Nine Hundred And Sixty-Two Point Eight Kilometers That-A-Way

Nine Hundred And Sixty-Two Point Eight Kilometers That-A-Way

“I’m...what?”

“You’re exactly 962.8 kilometers away from me right now,” Luhan stated proudly.

“I...what?”

“Well, you’re at your dorm, right?” When Sehun made a sound of confirmation, Luhan continued, “I’m at my dorm too. I looked it up, and we’re exactly 962.8 kilometers apart. Weird, huh?”

“If you didn’t have me, you’d most likely be in jail for stalking someone,” Sehun teased over the phone. “And this is only for...still over a month? Jeez, that’s too long...”

“With how busy we’ll be, I bet it’ll just fly by!”

“Stop being optimistic, you’re making my pessimism difficult,” Luhan could practically see Sehun pouting in frustration.

“Well...stop being pessimistic! I’m not gone forever, I’ll be back before you know it,” Luhan smiled.

“I doubt that, time will purposely slow down, just to prolong my torture! I miss you hyung,” the younger sighed sadly.

“I miss you too...go bug Jongin or something, alright? Maybe that’ll get your mind off things! Tell him Lukai will live on once I return! Love you~!”

Lukai?! Oh hell n-” Luhan hurriedly pushed the “end” button before the magnae could say anymore. He giggled as he pictured Sehun groaning and throwing his phone across his room and accidentally hitting someone in the head with it (which is exactly what he did...Joonmyun wasn’t too happy about it).

“Hyung. Hyung. Hyung. Hyung.” Sehun emphasized each word with a poke to the back of Jongin’s head as he impatiently waited for the other to acknowledge him. “Hyung. Hyung. Hyung. Hyu-”

“WHAT?!”

Sehun shrugged. “Luhannie told me to bug you since I was bored. So...here I am.” Jongin rolled his eyes at the explanation, but chuckled nonetheless. “Oh, and he told me to tell you Lukai will live on once he comes back. Pfft, like I’d let that happen,” he huffed angrily.

“Well you’ll have to tell your boyfriend that I’m not helping him cheat,” Jongin laughed, but the statement made Sehun pause and think.

“Hyung?”

“Yes, Sehun?” Luhan answered sleepily. He glanced at the clock, and nearly groaned when he saw it was 3 in the morning. “What’re you doing up so late?”

“Couldn’t sleep,” he answered simply. “But I need to ask you something.”

“What’s wrong?”

“You wouldn’t ever...cheat on me when you’re in China...right?” Sehun’s voice went quiet, wavering slightly.

Luhan nearly choked on his own spit when he heard the absurdity of the statement. “Why would I ever do that? Is this because of the Lukai thing? I was just kidding Hunnie,” he chuckled.

“I...don’t know...just feeling insecure, I guess...I miss you,” Sehun mumbled. Tears started forming in his eyes and he sniffled softly.

“Hunnie~ you can call me whenever, and it’s not like I’m gone for that much longer. I’ll be back before you know it.”

“B-but...” he trailed off.

“But what?”

“You’re 962.8 kilometers away in Beijing and there’s not a damn thing I can do to bring you back here! That’s what’s wrong...hyung, come back soon...”

“I will. I promise,” Luhan smiled softly. “Saranghae.”

“Wo ai ni.”

To: Luhannie~♥

It’s a good thing you know Korean, Chinese is hard ㅠㅠ


 

To: Sehunnie~♥

I’ll help you study when I get back ^^ ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

“HYUNG! HYUNG, GUESS WHAT?!”

“What is it~ it’s 2 in the morning, why are you even awake?! Don’t you guys perform tonight??”

“Irrelevant. BUT, did you hear that I got voted the best looking male rookie? I got an award and everything!”

“Who decided that? Aren’t you sorta...I don’t know, illegal to most people voting on these things?”

“I repeat. Irrelevant. You owe me 50,000 won when you get back!”

“979...980...981...982...9-”

“What’re you doing?” Yixing asked, raising an eyebrow as they passed another kilometer marker.

“Counting the kilometers,” Luhan stated, smiling innocently.

“But...why?” Zitao chimed in, tilting his head to look back at the older boy.

“It’s how many kilometers away from Sehun I am. I’m counting so I know how far away we are when we get to the hotel!”

Luhan ignored Wufan’s facepalm, instead choosing to stare out the window again.

“987...988...989...”

“I think...that way?” Sehun hesitated, pointing in a random direction.

“...that’s south, Sehun,” Kyungsoo responded, a bemused look on his face.

“So...that’s not right, huh?”

“...no. Hyung is west from us. South would be the sea. He’s not in a large body of water.”

“So...he’s...that way?” Sehun asked, pointing in another direction.

“Sehun...”

“Yes?”

“That’s north.”

“...oh.”

“HE’S THAT WAY YOU IDIOT,” Jongin turned Sehun’s head in the correct direction.

Ohhh.”

“Did you know that we’ve been apart for approximately 47 days, 5 hours, 21 minutes and...38 seconds?”

“Is this all you do while I’m gone? Count the seconds until I come back?” Luhan teased.

“Only 19 days, 7 hours, 43 minutes, and 10 seconds until then!” Sehun shouted excitedly.

“You must be really bored,” Luhan laughed.

“Or really desperate. Take your pick on what sounds more flattering for you.”

“...what?” Sehun asked.

“What? What’s wrong?”

“...what??”

“Am I missing something?”

“...” Sehun stared at his phone in confusion.

“Are you okay?!” Luhan asked, thoroughly concerned.

What. Are. You. Saying.

“Huh?”

“I’M STILL STUDYING, DON’T MOCK ME.”

“Wait...” Luhan paused for a second to think things over. “Was I speaking Chinese?”

“YES.”

“Ah. I guess that happens when you’re staying in China for months on end.”

“Exactly. So come back. I’ll help you relearn your Korean!”

“Why is our song your ringtone?” Jongin asked one day when Sehun got off the phone with Luhan for what had to be the third time in the past 5 hours.

“Oh, it’s just for Luhannie...it’s his line! And it’s fitting, don’t you think?” he asked, playing the part again and lipsynching rather dramatically. Jongin thought for a second, trying to remember what that part meant. When he realized what it was, he gave Sehun a look of utter confusion.

“Isn’t that...the opposite of how you feel?”

“Huh? Isn’t it something like, “everyday is long when I’m without you” or something?”

It’s practically the same thing that’s in the Korean version!” he stared at Sehun, who didn’t seem to be getting it. “It’s basically saying “such a long day feels like a short second”...which is not how I’ve been hearing you describe things.”

Sehun immediately pulled his phone back out again, and fiddled with it for a minute. Pocketing it again, he chuckled nervously.

“Yeah...so...what do you think of this weather we’ve had lately?”

To: Luhannie~♥

24 HOURS LEFT~ I LOVE YOU.

<3


 

To: Sehunnie~♥

I love you too~^^

“Hyung~ would it be cheesy if I ran up and hugged Luhan at the airport?” Sehun asked the leader, tugging on his sleeve to get his attention.

Joonmyun laughed. “Yes, very. Should I play some drama music for you in the background if you do it?”

Sehun deflated at the words. There goes that movie scenario...

“But,” Baekhyun piped up, “it’d probably get us quite a few new fans. I say go for it.”

Chanyeol sighed. “You guys are horrible with advice. I say do whatever you feel like doing. Besides molesting the hell out of each other, because I doubt airport security would appreciate that.

“I can’t wait to speak Korean again,” Minseok said with a dreamy grin.

“I love how you make it sound like Jongdae doesn’t exist and you didn’t have any opportunity to talk to him at all this past while in Korean,” Yixing muttered, eyes never leaving the small screen playing some movie he couldn’t understand in front of him.

“I might be a seat back, but I can still hear you, you know,” both boys conveniently ignored the younger.

Minseok replied with sticking out his tongue at Yixing and kicking the chair in front of his until Wufan turned around to glare at him.

What?”

“Has loverboy moved yet?”

Wufan groaned, and looked over at the boy sitting next to him. The boy that was still glued to the window of the plane, looking at whatever was currently below him. The boy that had been like that for the past hour since they got on the plane.

“No.”

“Why’d you let him get window seat? That was mostly a fault on your part, I’d say,” Zitao said from behind Yixing.

“It’s not my fault he literally ran onto the plane, I have no control over him.”

“Shut up, I’m looking for Sehun.”

“We’re over water right now, I don’t think you’ll se-”

“Shut up Jongdae, just shut up. I’m determined!”

“HYUNG!”

Luhan didn’t have time to even look up before he was attacked by the taller boy. The other Korean members were quite a ways back, covering their faces in embarrassment. He briefly wondered how Sehun was allowed literally right outside the terminal, but then saw the security guards walking towards the pair.

“You’re an idiot,” he breathed out, “I still love you though.”

“Good. Because this is probably seriously compromising my airport credibility and those girls over there have been taking pictures of us for the past minute.”

“Fanservice ,” Luhan laughed, leading Sehun away from the gate.

“Love you too, dear.”