Chapter 1: Park Soyeon? Who's she?

More than Friends[On Hold! Sorry!]

Author POV:

Everybody thought Soyeon was rude. But they don't know what she's been through. Except for Seungho. He knew her perfectly. They've been best friends ever since pre-school untill now. He understood her the best.

In pre-school Soyeon's parents fought alot. Everyday and everynight, non-stop. She was the only kid. Sometimes their fighting would go so out of hand, Soyeon had to spend the night outside. In first grade her parents divorced. She lived with her Mom in Busan. But she was not her Mom. She couldn't be. Soyeon's Mom would punish Soyeon and yell at her for even stepping in her way. Soyeon couldn't take it anymore so in second grade she found her Dad's phone number and called him if she could live with him. He couldn't be any happier. Soyeon's Dad loved her dearly. He just couldn't show her because of her Mom. That upsetted Soyeon. But in sixth grade Soyeon's Dad died of , so she was ordered to go back and live with her Mom, but she didn't want to. She'd rather die. So when her Dad's friend sent Soyeon to her Mom's house, she ran away. Her Grandma was living somewhere close around Busan so she searched for her and eventually found out where she was living and stayed with her. 

When Soyeon was in eighth grade, her Mom found her at school and apologized to her, but Soyeon didn't accept it. How could she? But when a week hit, she got the news that her Mother was found dead in her house. Suicide. Soyeon blammed herself of her Mother's death and regretted not forgiving her.

But through out all these things happening, Seungho was with her. No matter what. That's what friends are for right?

When High school finaly hit, everyone already knew her as the brat that only thinks about herself and doesn't care about anything or anyone else. They even thought something was wrong with Seungho because he was her friend. And Soyeon's old friends pretended they never even knew her. Because of all these things happening to Soyeon, she got bad grades, she barely talked, she stopped smiling, and she would always look pissed off. When she was really dieing inside. But no one understood her. And that's what made it worst.

 

" So! What are we going to do today? " Seungho attacked from behind Soyeon, giving her a major heart attack.

" Yah! You scared me! " She screamed.

" Haha. Mian. " He apologized and hug his arm over her shoulder. She let out a loud sigh,

" I wish it was fall already. " She said and looked up at the sky.

" Wae? " Seungho asked in confusion.

" Molla. I just wish it was fall. Then it'd be winter. That'd be nice. " She told him and gave him a small smile and walked off.

He loved her smiles. Especially when he was the one who made her. He ran to catch up with her.

" Me too. You know our birthdays are 5 days apart? Yours on the fifth and mine on the tenth? " He reminded her.

" Of course I know. You think I'd forget? " She questioned him.

"  Ani. Just reminding. " He replied and smiled.

" Tsk. Whatever, let's go. " She hurried him into the school.

 

" Ugh. Let's go, she's here. " One of the girls whispered and they left the hallway.

 

Seungho POV:

Why does everybody treat her like that? She's just like everybody else. It's just that unfortunate things keep on happening to her. I feel so bad for her, but she's still strong even if they say stuff like that to her. That's what I love about her. 

 

" Err...let's go. We'll be late to class. " I said, trying to distracter. 

" Eo...let's go. " She replied and walked before me, lowering her head.

 

Soyeon POV:

BRRRRINNNNNNNGGG!!!!! '

Ugh! I hate that bell. It's going to make me death. 

I walked to my next class and noticed Seungho wasn't in class.

 

' Where's Seungho? He's always late. ' 

 

" Mian. I forgot something. " He apologized, and sat next to me.

" Ne? You forgot something? What? You're always coming late to class nowadays. " I questioned.

"  Aniya. It's nothing, I don't want you to worry. " He told me and then class started.

 

Author POV:

Seungho lied, hoping she wouldn't bring this up again.

The truth of Seungho coming late to class everyday was because he was in guidence counseling. He went to the guridence counseler because he was worried about Soyeon, and he wanted to know what words would hurt her or make her happy. He didn't want to hurt her. Seungho also tried telling people what Soyeon was really like. But they ddin't believe him, and they didn't care.

 

" I don't want to eat. " Soyeon told Seungho, throwing herself down on the grass, lying down and letting out a loud sigh.

" Wae? You haven't been eating for the past 3 days. That's not right. Eat something. Ne? " He pleaded, sitting down next to her.

" Huu~ Fine. " She complained and got up. 

" Assa!~ Let's go. " He smiled brightly and grabbed her arm, running towards the lunchroom.

" Why are you so happy? Hehe, cute. " She said, showing her smile to him.

'' Because I made you smile. " He told her, smiling back.

" Tsk. How weird. Whatever, let's go. I am hungry. " She said and grabbed her food.

 

Seungho POV:

I wish everyone knew who she really was. She's just like everyone else, why can't they see that? I hated seeing and hearing her be mistreated, it makes me mad. But for some reason I feel very protective of her. Like the first time we met in kindergarden, I always felt like I was meant to be her friend. I never forgot one momment that happend when we were together. Did I probably...like her? Ai~~ That wouldn't be right. I just hope that one day, she isn't known as this person right now. I want her to be happy. Always. 

Soyeon isn't the girl that everyone thinks. She's not rude, she's not conceited, she's never pissed off. And she's not mean. She is lazy and sometimes crabby once in awhile, but not for long. She always smiles and she's really shy actually. This was the Soyeon I knew.