Chapter 1: EXO HIGH- LE CONFUSED!

Welcome To EXO High

 

Chapter 1: EXO HIGH- LE CONFUSED!
“Omona~ mum I don’t think I can do this…” chewing hard on my bottom lip, my mum turned to face me from the front passenger seat and smiled kindly.
“It will be fine, Yumi-” 
“No mum, it won’t be fine!! What if I don’t fit it? What if I fail all the classes? What if no one wants to be my friend? All the other students there might be all posh and rich! They might look down at me! I’m going to be the social outcast of that entire school…” I sighed heavily, hugging my bag that was resting on my knees. 
“Hey kid, it WILL be fine. I promise you that you will enjoy your time there. It’s a fresh start as well. Would you rather go back to Yumkwang or go to the most famous, prestigious school in South Korea?” my dad spoke, looking at me from the rear view mirror, “You have the biggest luck ever. This school is very hard to get in, you have to go all through these interviews, contracts but you just got a letter out of the blue to attend. Now get out of the car, stop being a wuss and get going.” 
“Wow. Thanks dad.” I rolled my eyes, “Make sure to at least send me one email a month okay?” 
“Yes, kiddo. We’ll come take you home every term break you have. Make sure you clean your dorm!” 
“Yes and please eat lots and don’t study too much!”
“My bags are in my dorms now right?” 
“Yes.” 
“Do I have enough money for food?” 
“Yes.” 
“And-” 
“Kim Yumi stop stalling and go already! They are expecting you!” they both shouted at me so I had no choice but to step out of the car and faced the tremendous building in front of me. “Have fun! And no boyfriends while you’re attending school!” Carrying my bag with one hand and putting my other hand around my stomach to control the butterflies, I stepped towards my new school.
stock-photo-front-view-of-blue-glass-offWhen I approached the huge glass double doors, a woman came out with a welcoming smile that partly put me at ease.
 
“Kim Yumi?” she asked in a sing song voice. I nodded once. Her smile grew wider, “Welcome to EXO High.” 
~
“Kim Yumi, this is Lee Sungjong. He will be your guide around the school for the next 2 to 3 weeks until you have finally settled down and are able to go around at ease.” ‘Hmm… I think it will take more than just 2-3 weeks for me to able to settle down.’ I glanced at the feminine looking boy standing next to Ms. Shim who grinned at me. ‘He seems friendly. But he’s so pretty he’s putting me to shame…’ Ms. Shim turned to Sungjong.
“Please take good care of her. Show her around the school first, get her to her classes and then lastly go show her dorm.” Ms. Shim passed Sungjong a blue folder and a set of keys that had a keychain that had the tag EXO 60. With one last welcome smile, Ms. Shim walked off leaving Sungjong with me who gave me a smug smile.
“Okie Dokie. These keys is yours.” Sungjong suddenly flicked the keys at me so fast that it looked like a blur and the keys nearly hit me on the face, “One of them is your locker key and the other is your dorm key. 60 is your locker number and also your dorm number, go that?” I nodded silently, “Oh and this is yours.” he threw that blue folder at me but this time I was able to catch it not so clumsily, “Your timetable and is in there and also the map for the school.” 
“T-thanks?” I mumbled, feeling like this Sungjong is a bit of a… Turd. Sungjong grinned widely at me and threw his arm around my shoulders all of a sudden.
“I like you. You don’t speak much, let’s be best friends, okay?” he chided. 
“Urm… Okay…?” 
~
‘Oh god, everyone is staring at me. I don’t have anything stuck on my shoes right? Or anything on my face right? Or my hair? Or my clothes?! There’s nothing wrong with my uniform… I mean its brand new… apart from my shoes. Its battered yes.. My god, why are they all staring at me?!’ 
“And this is the canteen where everyone turns into pigs and eat anything the cooks cook for us oh and around the corner is the Professors’ lounge-” Sungjong trailed on and on, his arm still hanging loose around my shoulders, “Hey, Yumi are you even listening to me?” 
“Eh? Um… Yes, of course!” I nodded. ‘Actually no… I’m too busy freaking out at why people ARE STARING AT ME!’ “Urm… so what are the classes like?” more people looked over at me when I spoke. I should not speak.
“Boring. Uninteresting. English, Science, Maths and all that are a bore. But no one cares about those useless subjects even the Professors don’t care! We always look forward to practice but then a few don‘t cause some don‘t know how to master their-” Sungjong shrugged happily.
“Practice?” 
“Yeah! Its usually on for the last 2 periods or it runs till 7pm. Its to practice our-” *BRRRRRIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG* “Oh great, Maths  class!!! Let’s go.” ‘Practice? What for?’
~
“Oh so this is how you do Pythagoras Theorem. Now do questions 1 to 15 before bell rings or all of you will be doing an extra hour of practice.” a few students groaned at the mention of Practice. Seriously what is it for?!
“Ms. Kim is everything okay? You seem confused.” Mr. Han raised his brows at me.
“Urm ne~ Everything- everything is good.” my voice turned shaky and squeaky causing a few sniggers and whispers to erupt around the room. 
“She seems ordinary.” I heard a very soft dithery voice from the back row. 
“Shut the hell up Tao, no one is talking to you.” a really deep booming voice snarled, also coming from the back row.
“I was talking to myself, thank you very much.” the same soft voice, now sounding a little more arrogant spoke again. Before I can turn around to look who it was, Mr. Han spoke.
“Park Chanyeol and Huang Zi Tao keep quiet. I’ve already split you two apart for this year so I don’t want to hear another word being spoke between you two again!” Mr. Han scolded.
“Huang Zi Tao. Nice name, douche.” the booming voice murmured who must be Chanyeol.
“Don’t make me-” 
“I can set you alight. Don’t test me, Huang.” I glanced over my shoulder to see a boy with really big eyes and fluffy frizzy hair that made him like he was electrocuted looking at a guy who was opposite him from the other back corner. The other guy had small slanted eyes, a pointed skinny face and really dark black hair and was glaring at frizzy hair, Chanyeol. I blinked when my eyes darted to Chanyeol’s hand that had a small open flame dancing at the tip of his thumb. 
“Park Chanyeol put that fire out and do your work! Save it for practice.” Mr. Han snapped. Without looking away from the other guy Tao, frizzy hair flicked his fingers and the fire disappeared. Just like that. I blinked rapidly. ‘Wait- he must have a very small lighter in his hand. Right? ‘
~
“What an interesting Maths lesson.” Sungjong chuckled, “Chanyeol and Tao are always at each other’s throats in that class. Aish…” 
“Why are they like that?” I asked in a small voice as we went headed for the canteen.
“Chanyeol is from EXO-K and Tao is from EXO-M.” Sungjong just replied back casually like it was an easy yes or no question. 
“Huh??” I looked at him for a more decent explanation. Sungjong looked at me quickly before pulling me in the canteen and stood me by the water fountain. 
“Don’t you know anything about EXO-K and EXO-M?” Sungjong asked me in a slight whisper. 
“Clearly not.” I mumbled. 
“EXO-K and EXO-M both consists of 6 members in it-” 
“What are they a boy band or something?” I butted in.
“Shut up and let me explain, I’m on a roll here, woman!” Sungjong snapped so I fell silent, “Altogether there 12 and they are the EXO boys because they are the sons of the owners of this school.” 
“Wait- are they all brothers?!” I butted in again. ’But Chanyeol and Tao have different surnames… right?’ Instead of being snappy at me again, Sungjong burst into breathless laughter.
“How can one woman have 12 kids?!” 
“I know someone who’s had 9 kids so it’s possible.” I shrugged.
“Well no they are not brothers. Their dads are friends just like EXO before they split and turned to EXO-K and EXO-M blah, blah, blah~” Sungjong rolled his eyes. “But their dads had this very serious fight and split from each other, causing EXO boys to split aswell.” 
“And?” 
“EXO-K is Korean while EXO-M is Mandarin.” Sungjong continued, “So basically they split through nationalities like their dads.” 
“Oh right…” I breathed, ’I’m getting there… I think…’ 
“The fight that all their dads had has affected EXO and now they are also going against each other like their dads.” Sungjong sighed, “it’s a battle between the EXOs.”
“More like battle between the boy bands.” I laughed at my own joke but Sungjong didn’t find it funny. “So where are EXO-K and EXO-M?” 
“Over there. On your left is EXO-K and on the right is EXO-M.” Sungjong nudged his head left and right. I looked over his shoulder and looked on my left to see 6 boys all messing about, sitting on the tables and not the chairs that had been kicked onto the floor carelessly. They were all laughing so loud and making a racket.
“They seem like a bunch of animals.” I muttered and turned my gaze over to the my right to see another group of 6 boys sitting on the chairs properly and are much more quieter than EXO-K. “I think I like EXO-M more…” 
“That’s cause they are more mature I suppose. I sometimes say that the M stands for Mature than Mandarin. You know, EXO Mature?” This time Sungjong laughed at his own joke, “Okay, enough explanations lets go sit down.” without another word, the feminine boy grabbed my arm and tugged me through the other tables and I watched in slight nervousness that we were heading to the middle table that was in between EXO-K and EXO-M. 
“Sungjong, can we go sit somewhere else?” I questioned, trying to drag my heels to stop Sungjong from tugging me even more further. I didn’t like the idea of sitting on the table that cut off the two EXO groups.
“Oh but this is the best table and we always sit here every year because it gives us the best seats on what the two EXOs will be fighting about.” I couldn’t say anything else after than as Sungjong pushed me on one of the chairs and threw an apple on my lap. There were other people on the table too. Most of them were boys. 
“Yumi, this is Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol, Sunggyu, Dongwoo and Myungsoo. They are erts while I’m the only normal one. Oh and that CL, GaIn and Hyuna.” the 9 people sitting all waved at me. 
“Welcome to EXO High, cutie.” the one called Woohyun winked.
“Sweetie, ignore Woohyun. He’s greasy.” CL scowled, “You must be important.” 
“Excuse me?” 
“EXO High doesn’t accept people to start in the middle of the year. You must be special.” the guy called Dongwoo chugged his orange juice down. 
“What’s your power?” Hyuna smiled at me.
“Power?” I blinked at them in confusion. They all chuckled. ’What the hell are they talking about?! Power?! Huh?’
“Talent, dearest. Talent.” Myungsoo winked.
“Talent-” I began to stutter, “I don’t have- any- t-talent-” 
“Don’t be shy, Yumi.” the 3rd girl GaIn spoke, “I’m sure your talent is not as stupid and lame like I don’t know… Invisibility.” 
“Hey!! Invisibility is not lame or stupid! Being able to see the future is the one that is stupid and lame!” small eyes Sunggyu roared. 
“Invisibility? Able to see the future??? I’m ever so sorry- but what are you all talking about? I’m confused-” 
“Baby, you can’t be accepted in EXO if you don’t have a talent.” the lat guy Sungyeol raised his brows at me, “You need a talent to get here.” 
“But I really don’t know what you are talking about!” 
Going to no one’s POV: 
“Baby, you can’t be accepted in EXO if you don’t have a talent.” the lat guy Sungyeol raised his brows at the new girl “You need a talent to get here.” 
“But I really don’t know what you are talking about!” Yumi squeaked. She was in  so much confusion. She doesn’t know what the group of people was talking about in front of me. She also don’t know that her remark caught the attentions of the 2 EXO groups. 
“Like I said in my class, she’s ordinary.” Tao mumbled to EXO-M.
“She doesn’t seem to know what she’s here for.” Chanyeol sniggered to EXO-K. “Maybe. Just maybe she doesn’t know what her talent is.” 
“Shall we go help her?” Tao let a half smirk show on his face that EXO-M all mirrored. Without further ado, one member from each group started to approach Yumi but paused to see each other. It was no other than the eldest of the groups, Xiumin and Suho. They both stared at each other and knew what both of them were thinking at the same time. ‘I must get to her first!’ was the thought they both shared in their heads and they both sped their walk and stood behind Yumi who was oblivious to it. The people Yumi sat with paused and looked up causing Yumi to also look and jump up from her seat. Suho and Xiumin both smiled at the same time.
“You’re coming with me.” both the two EXO members said at the same time. Yumi blinked while Suho and Xiumun glared at each other.
“She’s coming with my group.” They said at the same time once again.
“No. We claim her.” they chorused for the 3rd time. 
“You better back off, Xiumin. My group is taking her in.” Suho snarled.
“Let’s fight for her then.” Xiumin smirked, “You and me.” 
A/N: so how is it for the 1st chapter? Boring? Give me your thoughts okay? Thanks for the subscribers!! *throws EXO cookies for everyone*