Five

No Need for Words

 

Sehun

                “Would you mind telling me what this is about you being,” my mother searches for a polite word, “homoual?”

                “What?” I choke out, and I’m sure my mouth is wide open.  How is one supposed to react when one’s mother knocks on one’s door after not having bothered to visit one for over a year and asks one such a blunt question?

                “Your cousin came by to visit the other day and he said he saw you… smooching… with some boy.”

                “Smooch—what… Baekhyun.”

                My mother hums quietly to confirm my statement and says in a well-rehearsed manner, “Well, I don’t care what you do, honey, but keep in mind that people will talk.”  Yeah, you don’t care, my .

                “But I’m not—”  Yes you are.

                “Oh, Sehun, it’s all right.  You were always a little strange.”  Okay, I’m sure I just heard my jaw crack from the way it’s hanging open.

                “Mother, what are you saying?”

                “Donghun had a hunch a few years back.  It’s really not a surprise, dear.  Anyway, I have to get back to the office, but be good, hmm?  Don’t shove your tongue down too many boys’ throats.  I know you’ve always been quite a player with that pretty face I blessed you with, but please keep a low profile.”

                I sputter uncontrollably, but she gives a tight smile, waving her dainty fingers, and saunters off.  ing Baekhyun.

 

                “,” he spits in Luhan’s face.  He doesn’t have his gang with him this time, and there’s nobody around, which is even better because I need to rip his head off.  Luhan rolls over slowly, coughing into the grass.

                “Baekhyun,” I growl, and I’m almost surprised at the rage in my voice.  Almost.  “Get the hell off him.”

                “Oh look, Luhan, it’s your boyf—” but my knuckles cut him off.  “, Sehunnie, why do you always do that?”  I don’t know what takes a hold of me, but I want to kill him.  I want to kill him like he killed Donghun.  Before I can reconsider, I’m throwing punches left and right, blood splattering on the ground.  “Se—”  My fist slams into his cheek.

                “Shut the up.”

                Something grips around my elbows, a soft tug that I try to shake off.  “What?” I snarl, whipping my head around when it won’t let up.  Luhan’s eyes stare at me, wide, scared.

                “Stop,” he mouths, and I turn to look at Baekhyun, who I’m straddling on the grass.  Baekhyun, my cousin.  Baekhyun, who harasses Luhan.  Baekhyun, who didn’t tell anyone about Donghun.  Baekhyun, whose nose is covered in his own blood, his eye starting to swell.

                I get off him slowly, quivering with anger.  “Don’t ever touch him again.”  I grab Luhan’s hand and leave Baekhyun like he abandoned my brother.

 

                He sits on my mattress, his eyes not meeting mine.

                “Are you okay?” I ask, and he nods robotically.  “You sure?”  He pulls his lower lip in with his teeth, and my heart lurches even when he nods again.

                “Are you okay?” he scribbles on his worn notepad.

                “Yeah, why?”

                “Are you okay with,” and his thoughts seem to interrupt him, his scrawl wobbly.

                “What is it?”

                “Being with another man?”  He still won’t make eye contact.

                I open my mouth, but no words come out.  I think back to the conversation with my mother, the hinted way she said she didn’t mind.  I think back to Baekhyun taunting Luhan, the way his voice dripped with venom as he called him a .  In the midst of my thoughts, Luhan gets up and walks to the door, slipping his sneakers on.

                “Luhan, I didn’t say no,” but my voice is weak, and I know he can hear it falter.

                He shakes his head as if to tell me I should think it over, and he walks out of my apartment.

                .

 

 

--

For those of you wondering, I probably will have a rated chapter, but I don't know if there will be any... penetration LOL.  And thank you guys for all the sweet comments!  <3