Code for Trouble

It's All for the Best

A few years later, when Beast has successfully debuted and Trouble Maker has been a hit duet. 4minute on a variety show.

"I will be calling JS, who I worked together with on Trouble Maker." Hyuna smiled, but her eyes remained apprehensive. Those had been a few torturous and chaotic and completely confusing couple of weeks. She had always been good at keeping her work and personality separate; she'd had lots of fun with her y concepts and Bubble Pop, since she could show anyone who cared to find out who she really was on variety shows.

But, of course, Trouble Maker was a completely dreadful, unlucky piece of fate. Somewhere along the way, their pretending to be on friendly terms had blended back into something else - at least, from her point of view. Still. She didn't even want to think about that kiss at the Mama's.

Her superiors had hinted to her, subtly of course, that calling someone who was both in the same company and part of her duo would be appropriate. This was the perfect cover. She could tell him later that it was all part of the job and fanservice, if necessary.

"It'll be better if you act like you used to like him!" The MC told her. Her fellow group members gave her nervous smiles. She could tell they were torn between joyful fangirl plotting and worry for their maknae.

"Ah, he's not picking up!" Hyuna laughed. Probably better this way. Okay, don't pick up, don't pick up.

But he did.

"Ah, hello, JS!" She said in her carefree way. She'd realized too late that it would if they picked this moment to stop feigning amnesia. Maybe he could get her hint, her using a stage name and sounding so cheerful. "What are you doing?"

"Practicing for the musical right now." Ah, that's right. That talented, talented boy was going to be in Mozart.

"Are you busy then?"

"Nope, I'm fine right now... what's up?" Hyunseung was being suspiciously polite.

"You can't come right now, right?" Hyuna couldn't even tell what part she was playing now. What if he says he'll come? He could actually agree, it's a possibility, it could happen...

"Where? What are you doing..?" Hyunseung sounded interested. She almost let herself believe he was worried she was up at that ungodly hour. On an unrelated note, she had never noticed how great his voice sounded over the phone.
"Is there something wrong?" He continued.

Hyuna could not stop smiling. So maybe he doesn't hate me anymore? Well yeah, he's not the petty type. Of course he isn't.
"Uhh," she mumbled incoherently, beaming. Oh get a hold of yourself you're being filmed right now, she scolded herself. But he just asked if something was wrong, again!

"Ahh, I really can't do this!" Hyuna burst out laughing, accompanied by the rest of the studio.

Her variety show senses were on high alert as Hyunseung and the hosts exchanged pleasantries. She just really wanted the phone back.

"Hello?"
"He just hung up without even saying bye!" She feigned being playfully offended, then shrugged and got ready to shut off the phone.

"I didn't hang up." Hyunseung startled everyone. "Yah, what was that?" He protested. Everyone laughed at the evident playfulness in his voice. "Alright, finish recording well."

"Okay, bye." Hyuna kept her head down, using turning off the phone as an excuse, but her cheeks lifted and her eyes sparkled without her permission.

So that you can’t forget me, I’m again in front of you.

 

A/N: A take on what happenned at Beatle's Code, makes more sense if you've watched it XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dL95KO_ktA

I'm sorry, I really had no idea how to end this so. Yeah sort of out-of-nowhere last chapter. I need to work on plot skills this summer. Ending with a quote from Trouble Maker lyrics because I have yet to discover how to end fics too.