Chapter 16: Han River

Sent For You

 

Luhan was sitting down while blankly staring the window. 


"Hyung, Gwenchana?"

Luhan shook his head then suddenly the three boys gathered in front of him, asking him a lot of questions worriedly.

"Did someone hurt you hyung?"

"Are you hurt?!" 

Luhan sighed. "I don't know what to do!!!"

Jino, Cai and Joon looked at him curiously.

"Is something going to happen?" Cai asked. 

"I asked Haewon out and I just don't know what to do."

Joon chuckled. "Hyung don't tell me this is your first date!"

"Aniya! I have dated a lot before!" he defended himself.

"I don't see any reason for you to worry then." Cai blurted.

"But she's different!"

The three boys widened their eyes with a mischievous smile plastered in their faces. 

Luhan realizes it and he immediately denies.

"It's not like that! It's just it’s her birthday tomorrow and I owe her a lot. And... And I want to give back to her!"

"Alright, alright hyung calm down!"

"Where are you taking her anyway???" Jino asked.

"The Han River, she told me that she always wanted to go there and we agreed to meet each other there tonight."

Suddenly an idea popped in Cai’s mind.

"Hyung! I saw something yesterday! Come here look at it." Cai said while showing Luhan his laptop.

•••

It was quarter to 10 and Luhan was standing at the railings. He can't keep still. He was too conscious on what was about to happen.

Thoughts of her not coming suddenly occupied his mind. But he shook them all off.

After a few minutes a taxi stopped by in front of him. He knew it was Haewon. He got rid of all the nervousness. He leaned at the railings with his hands on his pocket, acting cool.

But the moment she stepped out of the car he was just simply mesmerized. It's like he hasn't seen her before. Her long hair was down and was curled. She was in a light make up and the dress fitted on the curves of her body well. She's simply so beautiful. 

Haewon was nervous. She never dressed up like a real woman before. Her regular attire was plainly jeans and t-shirts. Now being dressed up in the most gorgeous clothes she has ever been in, she got so conscious on how she looked. 

As the taxi was nearing the place she saw Luhan's figure. He was leaning by the railings. He looked so good in a white rolled up polo tucked in his jeans.

She gets off the taxi and Luhan just stares at her. He didn't even say a word. 

"H-hi" she greeted him but he didn't answer.

"Is there anything wrong? I don't look good don't I?"

"What? no! You look beautiful!" she widened her eyes when she heard Luhan's words.

What did I just say? Luhan thought.

Before the atmosphere could get awkward Luhan broke the silence. 

"Why don't we go inside? I think the cruise would be starting." 

"Cruise? I thought we would just--"

"Stare at the Han River?" Luhan chuckled. "Just be thankful ok?"

Haewon just complied.

As they entered there was quite a lot of people.  Haewon wondered.

"Sir, tickets please?"

Luhan gladly gave the tickets leaving Haewon stare in confusion.

"Where did you get those?"

"You really won’t stop asking?" he smiled.

Haewon did stopped asking.

They had a buffet dinner while the cruise went on.

There were no awkward feelings at all. They ate casually and chatted for awhile. 

From a far all the people that saw them thought they were a couple. 

Time passed smoothly and before they knew it, it was almost midnight. 

Luhan stood up asking Haewon to stand as well. 

Haewon didn't have any idea what was happening.

"Why did we go here?"Haewon asked.

They both were looking out the river, watching the beautiful lights around. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Luhan blurted out.

"Didn't tell you what?" 

"Don't pretend that you don't know."

Haewon was still wondering on what Luhan was talking about. 

After awhile she jumped when she heard a loud sound.

She looked up then she saw fireworks in the sky. It was colorful and beautiful. All the people stared in awe. 

Her eyes brightened and a smile slowly formed.

Suddenly Luhan whispered in her ear. 

"Happy birthday..."

She shivered through her spine and looks at him.

“How did you…” 

Unexpectedly Haewon hugged Luhan leaving him shocked.

"Gumawo! Jungmal Gumawo!" 

Luhan secretly smiled as he placed his hands on her back.

"Aigoo! Young couples!" "He must have purposes!" "They're so cute!"

Haewon immediately broke away from Luhan upon hearing those words and looked down awkwardly.

"You must really like me!" Luhan teased.

"M-mwo?! W-what are y-you even saying?!" she stuttered.

"You do don't you?!" 

"Yah!!!" she shouted ready to attack.

"Hey! Hey! Wait I was just joking!" Luhan covered himself from Haewon's hitting.

"Aish! You take everything seriously!"

Haewon pouted and crossed her arms in her chess. She then ignored him.

"Yah, are you mad?" 

She turned around and started walking away. 

"Yah Haewon-ah! Wait up!" he went after her and started poking her.

"Mianhe... Don't be angry anymore." he said in a soothing voice.

He poked her until he founded her ticklish spot. 

"Yah stop! People are watching!" Haewon tried to sound angry but her laugh overcame it. 

"Forgive me then!"

"Arasso! Arasso!"

Luhan finally stopped and looked at her.

"Happy Birthday... and thank you for everything…”

•••
"I hope hyung is having fun!" Joon said as he leans on the steel bars.

"We did a good job!" Cai added.

"It must be made for them. The Han River's cruise 15th anniversary! Look the fireworks are perfect too!" Jino looked at the sky and smiled as the fireworks suddenly appeared. 

"Wait a minute, Minji I don't know you like Jino!" Joon nudged her.

"Mwoh?!"

"Come on! We heard it! The three of us heard it!" Cai was in the middle of Minji and Jino so he was poking both of them.

"Yah! You misunderstood! I was just convincing Haewon that she has feeling for Luhan that's why I said that!" 

Suddenly Jino frowned and tried to divert his attention.

"Don't say that! Jino would be hurt!"

"Cai hyung!" Jino glared at him.

"Yah am I smelling a soon to be love birds here?!"

"You! Jinja! Both of you! You're so mean! I can't believe you're one of my kind! Stop teasing!"

Suddenly they all stopped talking when they saw a very beautiful scene below them.

Haewon hugging Luhan.

The four of them grinned. They sat comfortably at the top of the bridge by the Han River overlooking the beautiful city of Seoul. But nothing compared to the two people who was slowly falling in love with each other.

 

 

***

 

Long chappie :D

@LeeRose & @hannahtranbui gumawo for leaving cooments :D really appreciate it XD

80 subscribers! thank you <3

for those who didn't understand on how Luhan got the tickets for Han River cruise... Cai actually showed him (in the laptop scene) an advertisment that it was the 15th aniversary of the HanRiver cruise... so that explains the buffet and fireworks... kekeke i hope you understand now :D

and do you know who are Cai, Minji, Jino and Joon now? DO you know what they are already????

hehehe you'll find out soon XD

after the next chapter after this... prepare for a love triangle XD who might be the 3rd party in the Luhan Haewon couple??? any guess ???

 

keke hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!

 

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE <3