for?

Apparently it was, because after waiting another 10 minutes, m driver still wasn't there, so I decided to go home on my own. My father was supposed to be at a meeting today,so he wouldn't be able to pick me up, and I didn't know my drivers number, so walking it was.

Mad and hungry, I began the descent back to my house. Halfway through the walk, I came up to a street and stopped.I was waiting for the cars to pass by the road when a red sports car,which had the top lowered, slowly drove by me. Immediately,I recognized the driver. From the color of the hair, and the look of her face,I knew it was Jiyeon. She had the usual sneer on her face.She drove by slowly and it was as if she was mocking me on the fact that she had a car and I didn't. I watched her as she drove right past me without so much as a glance.

I couldn't believe I was saying this, but I hated her. She may have once been my best friend, but not anymore.

After 1 hour of walking, I finally got home, to find myself alone in the house. I rambunctiously ran to the fridge and opened it. Inside, I found Korean food. Tons of it. I had never tried any f it before, but I decided to give it a go. It was something called Kimchi, and after I micro waved it, I put some of it in my mouth, and spit it out right away.

How could they eat this??

After my disastrous taste test  with that horrid Kimchi, I just decided on some cookies I found in the pantry, and then I headed straight to bed for a good old nap. 2 hours after I had gone to bed, I still lie awake on my bed, unable to sleep, so I gave up, and did my homework, since I had tons of it. Even though it was a Friday, and there was no school tomorrow, I decided to just get it all over and done with. It was pretty easy. 

That night, I barely slept. My dad came home at around 11 and we made up for yesterday's mini-fight, and then we both headed off to bed. Although I barely slept a wink, the next morning, at 6:30 I got out of bed. I had woken up at around 5:30 and couldn't fall back asleep, so I decided to head out for a morning ride. After quickly brushing my teeth, and drinking some orange juice, which by the way tastes nasty after you brush your teeth with minty toothpaste, I grabbed my skateboard from the living room closet and headed out.

You didn't think I meant a car ride, when I said "a ride", did ya?

My skateboard was like my sanctuary. Back in America whenever I had a problem, and the whole sorting-my-mind-with-the-ceiling thingy didn't work, I would go out for a ride on my skateboard. It helped me clear all my thoughts, and riding my skateboard was just..............................a way for me to relax. And I just loved the feeling of being in control. Like, I became the one who controlled all aspects of my life for once. It was like the skateboard became my life, and I could steer it in the direction that ONLY I wanted it to go on, and no one could tell me otherwise.

So, this morning, when I began to ri

Please log in to read the full chapter