Man Men and the Wall

Man Men and the Wall

He pulled at the tape that held the box tightly shut, the sound echoing out through his small apartment as the tape finally reached the end and came off. He threw the unwanted sticky object aside, the box flaps opening instantly, his hands being shoved into the box, pulling out the many different objects that he placed on a shelf that sat directly beside him. A large sigh escaped his lips, another box being pulled to him. He tilted his head slightly, tearing open this box too, taking out all of it's contents and placing them were they needed to go. Maybe had to much stuff for someone of his status? Chansung kicked the now empty box aside, reaching down at his side, picking up a half empty bottle of water off the ground, taking the cap off and taking a quick sip, his eyes searching around the stuff that had yet to be unpacked. He frowned deeply, placing the bottle down again, he was quick to get up and move swiftly across his apartment. His shoulder hitting the door as he pushed himself into the cramped, yet cozy bathroom where only a toilet and a person sized tub sat. Chansung couldn't help the smile that spread across his face as he stepped into the bathroom completely, the door shutting behind him, Chansung flopped down on his toilet, reaching out to turn on the knob above the bath tub. Hot water came rushing out of the faucet beneath the knobs and directly into the tub, Chansung's fingers trailing down to the water, the hot water felt nice against his skin, he wiggled his fingers as the water continued to rush out and a wild grin spread across his face.

'It's my bathtub!'

He stated excitedly, his shoulders shrugging up and down, his body leaning forward, eyes trained on the water rushing out of the faucet. He'd never had a bathtub to call his own in his old apartments, only community showers. And he didn't need to even begin an explanation on why he never liked those. A shiver running up his spine as he thought about the last huge burly, chubby man that walked into the community showers, hair every where. Chansung shook his head and let the thought quickly leave his mind, finally turning off the water that had been running for a good 5 minutes already. He didn't want the hot water running out, even though he wasn't completely sure whether that was possible in his place, but he wanted to be carefully.

Chansung pushed open the door again, stepping out his bathroom and back into the living space of his apartment. There wasn't much to look at since boxes crowded the floor, and some even covering the door that lead to the balcony outside. Chansung whipped himself around, the lack of interest hitting him hard, and he entered the kitchen. It was like a hallway kitchen, thin and straight, it lead straight to the door out, so when you walked in, the kitchen was the first thing you came too. Chansung picked up another bottle of water, this time it being full as he twisted off the cap, tilted his head back and took a nice long drink while heading back to the living room.

'You're kidding right? That's sick yo!'

It was a muffled sounding voice that had caught him off guard, his body jumping, eyes turning instantly, attention all on the right wall of his room. The voice spoke again,

'Good, good~ I know right?'

This time it was much clearer, something Chansung could hear properly, his face fell, a bit of surprise and shock running through him. These walls were so thin! That wasn't necessarily a good thing. Chansung kind of liked his privacy and he was sure his neighbor did too, but I guess who ever had built this place hadn't thought so. He shook his head back and forth before he proceeded to move back to his spot, the one he had been sitting at when he was unpacking. He needed to do more of that, his head tilting back as he took down more of the water before tossing the bottle aside and pulling up another box. The voice from the other side of the wall, his neighbor, still going, talking on the phone. Chansung didn't want to listen, but he seemed to be doing so anyways.



'So how do you like the new apartment?'

Junho asked, his co worker, an eye smile plastered across his face as he patted Chansung hard on the back. Chansung quickly turned around, away from his lap top, a simple smile forming on his lips as he looked up at the older man.

'I like it alot~'

He explained, his hands resting in his lap as Junho nodded.

'Though the walls are really thin, I can hear everything from next door, but none the less, I finally have my own bathtub and shower!'

Chansung stated, the last part maybe a little bit too much excitement emphasized, Junho's eye smile becoming amused as he punched Chansung on the shoulder, his free hand pulling out a chair so that he could sit next to Chansung.

'Only you man would get excited over a bathtub~'

Junho replied back, watching as Chansung puckered his lips and stuck his tongue out childishly, turning back to his computer, Junho moving closer.

'I haven't become that low!'

Chansung announced, fingers now typing away at the keyboard, Junho shrugging his shoulders.

'Oh, but you have.'

He stated, Chansung's body movements stopping, his eyes turning to glare at Junho who only smiled wider, hunched his shoulders up and sat up straight. He was prepared for a blow, his chest buffing out stupidly. Chansung hung his head, Junho had to relax his body, Chansung's sulking eyes looking up.

'Have I really become that low?'

He asked, his voice deep and sad, amusing if you were looking at it through Junho's point of view because he started laughing, laughing very loudly. Other workers had turned their gaze to them, eye brows raising. Chansung bit his bottom lip, sheepishly smiling towards them before lifting a hand and smacking the other man on the back of the head.

'Yah, shut up. I don't need to whole media to know about my stupid life!'

Chansung hissed, Junho covering his mouth instantly, you could still hear the soft chuckles past his fingers. Chansung's eyes narrowed.

'Let's go out for coffee. You have some things to tell me any ways.'

Chansung spoke, turning back to his lap top, closing the top down before he pushed himself away from the desk. He stood instantly, didn't wait for a reply and simply just pulled Junho out of his seat and dragged his laughing all the way out of the building.



'Stories are hard to get now adays.'

Junho spoke, his coffee cup reaching his lips as he took a long sip before placing it on the table in front of him. He leaned forward as Chansung pulled the fork out of his mouth.

'I know it's hard, but you have to have something I can write about!'

He spoke, eyes pleading, Junho rolled his eyes, leaning back into his chair as Chansung leaned forward. Junho picked up his cup again.

'Well, I did hear about some company being sued for underpaid workers.'

Junho spoke, Chansung's face lighting up as he picked up his fork and placed it in his mouth. His smile was wide as he nodded his head.

'So you do have something!'

Chansung spoke loudly, taking the fork out of his mouth and spearing the food that was on his plate. He held the fork tightly. Junho, hollowed his cheek, puckering his lips, eyes squinting.

'I don't know much about it, but the companies defiantly pleading not guilty because they say they pay the works as equally as they can..'

Junho said, swishing the coffee in his cup around before taking another drink, he looked at Chansung who had already pulled out a pen and paper, frantically writing down things, Junho chuckled.

'You are too into your job.'

He stated, Chansung only glancing up from his writing, nodding his head, his pen working fast, he only tilted his head slightly.

'It gives me money. It's hard to find jobs you want to do now adays.'

Chansung spoke, his mind racing with new thoughts on the story he was just given. Junho only smiled again as he finished off his coffee, shook his head and placed the coffee cup back down on the table.



Chansung pulled open his drawer, a towel being pulled out and thrown over his shoulder. His neighbor was talking on the phone again, he could hear it. He really did try to ignore the words he was speaking, his deep voice not helping at all, Chansung sighed loudly about to walk to his bathroom.

'I know, just hang in there. It's hard over here to ya know umma.'

Chansung furrowed his eyebrows as he paused for a moment, the voice on the other side doing the same before speaking up again.

'I know. Just- Umma listen -No Umma.. Never mind this is a meaning less fight. I'm hanging up.'

Chansung heard the phone being placed on the receiver. Chansung shrugged his own shoulders as he proceeded to continue his path too his bathroom. He was excited to take a bath tonight. His door closing softly when he had entered the bathroom.



Chansung puffed his cheeks up, his laptop booting itself up, his head rolling back as it made funny noises before finally coming to the main screen. Chansung reached forward grabbing the mouse he had hooked to the side and began clicking away. He was concentrating, trying to anyways, his eyes glued to the screen as he looked at the things up and down. He bit his bottom lip. His neighbors phone had began ringing again. Hell this guy must have been popular, seems as though every hour his ing phone was ringing. Chansung, rolled his eyes as the phone continued to ring. It wasn't until the fifth ring did his eyes turn back to the wall, the phones constant ringing going off. Chansung at his bottom lip before he pushed himself away from his desk, standing and head directly over too the wall. He was hesitant about this, his hands pressing against the wall and his body leaning forward, ear coming rather close to the wall.

'Cut it out!!'

Chansung was quick to back away from the wall, his eyes wide, and he almost though that the man on the other side was talking to him! His heart was pounding now, but the man on the other side had continued to talk, he had picked up the phone. Chansung repressed his ear to the wall.

'I don't see what the you are getting out of this cause it's not funny at all.'
The man announced loudly, he was pissed, Chansung could hear it in his tone of voice. He pressed his ear harder to the wall. This was kind of interesting.

' you. Get a life damn!'

The phone had been slammed onto the receiver, Chansung's ear hovering over the wall again. His neighbor was moving. Chansung's eyes remained wide as he backed away from the wall and looked at it carefully. His body unconsciously following the foot steps on the other side, his feet taking him into the kitchen before the door slammed, a shower being . Chansung opened his mouth, forming an 'o' before he turned his body back and forth looking for something. He eventually pulled up an unopened box, set it right next to his counter and climbed on top of it.

He felt so weird standing in this position, his leg resting against the shelf, the other keeping him balanced on the box that he stood on. All so he could press his ear closer to the wall, listening to the shower run in his neighbors apartment.

He doesn't know why he started imagining this guy. Water running over tanned muscular skin. Short cropped, brown hair, a chiseled chin. A hand running over his own skin, soap lathering his body well, all of it running down his body, sliding over his well sized . Chansung blinked his eyes. Oh god, was he really thinking these thoughts right now?! He could of sworn he was straight. Chansung pushed himself away from the wall now, a shudder running through his body as he tried to get the thought of his neighbor out of his mind. His head hung, and eyes closed, his bottom lip sticking out in a pout. He forced his eyes open when he was becoming very uncomfortable down there.

'You have to be ing kidding me!!'

He shouted, his hand reaching down to squeeze his hardening . Things just weren't running smoothly at the moment.



He couldn't help but listen through the walls now, his body sitting right next to the wall as his neighbors bathroom door opened and shut behind him, Chansung wasn't sure if he was wearing cloths or not, but he pressed his ear closer to the wall and thought about it for a while. That same man's image stuck in his head, water dripping down his body that was only covered by a towel. He heard a fridge door open.

'.'

The man cursed, Chansung biting his lower lip, and the fridge was closed, his foot steps heavy on the floor as he walked across the apartment.

'Guess I'll go get dressed and buy some more.'

The man mumbled to him self, the sound of a towel hitting the floor catching Chansung's attention, draws being opened then closed. Then the man pulling on his clothes. Chansung was more than interested now, his body getting up immediately when he heard those foot steps heading towards the door out.

Chansung pressed his eyes to the peep hole on his door, a man wearing a rather stylish jacket strolling by. He had caught a good glimpse of his hair, the brown color was the kind he thought of, but it was a little bit longer than the length he had guessed. He had walked by way to fast for Chansung to even notice any other feature. Chansung pushed himself away from the door, his eyes finding the floor as he turned around to move back into his living space.

'You have become a stalker Chansung..'

He sighed to himself, flopping back down in his chair that he had placed beside the wall.

'A stalker!!'



It was that morning, when Chansung opened his eyes that he realized that he really didn't want to get up, his eyes screaming at him to shut again, but he had kept them opened, his body instantly sitting up when the sound of ruffling came from the other side of the wall. That damn man had kept him up all night. Kept him up to the point where he was sure he could imagine every part of his room down to the part of where his bed was, even his phone. Chansung was quick to get up and get dressed, not just for the fact that he needed to go to work, but it also sounded as though that's what his neighbor was going aswell, cloths russeling, bags zipping and ping. Chansung tried to get ready at his quickest pace, throwing on random clothing that suited him today before head towards the door the same time his neighbor did. Of course he waited for him to pass before he even opened his door, his head poking back as he caught a glimpse of the stylish neighbor walking away. He stepped out of his apartment, eyes watching until his neighbor had completely gone out of sight before moving over to the door beside his. Chansung raised an eye brow as he eyed the name tag hanging next to the door, the korean letter printing nice and neat as he read it over to make sure he read it right.

So his neighbors name was “Kim Junsu?”