Two Halves of One Whole

Stay Together, my Heartbreaker

tumblr_lubdcwWHW91r11r0go1_500.jpg

Photo from bornyours.tumblr

 

Stay Together my Heartbreaker (Finale)

Months ago…

It was half past twelve when Jiyong entered the private suite he bought last year; a private sanctuary that nobody knows of and he rarely used but right at that moment, he visited at least twice a week.

His eyes roamed around the pad, noticed that the lights were a little bit dimmer than it used to. He climbed down the three-step stairs and dropped his bag beside the sleek couch before slamming himself unto the furniture. It had been a hectic day for him. His mind was literally dry due to the brainstorm of words, beats and emotions—in other words GD was at his limits that night. He had to; the second album was kicking his .

Jiyong closed his eyes for a bit and now he thanked that the lights were dim, might as well crash here. He thought.

“Oppa?” A voice called behind him. He smiled—all his troubles gone out of the window. “Did you just arrive?” He didn’t know she came.

After Chaerin answered his confession, he brought her to this pad where they could hide from the cameras and even from the all-seeing-eye of the president of YGE.

They usually texted each other whenever they felt like cuddling or being private—but that night was an exemption. Because none of them actually told the other to come. How funny that she popped in when he needed company most.

He didn’t open his eyes—at least not after she pressed a kiss on his temple, “Chaerin-ah.” She was ready to sleep. Short black boy shorts and a sleeveless shirt which she grabbed from his closet was all her. Boyish but very, very feminine. He used to wonder how someone as sweet as a kitten could act all lioness upstage. And yet she was proof that dual-personality exists. And that was one reason he loved her.

She simply wasn’t the female G-Dragon as most people called her, but she was 2NE1’s fierce leader, CL and Seoul city’s baddest female. You just don’t see a female like that everyday. Some men did not want her type since CL could actually make them look like amateurs, but Jiyong—he was very much interested.

Chaerin sat on his lap, pressed another kiss on his cheek and leaned on his shoulder. He was not tired, not at all, in fact he was very much revived—at least when she was around. “Had another tiring day, Oppa?” She asked him.

It’s not that she was ignorant on his present condition; it was just one way for her to start a conversation. He nodded before he trapped her in his embrace. “Sajangnim literally threw all of the songs on my face today.”

Silence.

He used to be afraid of silence. Jiyong knew that when silence reigned between couples it was a sign that things were going bad. But after months being together, silence was rather a comfortable situation between them.

It was a kind of conversation between lovers, musicians. Silence was a form of talking without words, a form that only understanding and an invisible support could be heard. “Yah.” Chaerin started.

“Hm?” He replied while he played a strand of her blonde hair. “Are you hungry?” She retreated from her leaned form and looked at him with a smile. “It’s just half past 12 midnight, never too late to eat dinner.”

He returned the smile and said, “I ate dinner.”

“Eh?” Apparently, he was facing the cute side of Chaerin. “What time did you eat?” Her ability to read him grew day by day, and he liked that. She going deeper under his skin, it would probably hurt like when someone tried to pull her out.

She was already standing before he could pull her back again, so he replied “Around seven.” She entered their super clean kitchen. They might be busy but they do not tolerate mess. “That’s more like lunch to me.” She replied as she opened their fridge to get something, he sat on the counter.

He chuckled. Like him, 2ne1 had a busy sched and she was the leader, she needed to be a step ahead of her pack. “Hm,” she said after she grabbed some left over. “The maid-in-charge probably left this, I’ll just reheat it.”

She sat beside him and it was his turn to lean on her shoulder, she leaned back. “Omo, I don’t want to eat. I’m just tired, I swear, I ate dinner.” He whined, all he wanted was to sleep beside her. “Then consider this breakfast, okay?” She kissed his head.

**

It was a nice experience, having someone wait and hold you when you’re tired. Someone who preheats left over food for you when all you wanted was to sleep. And now, that very woman who occupied his flashback awhile ago said, “Credits to Jiyong-oppa.” Then she starts singing;

A yo, finally

This is what I’ve been waiting for, a brand new CL!

I’m all by myself, this ain’t good, you’re my heartbreaker, DJ

GD

Let me take this song here

It was his song. The well known Heartbreaker which earned him awards and of course, controversies; and now it sounded different when she’s singing it in a whole new set of notes and feelings. It was sober but nonetheless, broken. He wrote Heartbreaker, well memorized the turns of each lyrics, She made it her own he thought. He is proud of her, yet he could not bring himself to smile.

She jumbled the words. That song is all about moving on, but when she showed them her version, it sounded nothing like everybody expected from CL—the baddest female; they are used on seeing her all paws with her chin up and proud. But now, she sounded like an ordinary stereotype of most female K-pop idols, hurt and alone.

**

He woke knowing she was not beside him, his eyebrows frowned. He was laying on his front, shirtless as usual and sheets tangled around him. It was 11:45 in the morning. His eyes were still sleepy but he forced them open to look for the missing blonde he slept with earlier. After the so called breakfast last night, he did not give her the chance to cuddle on him, instead he circled his arms around her tummy and slept on her with his head on the crook of her neck.

And in a snap—he slept.

Jiyong sat up, a hand raked on his locks that was already messed up dew to his slumber. He smelled coffee.

He turned to look at the bedside table and saw a cup; he smiled. His Chaerin was always thoughtful.

Jiyong grabbed the cup and left the bed. He took a sip and looked for his other half. His female self. Though topless, he did not feel the cold, thanks to the coffee and the growing heat on his chest.

He saw Chaerin leaning on the glass wall of their abode; a pencil was being tapped on her lips and a notebook on hand. Her hair was still messy, her own cup of Americano on a table nearby. “Why are you out of bed, love?” Chaerin asked without looking at him. She was truly a cat, an enigma he could not quite solve just yet. “My pillow wasn’t there.” He answered before he took a sip from his cup of coffee and leaned on the doorjamb. Jiyong saw her lips curve, but she did not stop tapping the head of the pencil on top of it.  

He smiled. Then she looked at him.

The coffee forgotten, he walked towards her. But before he could trap her, she just gracefully avoided him. Jiyong gave his girl a questioning look before she tapped the pencil back on her lips. “What are you so engrossed on, Hunchae?” He pouted. She put down the things on her bag before she answered, “Nothing, love.”

There was something on her voice which made his curiosity surfaced. He raised a brow, and she chuckled.

Chaerin stood up to walk towards him, “Really, it’s nothing.” She hugged him and kissed his chin.

**

“Unnie, I’m going first.” Chaerin says to Dara a while after the heartbreaking debut of her version of Heartbreaker. Everybody loves it, or so she thought since it earned her a big round of applause—even from the President himself. But Jiyong was already gone—and so was Na Hyun.

What am I thinking? CL asked herself—she was not expecting a reaction from him, right? Then the headache came, who am I fooling? It was her heart breaking. “Eh? But it’s still early.” Bom replied and Minzy nodded. She just dismissed them, because all she ever wanted was to cry.

They would understand, she never was a party girl. CL might be the baddest female but that doesn’t mean that Chaerin had to put up with it.

It was all tearing on now, the need to give up, to cry, to simply break. She gracefully avoided all the cameras and guards—having used of them by now. She did not call their manager nor she stopped a cab—she just needed to be lost.

Chaerin did not know where her heels led her. Her mind was too much occupied with Jiyong going home with that sly girl of his. It was supposed to be their thing—of coming home to a very secret, special, place.

She remade the song while she stared at his sleeping figure not so many months ago. She thought about him leaving her, she thought it would hurt like —but it hurts a lot more than she actually thought it would be. Then before she knew it, she was out of bed writing the jumbled lyrics of a brand new Heartbreaker.

These past three months, she’d been nothing but a living stone, CL without Chaerin. For the young girl she was, was too broken, too beaten up to even surface. And people could not see her weak.

She was out of breath when she stopped from her tracks, on a tree in a park behind the club. She was panting like a girl who was not used on using that much stamina, CL was gone. Her palms curled into fists. She used her right hand to lean her body on the tree, and then she let it all out. “Ji …” She mumbled before her other hand closed on her lips—even saying his name was hard.

She hated being like that—like a love struck, first timer, teenager—and yet she was. The past and the present collided in her head;

Jiyong smiling,

Na Hyun leaning on him,

G-Dragon performing,

Her heart beat accelerating when he was approaching her,

The way he stutter when he’s shy,

The way Na Hyun looked at him,

The way he smiles when he’s asleep,

The way he broke up with her,

The words…

Let’s break up, Chae…

Chaerin let out a cry. That memory was the most unwanted, the most excruciating chapter of their silly, clichéd, love story. “It hurts…” It was practically useless, her words drowned on her tears. She was so sure her make-up was nothing but a mess now.

**

He was debating whether or not he shows himself. It had been an hour ever since she arrived on the park, or to be exact—on the other side of the tree he was sitting at. Na Hyun left earlier, when Chaerin was almost done with her version of his song. Jiyong was too much depressed to even enter the club again, so he wondered out only to end up on this hidden park somewhere he don’t know where.

Then Chaerin came panting.

And it had been forty five minutes and thirty six seconds since she started crying.

His heart broke with hers.

“Don’t make this any harder, Chae.” He whispered to himself—a murmur that he knew only he heard. He was wrong. She was not happy—or at least not now. “Yah—” His heart jumped when he heard her call. “Since when did you make stalking a habit?” Maybe she felt him. She was always like that, sensing him even before he jumped at her or even try to shock her—or anything.

Chaerin always had a sixth sense on him—or so he thought.

“I was here first.” He replied. It was probably useless to act all invisible when she could sense him, some super power.

They did not say anything for the next few minutes, “Nice version by the way.” He started. “The Heartbreaker, I mean.” Chaerin now sulked, her arms hugged her knees—she looked so weak. “Thanks.” The reply was so sad it threatened to skin him alive. “I have to sue you for the copyright though.” He said with a sad smirk, of course Jiyong remembered how much an issue Heartbreaker became when it hit the public. “That’s why I didn’t show you when I wrote it.” And now she dragged him back to that enchanted memory when he all but run after her when he wanted to see what she scribbled.

**

“Chaerin-ah, let me see!” He said as he ran after her, but damn, she could skip and dodge like a cat. “I know you’re composing something.” And he knew the song was all about him—he just felt it. “Yah—am not.” Chaerin screamed as she entered the bathroom and locked it behind her.

“Yah!” He knocked—and knocked. “Just a peek!” He told her, “I promise I won’t laugh.” Nah, who was he kidding? Anything she made or does was pure perfection in his eyes. He was hardly the best judge when it came to this blonde. “Aniyo, Oppa. I’m not composing anything, I’m just…scribbling.” She replied, and was that naughtiness that he heard?

Jiyong smiled, she was too much. Or was he just suffering another Chaerin-overload? “Chae? Don’t lie to me.” He said in a rather amused tone. “Okay, fine.” He can’t see it but he knew she was pouting, “But I won’t let you see.” She opened the lock and peeked at him with a glare.

“I won’t be judged, Dragon.”

Then he laughed.

**

Love—you are such a cruel mistress.

She lied—the song was not made after the break-up. It was revised while she was high with his love—their love.

“Are you happy, Chae?” He asked after another silence era. He asked her because he wasn’t. And Jiyong wasn’t sure if he could laugh like that again. He wasn’t sure if he could move on and so he have to decide when he hears her answer.

“Of course, I am.” She sounded more sober this time. More, okay, but he’s heart was starting to ache. “Never been happier, Ji.” Of course, it was nothing but armor. CL needed to protect Chaerin. However, CL wasn’t needed in this discussion, it was as akin to GD not speaking this whole time—he was all Jiyong. And he wanted her to speak as Chaerin—no armors. “Chae?” Somehow, he saw the swing alluring. “Don’t lie to me.”

To both of them, it sounded like a dilemma. A plea like command, a stiletto on your throat. Jiyong closed his eyes, Chaerin hugged herself.

She could not run now—because it was now in front of her and Chaerin was built with a stronger material, and he knew she won’t back down—at least not on them. She sighed. “Nobody’s really happy after a break up, Ji.” She sounded so vulnerable that all he wanted was to wrap her in his arms and kiss the fear away and sadness away.

“Not even me.”

 Of course—they were two halves of one whole, he wasn’t any stronger than she was. Much as he wanted—he couldn’t bring back time, he could not fix her heart. They let the silence take over again, and for the first time after three months, they were comfortable with each other.

“Chae?”

“Hm?” He was suddenly beside her, how could he move so swift and silent?

“I still love you.”

That is a statement that was predicted.

Chaerin looked at him, and she saw it—from the first time she layed her eyes on him.

To the time they started working with each other.

To the time he started teasing her.

To the time he confessed.

To the time they wake up together.

To the time he broke her heart…there was this look that never seem to disappear everytime Jiyong looks at her.

Love—yes, it is all true.

And she felt the same way. Chaerin just smiled with that realization and said, “Why do we always have to be the same, dragon?”

 

A/N: And it's done. I don't know if I did a good job, so, let me know by commenting, arasso?? I don't know with you guys but my heart was happy while making this fic :) Toodles.