Two blondes

Love between Fire and Ice

 

Jonghyun’s POV

I woke up with the sound of the alarm coming from my phone, early Monday morning. Like the usual, I immediately prepared myself for school. As soon as I was done, I was welcomed by my mom and dad, already sitting ready for breakfast.

 

“Good Morning!” I hummed happily as I took my usual seat, right in front of my mom.

 

“You seemed to have woken up on the right side of the bed.” My dad said before taking a sip of his coffee.

 

“Well, I think today is really going to be great.” I answered and ate my bread.

 

“How are you and Jessica doing?” My mom asked.

 

“Haven’t seen her for a week and I’ve never even contacted her.”

 

“I guess you should today. Alright? You have to make an effort to make your relationship work. You’re getting married after all.” My mom nagged.

 

“I’ll try.” I said and continued eating.

 

As I try to munch my breakfast, I suddenly thought about Ice Princess. Thoughts like her well being polluted my mind.

 

Why would I care?

 

“I’m getting late. I’ll go ahead.” I said then took my bag and walked towards the door.

 

“JONGHYUN! Invite Jessica for dinner tonight! Araso?” my mom yelled.

 

“Umma! I don’t want to!”

 

“If you won’t bring her tonight, you’ll have no allowance for the rest of the week!” My mom angrily yelled.

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“Take it or leave it.” My mom smiled sheepishly as she closed the door of the house.

 

** A FEW MINUTES AFTER**

 

I finally arrived in our school after a few minutes of walking and just like the usual, I was welcomed warmly by everyone.

 

“Hey Jonghyun!” A random girl standing with her friends said and of course, as a common courtesy, I waved at her and did the same things to the guys and gals who greeted me.

 

“JJJOOONNGGIEE!!” I suddenly heard someone yell from behind. I was quite annoyed and knew exactly who he was, so I looked back and glared.

 

“What the hell KEY! I told not to call me that! It sounds so childish and doesn’t suit my cool image!” I yelled.

 

Key didn’t seem to hear me and just placed his arm around my neck.

 

“oohhh. Our Jjongie is upset.” He teased.

 

“Shut up!” I said.

 

Onew, Minho and Taemin came in running towards us a few seconds after.

 

“Yah! I heard there are new transfer students.” Onew said as we were trying to get our things in the locker.

 

“Really? Are they hot?” Minho asked.

 

”Haven’t seen them yet. But I heard they looked like walking dolls.” Onew said which made the other boys awed.

 

Dolls? Sheesh. They can’t seem to beat Ice Princess when it comes to doll like features.

 

“And they both are blonds.” Onew continued.

 

“YES! Finally, some good looking blondes are here!” Key said as he tapped my shoulder.

 

I just smirked and walked ahead of them.

 

“What’s this? Mr. Kim Jonghyun doesn’t seem interested in blondes anymore.” Key continued teasing me.

 

“Could it be that he already has some blonde in his life?” Taemin said, which made everyone react.

 

“Yah! Who is it? What is it that you’re not telling us?” Minho asked.

 

“Just shut it guys. I don’t have anyone.” I lied and took my seat.

 

A few seconds after, the teacher finally came inside and got our attention.

 

“Class! Today, you will two new classmates, one of them transferred from US, and the other one from Shinhwa High.”

 

“oooooooww” my classmates reacted. Who wouldn’t? it seems like these people are rich.

 

“Ladies, come in.” Our teacher said. Seconds after, a petite girl with a short blonde hair came in, following her is a slightly tall, long haired girl who looks really familiar.

 

“Hello, I’m Kim Taeyeon. I just transferred from US. Nice to meet you everyone.” I heard the short blonde say but I wasn’t really paying attention to her. I was focusing my mind on the other girl.

 

As soon as I saw her cold eyes looking at me, I finally realize who it was.

 

“I’m Jessica Jung. Nice to meet you.” She coldly bowed and then looked at me again.

 

I don’t really know how to explain my feelings at that time. I was terrified but at the same time happy. And I don’t even know why! Why is she here? Is this another thing my parents planned to do to torture me?

 

“Taeyeon, you could sit near Onew. Jessica sit near Jonghyun.” The teacher instructed and then they went to their seats.

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked Jessica as soon as she took a seat.

 

“Studying.” She answered and placed her notebook on her desk.

 

“Are you following me? Did my parents ask you to transfer?”

 

She suddenly turned her attention to me and glared, “Don’t think that everything I do has something to do with you.” She said and turned back her attention to the teacher.

 

I suddenly got irritated! How come this girl is so annoyingly cold?

 

What da efff! I was just curious! Never mind, I’ll never talk to a cold hearted, tactless girl like her!

 

With that on my mind, I turned my attention to the teacher and tried my best to focus.

 

** a few minutes before the class ended**

 

“Okay, we’ll continue tomorrow. Uhm, Onew and Jonghyun, your homeroom teacher said that you should tour Taeyeon and Jessica around. Okay? See you tomorrow.”

 

“Yes!” I heard Onew happily said. I just sighed.

 

As soon as the teacher went out, everyone stood up to do their own business.

 

“Come on.” I told Jessica as soon as I finished packing my things.

 

“Jonghyun! We’ll go ahead, okay?”  Onew sang and grabbed Taeyeon away, which means I have no other choice but to be alone with Jessica.

 

Sigh.

 

“You don’t have to do this.” Jessica suddenly said as she grabbed her bag and stood right next to me.

 

“What?”

 

“Just draw me a map and I guess I won’t be lost. Taeyeon could also give me a tour.” She continued.

 

“What kind of fiancé would I be if I don’t do a simple task as this?” I said and eventually took her arm and dragged her towards the hallway.

 

JESSICA’S POV

 

“What made you transfer here?” He suddenly asked while we were walking in the hallway going towards somewhere I don’t know.

 

“I wanted to be with Taeyeon.” I answered briefly.

 

“ahh. That’s the cafeteria. Do you want to eat?” He asked as he pointed out the door on the right.

 

“No. I’m not hungry.”

 

“Well, I am.” He grabbed me towards the cafeteria. He led me towards a table and made me sit.

 

“Wait here.” He said and suddenly disappeared to buy food.

 

A few seconds after, I was crowded by a lot of people whom I didn’t know at all.

 

“What’s the real score between you and Jonghyun?” a girl in a pink ribbon asked.

 

“Are you two dating?”

“Why aren’t you answering?”

“Get away from my Jonghyun!”

 

Everything seemed really annoying and noisy which made me stand up from my seat.

 

I tried to walk away from them when suddenly one of the girls grabbed my arm. I glared at her and was surprised when another girl poured me water.

 

I really want to cry but I can’t. And I won’t. I was holding into it when I heard someone yell.

 

“YAH!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

 

I looked back and saw an angry Kim Jonghyun. And my heart started to beat so fast. It felt like I wanted to run to him and cry,

 

 

But I can’t.

 

********************************************************************************************************************************************

It's been a long tim, isn't it? hehe. Please leave a comment! :D