The Kiss

It's All for the Best

Hyuna glanced at him. What was his name again? G something? She had never really talked to him before, and just knew him as Hyunseung's group member.

"I really think you could help him," G continued. "It's not like he's a robot, but... he isn't good at using his face or body or just... expressing emotion."
 
Hyuna raised an eyebrow. And making out with you would help him how? Cause purposely causing jealousy has always worked out sooo well.
 
G stared at the ceiling, then continued. "Look, Hyunseung has always worked the hardest for our debut, and he has talent, really. But he's always so calm and almost apathetic, even though we know he cares. They're thinking of cutting him from our group because of this emotion probl--"

"They're what." Hyuna was startled, the perfect opportunity for the final emotional blow.
 
"It's a chance to do something for him. We can't be selfish."
 
---
 
So this idiot thinks that if he gets angry enough and feels betrayed he'll be able to sing with more emotion? What an idiot.
 
Hah a chance. Oh of course. How do I compete with that? Girlfriends come and go don't they, can't let that interfere with something that could help his life and career and my my, aren't I being bitter. I can't let myself wish that when he finds out I did it to draw out his emotions, he'll forgive me and we'll live happily ever after can I? Hope is stupid.
 
Hyuna really didn't want to see his dreams crash and burn. And with all the great teachers at YG teaching him about emotions and all, maybe it was time for an unconventional approach.
 
She picked up her phone.
 
"Hey kid."
 
Damn everything.
 
"Same place tomorrow? You make sure Hyunseung's there."
 
---
 
Hyuna picked out the most comfortable clothes she had. If Hyunseung wanted to break up with her, she would at least have her crying-and-eating-while-watching-dramas sweater with her.
 
Basically what was going to end up happening tonight anyways.
 
She got on the bus to the club and started blasting music in her ears. Music usually managed to make the rest of the world fade into nonexistence, but her ears just wouldn't listen this time.
 
"He's going to think I'm a , just like everybody else," she muttered to herself as she picked her way over to where she and G had met the day before.
 
"Hey," G smiled confidently, while still sounding nervous. "He's going to walk in any moment now so um. But it might take a while."
 
Hyuna just raised her eyebrows. "Putting on a show already," she sighed inwardly.
 
"So I'll get on with it." G drew her closer, with his hand on the small of her back and the other in her hair.
 
"Don't enjoy it too much," Hyuna said emotionlessly.
 
"I'll feel as bad as you do," he replied, each word getting louder and louder as he came closer. "One of my best friends is going to hate me."
 
The closeness was irritating, but Hyuna tilted her head and moved closer. Her lips were on his cheeks now.
 
"Eh. This is like kissing a pillow. Or the wall." she thought to herself. "Damnit I haven't even kissed Hyunseung yet."
 
As she thought that, her eyes flicked up and met another pair. Dark and round and perfect - and dull and unnatural in a face that usually lifted into a smile when they saw her.
 
"Ugh and I never will."