Chapter 2: WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

Welcome To EXO High

 

“You better back off, Xiumin. My group is taking her in.” Suho snarled.
“Let’s fight for her then.” Xiumin smirked, “You and me.” 
Yumi stared at both boys who glowered at each other, a half smirk on both their thin lips. She knew that this wasn’t going to end well and she didn’t want to see what will happen next.
“I will bet you 50 that Suho will beat Xiumin.” Myungsoo made a bet with Sungjong who just scoffed to himself.
“Xiumin is frost and Suho is water. Xiumin can freeze every single liquid around this place to stop Suho.” Sungjong said in a matter of fact tone, a little too loud that Xiumin heard this and his smirk deepened but Suho didn’t notice this. Yumi however doesn’t have a clue what they were talking about.
“CL, may I have your bottle of water?” Suho turned to the blonde girl who obediently held up her full bottle of water. Suho slowly unscrewed the cap before holding the bottle with one hand. 
“I- I don’t know what this situation is about but-” Yumi started to speak but gasped when Suho suddenly threw the water at Xiumin. But instead of a splash she expected to come after, nothing. Just silence as the water amazingly froze in midair, the sun outside making the ice glint and sparkle. After half a second, the frozen water fell to the floor with a loud crash like a huge vase falling from a shelf. Yumi had bitten her tongue and had stopped breathing for a moment. She couldn’t believe what she just saw. ‘Did that- did that water just freeze in midair and turned to ice?!’ she argued in her head. She thinks she’s seeing things. She thinks she’s going crazy. This seemed like a dream that wont let her wake up. 
“Didn’t you just hear Sungjong? You’re water, I’m ice. I can beat you by just making all the existing liquids in this area to freeze. Like.. Hmm…” Xiumin chuckled darkly, “now.” The temperature suddenly dropped, the windows began to turn cloudy and the air was down to negative 3 degrees. 
“Wha-what is going on?!” Yumi braved herself to speak, her teeth chattering at the sudden change of temperature. 
“Oh well aren’t you clever.” Suho rolled his eyes, “Chanyeol! Do your thing.” everyone’s eyes shifted to the frizzy haired boy who had his back against the wall with his arms crossed casually while the other EXO-K boys smiled to themselves.
“Oh it already, hyung!” Chanyeol saluted and in less than 3 seconds, the temperature lifted, turning the once freezing cold room into a hot stuffy place. This was getting weirder and weirder for Yumi and she can’t think straight. 
“Seriously- what is going on?!” she begged, looking over at Sungjong who didn’t take notice of her as he watched what was going to happen next. The heat became unbearable all of a sudden, sweat trickling down everyone’s faces. 
“I told you just me and you.” Xiumin said through gritted teeth. “What? can’t you fight your own battles cause I’m the one winning here?” Suho became irritated. Not just because of Xiumin now. But because of the heat.
“Chanyeol, that’s enough now. What are you doing?! Gonna bake us like potatoes?!” Suho boomed, still keeping his eyes on Xiumin. But nothing changed, the temperature kept on rising and it felt like they were all in the Sahara desert. “Chanyeol stop heating the room up! I told you that’s enough!” 
“Hyu-hyung-” the deep voiced boy began to stammer, “Hyung- I can’t stop- I can’t stop it-”
“What do you mean you can’t stop?!” Suho turned his back on Xiumin who took the chance to signal one of the EXO-M boys to do something. 
“This is getting dangerous- I’m out of here.” Sunggyu muttered behind Yumi who was frozen on the spot. Without anything else to say. Sunggyu started to fade away and soon he was out of sight. 
“Wait for me…” Sungjong cried. Yumi felt a rush of warm wind hit her and she looked to her side to see that Sungjong had disappeared. She blinked in confusion but her attention was caught again by Suho.
“Chanyeol stop this now! You’re going to kill us all!!!” 
“Hyung- I really can’t stop- help me!” Chanyeol began to beg, “I can’t stop heating up- I can’t control it!” 
“Suho you better control that fireplace of yours or we will all turn into burnt bacon!” Xiumin hissed referring to Chanyeol.
“Did someone say my name?” a boy from EXO-K yelled. 
“Why? Afraid of a little heat??” Suho turned back to Xiumin.
“Hey! Stop this- Whatever is going on, stop it now!!” Yumi raised her voice as clumps of people began to flee, even the people who she was sitting with. She wanted to run but she couldn’t find herself to do it so. 
“Kai teleport her out of here. Now.” Suho ordered. 
“Teleport?!” Yumi squeaked but before the guy who was ordered to teleport her out, a lightning bolt was striked straight at the EXO-K table, causing the boys who was sitting there to jump out of the way as quick as they can. 
“You son of a ! Are you trying to kill me?!” a guy named Kai with matted black hair and tanned skin roared.
“No, I was trying to stop you from teleporting.” a guy from EXO-M table yelled back, “Actually, you were right. I was trying to kill you!!” It was Chen and his power was lightning.
“Kai! don’t do anything else! Just  go and take this girl out of here!” Suho cried but was cut off when 3-4 chairs came flying right at him. “WHAT THE HELL?!” 
“Sorry, couldn’t control my powers.” a baby faced boy named Luhan giggled childishly to himself as he raised his hands and 3-4 more chairs came flying straight at EXO-K. There was a sudden bright flash of light, causing everyone to cover their eyes, suffering from minor blindness. The floating chairs all cascaded down, causing a racket as everyone apart from EXO and Yumi had left the crime scene. 
“Oh so you wanna play with light, Baekhyun then you’re going to get light!” Chen shouted before clicking his fingers and 2 lightning bolts were shot right at the guy who flashed the bright light around the room. Yumi was frozen. She couldn’t move. She was paralysed into watching what was happening around her. She couldn’t even bring herself to scream.
“Someone put that fireplace out!” Xiumin screeched, pointing at Chanyeol who was now shaking his arms and fire came hissing out of his sleeves. 
“Chanyeol stop with the heat already!!!” everyone yelled.
“I can’t- I really can’t!” Chanyeol let out small cried. 
“That’s it, Suho throw water at him already!” Xiumin ordered.
“What and burn him? No way!” Suho came pushing Xiumin back.
“Lay can heal him!” 
“I am not letting one of your minions touching my group.” 
“Fine! Then shoot water at him and I’ll ing cool the water down! Just ing hurry before he sets this place alight!” Yumi fell back on her seat shakily, hearing water pipes crack and then water started spraying out everywhere but it doesn’t touch her or touch anything. It floated up the air and was heading straight for the frizzy haired guy. Lightning bolts was still being shot everywhere. Everything was a mess and Yumi couldn’t keep it all in her head anymore as cold air brushed her hot skin that headed for the water. The water finally hit Chanyeol in the next second and the place stopped heating up. Everyone paused what they where doing.
“Urgh! My eyesight is back!” Luhan blinked, “Hey what happened- Chanyeol- you’re all wet. Dude what happened?!” Chanyeol was indeed dripping wet from head to toe, his frizzy hair now flat and dripping as he stared at each of the faces that looked at him. There was steam everywhere, the temperature was still hot, water dripped from the pipes and chairs were scattered everywhere. Everything was a mess. 
“THE WATER WAS FREEZING COLD YOU S!” he screamed, his teeth chattering. *CRACK!* Yumi let out a scream, feeling a hand clash around her wrist, seeing the guy with tanned skin the one holding her.
“Ever teleported before?” Kai asked her. 
“She’s not going anywhere with you.” a rough voice hissed and she felt another hand tug on her other wrist. She looked up to see a scary looking guy that reminded her a bit of Dongwoo she met earlier. She looked at all the 12 faces that stared at her. Her head was feeling light and airy. Next thing was, she black out. 
Yumi’s POV: [For what felt like hours later…]
‘Omo- my head. It’s hurting so much, I feel like someone had hit me with a baseball bat?! What is this?! What’s wrong with me? Why can’t I wake up? Why can’t I open my eyes?! Omo- I feel so lifeless… Am I dead?!’ 
“Aish… when will she wake up? I heard a voice echo other than my own voice. 
“Where’s that Yixing? He can at least come and heal her!” a confident voice grumbled.
“My name is Lay if you’ve forgotten and I am now here to heal her so move out of the way already!” a quiet yet aggressive voice hissed. ‘Who are these people talking?! What the hell are they doing? Kim Yumi, wake up already!!!’ 
“Baekhyun! Lay! Stop arguing already!” a familiar voice spoke from my right. 
“Just to remind you, I don’t take orders from you anymore, Suho. You’re not my leader. Xiumin is.” the same quiet voice spoke. 
“Just heal her already!” 
“You don’t tell me what to do-” 
“Lay, just do it. She’s not waking up.” ‘Are they talking about me? Wait- someone is holding my hand. Who is it?! Yumi, wake up! Or pull away! Why isn’t my brain letting me do what I want?!’ 
“She’s cold.” the quiet voice murmured.
“I’ll go get Chanyeol-” 
“No! Don’t let that fireplace of yours come near her. He’s dangerous. He needs to control his powers.” 
“You know he only got his powers last year! He’s still new to it!” 
“Oi! Shut up already, trying to focus here!” the hand holding mine tightened and I flinched a little. ‘What is this person doing to my hand?! Hang on a minute… why can I feel something warm and tingly going up from my hand and up my arm?! I- I feel alive again!’ The weird warm sensation moved from my arm, to my chest, up the top of my head and everywhere on my body. ‘What is this wizardry?! My head is not hurting anymore!’ 
“I don’t understand… She’s supposed to wake up now. I gave her half my energy.” the quiet voice mumbled. 
“Here. I’ll electrocute her!” 
“NO BAEKHYUN!” I felt a warm finger prod my arm and stay there until I felt this very painful, electric shock that replaced the warm sensation that was in my body. My eyes popped open just like that and I sat up as fast as I can, retching my arm away. 
“Funny how her didn’t go all frizzy like mine.” a familiar deep voice grumbled. I looked up and I couldn’t believe my eyes. I was still in the cafeteria with 12 boys surrounding me with blank faces. I looked at each face rapidly before turning my attention to water dripping from broken pipes and chairs being clumsily pushed aside by the walls. BY NO ONE!!! What is this?! A sudden flashback came into my mind. Flying chairs, lightning bolts, water swarming around like it was controlled! WATER TURNING INTO ICE IN MIDAIR!!!!! It seemed like a dream but-‘it’s a dream. Right? No. it’s not. Those chairs are being pushed by their own!!!!!!! That wasn’t no dream! It was real!’ I gasped to myself. That flashback did happen. Unless I’m going seriously crazy!
“Hey, are you thirsty? Do you want some water?” I looked at the person who spoke. He smiled angelically, his eyes turning into cute little eye smiles. 
“Are you feeling hot?” a different boy stepped towards me, his eyes worriedly searching my face as he took more steps towards me, holding his hand out. I reacted by shuffling back carelessly, my hand landing on something that was piping hot!
“Ouch!” I cursed, bringing my hand back and inspecting it that it was burnt, “Ow.” 
“Sorry, I guess I’m still hot.” Chanyeol, that frizzy haired boy pouted. His hair was no longer frizzy, it was partly straight. 
“Here, let me see your hand.” a boy bent down next to me, startling the life out of me, his hand held out. I didn’t get my say as the pretty boy with a long fringe that was swept to the side took my burnt hand in his. He stared at my burn so I stared at it. I suddenly felt that same warm sensation on my burn and MY HAND WAS GLOWING and- the burn was gone!!!!!! My eyes widened in fear, shock and interest and surprise. 
“WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY HAND?!?!??!” I found myself to scream and freak out. All of the boys stepped back slightly, surprised by my reaction.
“I- I just healed your hand. Sorry if it freaked you out. I was just trying to help.” the boy got up and bowed apologetically. He was the one with the quiet voice! 
“What is going on here?! I am so confused!! My hand just gets magically healed! Those chairs are being moved by itself!!!!-” I jumped to the side, feeling a very COLD hand touch my cheek. “WHAT THE HELL?! DUDE YOU HAND IS FREEZING COLD!!!” I looked up to see that the guy who was trying to approach me first smiled cheekily at me.
“Sorry.” he giggled like a little child, “I’m Xiumin and my power is frost so I tend to be cold.” 
“Power?” I swallowed this hard lump forming in my throat, “Power? Frost?!” 
“Yeah, like how Lay healed your hand? His power is healing.” he pointed to the guy with the long fringe.
“While my power is fire. Oh sorry for burning your hand again.” Chanyeol bowed his head slightly, “The chairs are being moved by Luhan cause his power is telekinesis.” 
“Hey! I was going to tell her my power instead!!!” a cute voice erupted from a very cute, young looking boy who looked like he should belong in middle school! 
“My power is water as you saw earlier before you passed out.” the angelic looking boy smiled once more.
“So it wasn’t a dream???” I asked, more asking myself. 
“Looks like we have explaining to do…” Chanyeol sighed. 
A/N: 2nd chapter is up :3 Sorry if it so badly described and oh so BORING. Anyway, comments are loved so much! Hello to new subscribers! P.S Does anyone want to make a poster for me for this fic?^^