Chapter 5

An Abyss of Passion

"Do I know you?"

Tiffany was shocked and surprised. She would have never expected this to happen.

"What are you talking about? Its me Tiffany ! Tiffany Hwang!!" Tiffany said to try to make Taeyeon remember her.

Taeyeon made sure he hid his feelings for her well. He did not want to seem as a person who still remembered his friend, whom he had a crush on since they were kids. He had never forgotten about her for one second. But he was sad and angry at the same time because he never received any calls or letters from her nor Yuri, so he assumed that they forgot about him. Through those years he prepared himself to look calm in front of her whenever he would have to confront her. He didn't want her to know his real feeling for her.

He then made his facial expression look as tough he finally remembered.

"Ah yes, Tiffany. ... How is it that I never recognized you?" Taeyeon said with a blank face, showing no interest to Tiffany, making her disappointed with his words and expression.

"So how have you been?" He asked after a few seconds of silence between the two.

"Uh .. fine ... thank you"

"It seems weird to me that you were able to recognize me after many years that had passed, that I was pretty sure that you had forgotten about me"

" .......  As you can see, I haven't"

They stared at each other in the eyes, and silence grew again between them for a few minutes, until Taeyeon decided to break it.

"Well then, it was nice seeing you again. I'll see you again some other time, I still have to get back to my house and put my stuff away and in order" He said. He wanted to leave as soon as possible. He was trying hard to control himself and hold back his feelings. He wanted to hug her, caress her, and love her.

"Yeah, sure"

And with that Taeyeon started walking away from Tiffany.

"Bye'' Tiffany whispered to no one and turned around and saw his walking away, which made her sad and started walking away with a tear escaping her eyes.

Taeyeon stopped in his tracks and turned around to notice Tiffany walking/running away from him.

He closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh escape.

He opened his eyes again, and saw that Tiffany was now gone.

He then made his way again to walk back home.

-

-

Hwang Residence

When Tiffany arrived she wasted no time and ran to her room and slammed the door. She went over to her bed and hugged her pillow tightly, letting out all the tears she was holding back a few minutes ago. 

Her nanny, whom she considered like a second mother to her, came inside the bedroom and frowned to see Tiffany crying while lying down on her bed. 

She had always taken care of Tiffany, ever since she was a baby, and had always loved her as if she was her own.

"What's wrong my dear?" Nanny Boa said.

"Taeyeon's back nanny~"

"Really~!? When!?" Nanny Boa was happy to hear the news. She knew all along that Tiffany loved Taeyeon and she would also constantly see her looking at their childhood pictures.

"A few moments ago. I saw him get out of the bus" Tiffany said.

Noticing the sad tone in her precious little girl, she was curious as to why.

"And you're saying like that with a sad tone? I thought that once you saw him again, in front of you, you would die of happiness and joy~!!" Boa was jumping on the bed and smiling.

Tiffany then sat up straight in the bed to look at her nanny.

"Yeah, but he didn't recognize me nanny. Can you believe it? Taeyeon did not remember me!" Tiffany said as she was in the verge of crying again.

"When I approached him, he didn't even know whom was the one he was talking with~!" Tiffany said as a stream of tears finally fell from her eyes.

Boa went to hug Tiffany and rub her back to try and calm her down.

She then released the hug held her by the shoulders.

"Don't tell me that he got the idea to not return the greetings and behaved like a jerk !! I bet his mother filled his mind with nonsense stuff " Boa was now mad about what she heard and was now making presumptions as to why.

"No, no, no, he didn't do anything or say anything. As a matter of fact, he acted like a true gentleman."

Tiffany paused for a while, as she remembered the little time she was with Taeyeon again.

"How do I explain it to you? .... I felt him very ..... different. As if he was greeting some stranger." She said as another tear escaped her eyes.

Nanny Boa hugged again and tried to sooth her.

"It doesn't matter. Maybe he didn't recognize you because it was dark out. Seeing as how you turned out to be very beautiful, he probably didn't expect it" She said to lighten up the mood.

They both giggled and finally Tiffany had now stopped crying.

"Yeah, maybe that's possible" she said as she let out a sigh, still doubting the thought.

"Come on, change that frown upside down and let me see that beautiful smile of yours my little angel" Boa said.

Tiffany managed to smile to her nanny, so that she wouldn't have to worry much about her.

"Ok, come on, dinner is ready. I bet you didn't eat anything again, because you rushed to visit your mother's grave. Come, I don't want you to starve to death" Boa said as she pulled Tiffany out of the room and into the kitchen to eat.

-

-

After dinner, Tiffany went back to her room. She went to a drawer that was placed near the window. She opened one of the cabinets and took out a small jewelry box, which she kept hidden, unlike the other big one. She didn't want anyone to know about it and always kept the key that unlocked both boxes with her.

wolf+designs+jewelry+box.PNG

Inside there was a small rose quartz necklace, which she recieved from Taeyeon when they were kids. Taeyeon had told her that it was a pair, and that he would keep the other one, for himself. She would always wear it every day, and would almost never take it off.

lovegiveaway2.jpg

Today however, she just let it inside the box, to make sure that no one would steal it from  her on her way to her mother's grave.

She held up the pendant to the air and let it shone with the bright moon light.

She stared at it and was reminiscing how Taeyeon had bought it from Jessica's aunt. She was told by Jessica that the rose quartz is believed to be the stone of 'Universal Love'.

She smiled at the thought while she still staring at the shining pendant.

She then remembered what had happened earlier with Taeyeon.

Her smile faded away and was soon replaced with a sad look.

She decided that she would just leave the pendant in the box and never take it out again and then went to her bed to sleep.

-

-

The Next Morning

Tiffany and Jessica were out in the village. They stopped in a clothing store to say hi to lady whom they were fond of.

They were talking about the many different type of clothing they like with the lady until Jessica looked at Tiffany.

She noticed that Tiffany wasn't wearing the pendant and decided to ask.

"Hey Tiff, were is the pendant? You almost never take it off. It's rare to see you not wearing it"

Tiffany was caught, and didn't know how to respond to her.

"W-well, it's not like its an obligation to wear it all the time" she said as she tried to convince Jessica out of the topic.

"Why don't you take her out to the village to walk around and talk out her problems. See if she'll tell you what happened, because I, I can't even get a single word out of her" said the lady of the store,

"No, no, no, there is nothing wrong with me. I don't have any problems what-so-ever. I-it's just that I-i ... d-don't feel like walking. I'm tired right now and just want to rest" Tiffany said as she sat down on a chair and out a huff.

"Hmm ~ .... Well I'll make it that you feel like walking. Come on, get up, you are going to walk around the village and talk out your problems to me" Jessica said as she started to drag Tiffany out of the store and into the village streets.

The lady giggled at the two and stared at their disappearing backs into the the streets before going back to work.

-

-

By this time, Jessica had convinced Tiffany to talk about her problems.

"So, are you sure he didn't recognize you, when he saw you?" Jessica asked as soon as she heard the whole story from Tiffany.

"No, he didn't. If I didn't tell him my name, he wouldn't even know whom he was talking with"

"I don't know .... I can't believe what you're telling me ..... Are you sure, you're not exaggerating?"

"I swear, I'm telling you the truth. Taeyeon is not the same person, you and I once knew"

"Well, obviously he's not. He's already a grown man, Tiff"

"And I'm a grown woman. But that isn't enough excuse for me to forget other people's faces!!!"  Tiffany frustrated, said.

" *sigh* ... Tiff, I've always thought that you would imagine it to be 'wonderful' when you would be able to see him again."

Tiffany sighed and shook her head at her friend's imagination.

"Look Tiff, I-i don't know, I thought that you imagined Taeyeon would arrive, and would even cry at the sight to see you again and that he would hug you in his embrace really tight until your need for air, just like in the movies~!! Am right or not ?"

"..... u-uh ... ok ... fine, you're right. But look, I'm not going to feel bad because of it, even less cry about it" Tiffany said as she remembered how she cried yesterday and how she promised herself before going to sleep that she wouldn't shed a single tear again.

"Besides, we were only simply just friends. And that was only when we were jus kids, everything else, is just a simple fantasy" Tiffany said as she she reminisced her childhood memories.

Jessica was looking at Tiffany, while she fantasized, but soon noticed a figure walking their way. She looked behind Tiffany, and noticed Taeyeon walking towards them.

"Hey Tiff, speak of the devil~!!!" Jessica said in a whisper, as she was squealing trying to contain the excitement inside her.

Tiffany's eyes widened.

"What!? Please don't tell me it's him~" Tiffany said in a whisper.

"Just  look"

"No"

"Look"

"No"

"Just turn around and look" Jessica said as she forced Tiffany to turn around. By this time, Taeyeon was already standing behind Tiffany, and was waiting patiently for her to turn around, but still curious as to why she wouldn't want to.

Tiffany was now face-to-face with Taeyeon and tried to look as calm as possible in front of him.

She backed away a little bit, giving some space and standing near Jessica.

"Hi" Jessica said as she took the initiative to start the conversation.

"Hi" Taeyeon responded back.

"I'm Jessica ... You know, the healer's niece of the village. The one whom you once bought a pair of necklaces. You remember?" Jessica said as she stared into Taeyeon's blank expression.

Tiffany hearing about the necklaces', touched her collar bone, but soon put her hand back down as soon as she saw Taeyeon taking a glance at her.

"You know ... I'm saying all of this, just in case you won't remember me, as the same you did to Tiffany" Jessica said.

Tiffany upon hearing her name, widened her eyes and panicked. She tried to shut her friend's mouth and give her a deadly glare.

Jessica just gave her a 'What?' look.

"I'm sorry, it's just that I've been gone for many years" Taeyeon said as he tried to explain the incident.

"Ah, yes, yes, many years, right? The same amount of time that Tiffany and I have been here in the village" Jessica said. She was now suspicious whether he was faking about not remembering them or not.

"Jess, stop!!- S-stop taking Taeyeon's time and be quiet" Tiffany said as she tried to stop her friend from telling Taeyeon any more things that she didn't want him to know.

"No, don't worry. I actually don't have anything to do" Taeyeon said as he smiled at them.

"You see Tiff, we can keep on talking"

"No, no, no"Tiffany said, as she wanted to get away from Taeyeon as soon as possible.

Taeyeon gave her a confusing and disapproving look.

"We actually have many thing to do and we're in a hurry, so lets go Jess"

"What? Why? and Where?" Jessica said as she gave Tiffany a confusing look.

"You know exactly where, so don't play dump ok. Come on, hurry up, we're in a rush" Tiffany said as she started dragging Jessica away from Taeyeon.

Taeyeon smiled as he soon realized what was going on.

Tiffany then stopped a few feet away, and looked back at Taeyeon.

"It was nice meeting you again, Taeyeon"

"Have a nice day" Taeyeon replied as he showed her a smile.

Tiffany turned around quickly to hide her blush and started to drag Jessica to who-knows-where.

 

 


 

Hi ... H-hehe

 

 
 
*hides behind chair*
 
Please don't kill me ~
 
I'm terribly sorry for not updating lately
 
 
I get distracted really easily D:
 
H-hehehe
 
Sorry again
 
 
 
Sincerely,
 
Soshi9_4ever