Introductions, introductions...

University Troubles

Seoul University, one of the most popular universities in Korea. All the student are in exams weeks. The libraries throughout the campus are packed with panicking students, cramming hard to get the facts and knowledge in their heads for their upcoming finals. Even the cafeteria and the coffee shops are being filled with students. Due to this, the courtyard in the middle of the university was awfully quiet and dead-empty. It was a beautiful sunny day. Not that hot to be burnt and not that cold that it's freezing. Although it was quiet and lifeless, one girl was sitting on one of the brown benches around the courtyard. The girl sat down peacefully with a book opened to her notes looking down at it, possibly studying for any exams she has too. Her smooth side-swept fringe covers her left eye a bit which resorts her to tucking her hair behind her ear every now and then. She did not mind the silent atmosphere, she loved it. It makes her become relaxed and think deeply with what she has to do for the day. The fact that she can forget her problems from the fresh air, makes her happy and content with her university life. She was not a social butterfly. This girl was very shy but would really open up if you let her. Only her eight close girl friends could get her to be really confident and prevent her from being too serious all of the time. She really is thankful and lucky to have them in her life, if not she would probably be missing out on what she really wanted to do. The girl the closed her eyes, wished that her revision would be enough to pass. However, that was quickly cut short, someone tapped her shoulder. She was a bit irritated with the disturbance but she just gave the person a small smile before slowly opening her eyes.

"Sica, wanna join the other girls in the coffee shop? I just finished my study class and they said they got a table for all of us" It was Yuri, one of the most bubbliest of the group with her silly and humourous personality. She is one of Jessica's bestest friends. One of the eight girls. Jessica gave thought for a while before coming up with an answer.

"You go there first, I still need to study one more photography piece for the exam. I'll follow you there later" Yuri gave her a confused look. Jessica quickly recognized her weird actions.

"What's wrong with you?" Jessica gave a slight giggle and opened her notebook again, scanning through the right pages so she could get started. Yuri looked closely at Jessica, like an inspector waiting for her to confess something.

"You have a boyfriend. I knew it" Jessica felt like she choked on her own saliva from hearing such absurd words from her bestfriend. Yuri chuckled loudly and crossed her arms with authority.

"What?! Yuri, what have got you to this conclusion? I'm just studying here." she gave up with arguing and continued analysing the pictures pasted in her book. Yuri stood there, overpowering the poor girl but just left the conversation of her having a boyfriend. She was quite surprised with her reaction. Maybe it was time to give this girl a boyfriend. Yuri stopped her trail of thought and gave her goodbyes to her friend.

"You better follow up to the coffee shop. Don't go back to the dorm and sleep again." Yuri glared playfully then she turned around on her heels and walked away. Jessica just nodded away. Not really keeping up with the promise. Here, she was again. Studying even though she can't handle it anymore. However, she was back to the silent feeling that she have wanted. No disruptions and no problems. She closed her eyes again, this time she hope she can successfully do so without anyone ruining her moment.

 

"Where is hyung?" The youngest guy out of the 5 people met up with his hyungs outside their classroom. He was excited to get to hang out with them again because they were so busy preparing for exams. He wished he was in the same class and year as them.

"He got called behind, the fool was not listening in the study class so he has to speak to the prof." The guy called Key answered back in a piercing way. There were 4 people present in the group at first out of 5. Key, Taemin, Minho and Onew are present. Key and Taemin still bickered around teasing their hyung from the window of the classroom. Jonghyun, just gave them a cold stare which cause the two tricksters to laugh among themselves. Minho and Onew on the other hand, were talking about more serious matters.

"Hyung, what's wrong with Jonghyun hyung?" Minho was curious on why he was not in his zone lately. Onew agreed with a shrug that Jonghyun was a bit off. He was not the playful person that he used to be. He was more of the serious type nowadays. He zones out and he would get caught staring at empty space. For no apparent reason.

"Hmm, oh!" Onew got an idea. He gathered the others with a hand and formed a small circle around the hallway. They were still waiting for Jonghyun to come out. So, they talked about the guy for a bit.

"You know when Jonghyun starts taking interest in.. you know? Wasn't he like this?" Onew's theory started getting some praise from the other guys. Making him smile and laugh out loud in the process. "You agree right?" Key went closer to the group as if he would contribute to the conversation.

"Onew hyung, you are getting some brains today! Are you sure you're not sick?" The younger joked. Onew gave Key a little smack in the head which made Key regret saying his statement. However, when they were about to continue on the gossip about Jonghyun, the small dino head peeked out of the doorway. 

"Yah, I'm nearly out. Sorry for keeping you waiting guys. Teacher is really on me this time" The remainder of the group just smiled and nodded. Not really paying that much attention to him but they just want to keep their juicy conversation going.

"Yeah , yeah go ahead hyung" Taemin just saved everyone on having to put up with an awkward silence if no one answered back. After that small encounter, they went back to what they started talking about. Key placed his hoodie up, for no reason. It was not like he would be disguised from anything.

"You guys really think that? It is true that Jonghyun hasn't been having girls over his place. I guess he found the 'one' right?" Taemin started to get shy as he probably said the most awkward thing about his hyung. The reaction of the other guys weren't really pleasing.

"Yeah right, we all know Jonghyun. He is awkward as hell. When was the last time he had a girl over?" No one answered Key's question. He looked into his small mirror to check his hair then continued "See, no one could answer my question" While he was saying this, he was admiring his looks on his pocket mirror like the true Key diva he is. The straighforward and blunt Key that they got to know better and one of their bestfriends. The talking stopped for now as the door opened again and Jonghyun hurriedly went out of the room. He really wanted to get out as soon as possible. He can't really take being held back by the teacher for so long. Its not like he did anything wrong. Jonghyun finally got to join the group and he led the group outside to the courtyard.

"Hey guys, lets go to the coffee shop. We'll go through the courtyard." The other 4 just followed on as they really wanted to have coffee as well. To take off the stress being put upon them as the exam dates are creeping up on them. They reached the outside of their block and out to the courtyard. The courtyard was really big. The group went into their formation and they walked slowly on middle of the path because there was no one outside and it seemed that they were the only ones. Key spoke up.

"Wow, where are the people? They must be really panicking on the exams. Look theres no-one he-" As he was about to finish, Key pointed to a girl sitting on her own on the bench. The boys were still far from the girl, so they did not notice who she was. They were getting closer. Jonghyun was the closest to her. His eyes were getting more and more clear he was passing her. It was Jessica. Jessica looked up to the 5 boys going past. Her eyes locked up with Jonghyun. It was a good 3 seconds before they pulled away. Jonghyun looked ahead. While Jessica carried on with her studies. It was weird. They didn't know what it was but there was something interesting. That kept them wanting more from eachother.

"Yah Jonghyun! What was the deal with staring? Approach her" Onew noticed the stare off that Jonghyun started. Jonghyun just laughed it off and carried on walking. However, he was really confused on what he did. He doesn't know who she is. But he wants to get to know her. Jonghyun shrugged the idea off for a while and they finally arrived in the coffee shop. Jonghyun excused himself first and went to the restroom to clear his head. He looked at himself in the mirror, dumbfounded.

Who are you?

 

 

 

 

FIRST CHAP YO!

Enjoy reading hehe. :]

I don't know what I wrote hope it make sense hihi! ^^