Chaerin

Stay Together, my Heartbreaker

Stay Together my Heartbreaker (CL)

LONELY-JV-screencaps-kpop-girl-power-256

 

LONELY-JV-screencaps-kpop-girl-power-256It hurts.

That’s what Chaerin is actually feeling as her eyes lingered on him for a moment.  Though the music from the stereos is booming, all she could hear is her heart trying to reach .

The whole YG family, including some selected fans were inside of an exclusive club YG himself reserved for a moment fleeting pleasure; both for the idol and the fans. The idols can actually perform on the prepared stage in front of them all, if they so choose. So far, Se7en, Psy and Tablo have performed.

Now, CL tries not to scream and continue smiling at the fans that gathered around the table that was reserved for 2ne1. The cat-eyed leader tried not to sashay to Big Bang’s table and stab him with a fork. It bloody hurts; did he actually think that by taking up a false girlfriend in the name of Na Hyun, they could avoid the plaguing controversies about them crossing the YG dating ban?

But Jiyong was right. It did stop the never-ending rumors about him and the blonde leader of 2ne1. The only trouble is, they were never rumors.

 They did date.

They were in love—or so she thought.

Because he never did flinch about his idea in getting another girlfriend, he never did consider what she would feel. Of course—GD was the only one who could get a lover, because believe it or not she was still under the dating ban. it.

And so—to protect YG Entertainment, to protect Big Bang, to protect 2ne1, to protect himself—he broke up with her. And now his arm curled around the petite Na Hyun’s waist. Pathetic.

He looks so happy—while she looks, feels, like .

As if he heard her before she knew it, Big Bang was on stage—the music of Lies banged the speakers.

Love is pain

The fans cheered, heck—even her members were cheering for their seniors, so she forced herself a grin. CL looked back and saw the too obvious hearts on the eyes of Na Hyun. Good actress.

I’m so sorry but I love you

It was an old song—made before the world even heard of the household name 2ne1. But why were they singing it, right at this moment? Did GD chose it for her?

Of course, Chae—it’s one of their best tracks. CL tells herself. Yeah—right. Could GD actually love her? Or was it a silly infatuation because he found a girl version of him; a girl mirror of him—a case of narcissism? So many questions—zero answers.

“Yah, CL!” Dara snaps. CL looked beside her and saw her grinning friend. “Let’s rock it—the girls are only waiting for your signal.” The girls never knew of what really happened between the leaders. It was their biggest secret—she and GD.

Of course, this party should be a family bonding for them. She tossed another shot of vodka down—“Um, unnie—aren’t you drinking too much?” Minzy was not allowed to go to clubs yet, but this party was one of the exemptions she was allowed to indulge in. “Don’t try to stop Rinnie, Minki, she could drink twenty gallons of alcohol and still think straight.” Bom exaggerated. Not true, but also not false.

“What? You think you can beat that 2-n-e-1?” Seungri asked them as the boy group climbed down the stage. Seungri is an almost friend for Chaerin, because they could irritate each other as cats and dogs but could work together as professionals can. “Don’t think too highly of yourself, maknae—Minzy could beat you down anytime, right, Minji-ah?” Daesung said after whacking the younger one’s head.

CL laughed at it. Laughing should be good for her, but it didn’t last long when hands braced her shoulders. “Of course 2ne1 could top Lies. My hunchae is better than me.” A joke she plans to make into a reality. One day she would outrun him. There would be no King next time, she would rule as Queen all alone.

And what’s with the old nickname?

“What do you think, Chae? Should we show these guys how to do it, let’s perform The Leaders.” He whispered on her ear, a gesture which made her skin crawl.

After those three months she tried to make herself, stay together. Tried her very best, but now the tears are right on the edge—good thing she has her favorite shades on.

But instead of turning away, she faced him; the act made her lips a millimeter away from his. A position which made the others—and some fans gasp. “No thanks, oppa. I’m in no mood to act all bad-assed.” She told him, of course with a smile. “And don’t stay too close to me; others might think different—and Na Hyun’s here.”

She didn’t say anything to her members but rather, she stood up and went for the DJ. CL is aware that her members are close to her, knew that they really want to perform for this special fan meeting.

“Ano—Chae? What are we singing?” Bom asked before the intro of Stay together began.

Unlike Big Bang’s Lies, Stay Together is not that famous, but the song fits her emotion right now and right now, she needs good lyrics. A good rap to burn the stupid heartbreak.

The audience was a mere black space for her—it is too dark, of course, let’s not blame the sunglasses.

How dare he! Chaerin screamed in mind. That move—did he plan it all to mock her?

It was all a punch on her gut—one that left her heart bruised.

Stay Together is dedicated not for him and Chaerin. Because they were no longer lovers and would never be friends again.

Instead, it was for herself. For both CL and Chaerin—for Chaerin is on the verge of giving up, of shattering. Meanwhile CL was born of pride and confidence—CL would pull the girl that is Chaerin back, broken heart and all.

A minute before Stay Together ends, Chae saw Jiyong kiss Na Hyun’s forehead. A move which is very familiar—it was an act of comfort for the both of them, one she treasured deep in her heart. But to see him do the same to another—that was it.

On the last note of the song where her members moved to get down of the stage, CL stops by the DJ booth and whispered something. The DJ gave her a shocked move but nodded and even gave her a seat.

CL dragged her seat on the center of the stage. She could sense 2ne1 looking back at her, worry and excitement mixing in their faces. She doesn’t have a solo song yet—but she prepared something, or revived something, it was made right after the break up.

“Um, tonight, I would sing a song I revived myself.” She sat on the chair. “Not that it’s an old song or something, but I just feel like singing it.” The audience laughed at her.

Before an unknown tone started, she said “Credits to Jiyong-oppa.”