First Day

Gunshots of Love

My enrollment to Seoul High, AKA the high school that Jonghyun attended, was pretty much expected. I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked towards the front office.

                “Lee ______?” the receptionist asked me.

                I nodded and she handed me my schedule. The bell rang and I walked to my first class. As I was I took out my phone and studied the picture of Jonghyun that the CIA had given me. My instincts were immediately and I felt more alert than ever.

                Entering the classroom, I felt all eyes on me. I paid no attention to it though, as I scanned the classroom for my target. And then, I found him.

                He had his arm slung around who seemed to be Shin Se Kyung, and was laughing at something. Se Kyung looked bored, as she leaned her head on Jonghyun’s shoulder, mumbling something in his ear. He shook his head and kissed her nose, and she pouted.

                Yuck. Can there be any other disgusting sight? I walked to the teacher and gave her a slip, telling her that I was a new student here. The tardy bell rang and everyone got into their seats. Se Kyung cat walked to her seat and pulled out a mirror, checking her hair.

                I rolled my eyes.

“There’s an empty seat in the back behind Jonghyun. You can sit there,” the teacher said to me.

                Of course there was an empty seat behind Jonghyun. Just yesterday the CIA had paid the guy that had been sitting behind him to leave the school so that I could have that seat.

I grinned. “Perfect.” I took a seat behind Jonghyun and contemplated on which method I should use. After school I needed to head back over to the ISSAA to tell Principal Song about my progress on the mission. If I make no progress today then I’m screwed. And I don’t like to be screwed especially if it’s dealing with Principal Song.

                So for the rest of the class period I didn’t learn much. All that was being taught I’d already learned months ago.

                After class I followed Jonghyun out the door while Se Kyung skipped up to him, linking her arm with his. Seeing how she’s always so attatched to him, snagging Jonghyun away from Se Kyung now seemed more difficult than I thought.

                Lucky for me, both the CIA and ISSAA had taken action before hand and placed me in every single one of Jonghyun’s classes, and sitting near him in some way. But the CIA could only do so much. I still contemplated on what way to approach him. First impressions are important, after all.

                When dismissal bell rang I knew that I was in some deep . I’d gotten nothing out of Jonghyun and I had nothing to report to Principal Song or the CIA. I was walking out of the school and was figuring out how I could stall time before I had to face the inevitable.

                I was walking out of 7-Eleven, drinking a slurpee, when it happened.

                All throughout my life there’d been two sounds I could hear a mile away: punching and a gunshot.

                As I walking towards my skateboard, which had been tossed in the bushes nearby, I heard some strange muffling sounds coming from the ally across the street. Then I heard it: a gunshot.

                BOOM!

                Instinctively, I dropped my slurpee and  headed towards the ally. I turned around the corner to find someone being beaten up pretty badly. Someone being beat up to a pulp. And as I studied the scene closer, I realized that that person was none other than Jonghyun.

                “, I didn’t know the guy had a gun on him!” one guy was saying as Jonghyun tried to hang onto the gun for dear life.

                “Someone could’ve heard the gunshot, we’d better get lost,” another guy was saying.

                “But we still haven’t found what boss wanted!”

                “For the millionth time I don’t have what you guys want!” Jonghyun cried but only to get a punch in the stomach. He was beaten up pretty badly, and blood was everywhere on his face. Now seemed like a pretty good time to introduce myself. I put up my hood so my identity would be temporarily hidden.

                “YAH!” I said, pulling out a gun of my own. “Guys in the black.” I shot the gun into the air, the loud gunshot erupting in our ears. “Get lost.”

                The guys stopped beating up Jonghyun and turned their attention towards me. “And who may you be?” one guy asked.

                “None of your business,” I said coldly.

                “You guys have 5 seconds to get lost.” I pointed the gun towards them. “Or I’ll pull the trigger.”

                “Hah,” another guy said. “You think we’re scared of your ty gun? Why won’t you try?”

                I smirked. “Gladly.”

                BOOM!

                I shot one of the men in the shoulder and he screamed in pain.                                              

                “Argggg!” he moaned as he collapsed, clinging onto his arm.

                “1…2…” I said.

                “Dude, this chick’s the real deal!”

                “3…”

                “Might as well leave, he doesn’t have what we want anyway.”

                “4…” I shot another bullet into the air and the men quickly looked at each other before scurrying out of the ally, mumbling some words along the way.

                “5,” I finally said to myself.

                I tucked my gun into my hidden holster and ran over to Jonghyun, who was now lying on the wet, cold asphalt, unconscious.

                I slung his arm onto my shoulder and considered my options. I didn’t really want to bring him to the hospital. That’d reveal too much of me and him as a whole. I couldn’t take him to his house, because I don’t even know where it is and his father may not even be present. I couldn’t take him to my house. That’d reveal too much of me.

                When it seemed like I had no where else to go I suddenly thought of the perfect idea. Then, with Jonghyun right beside me, I slowly made my way there.

A/N: hope you guys like it so far! i'll add music to the next chappies :D