Really?

Love between Fire and Ice

JONGHYUN’S POV

“Contract marriage?” I asked.

“Yes. Contract marriage. What can you say?” She asked still with blank expression.

“I don’t know. It sounds really boring.” I said and took a seat in front of her.

“Boring? We’re not marrying to have fun!” She angrily said.

“I clearly said that I’m marrying you because I was forced to. But I did not say I won’t have fun while I’m married to you.” I said.

“What do you mean?”

“If we sign a contract, we will have limitations. And the fact is, I don’t want any limitations! Once we’re married, I could anything.” I paused and stared at her,

“And that means, I could do anything to you.” I continued and grinned. HAHA. I just love threatening her with things like that. Even though it doesn’t show, I can still feel her nervousness.

“Well, that would be the reason why I wanted to sign a contract with you, because I don’t want your dirty hands on me.” She answered back.

I got pissed. I really hate her guts. Hell, I’m not as rich as her but I’m not as poor as she thinks I am.

“You know what? I think it’s better if we think about it thoroughly, because if we discuss it today, it will lead us nowhere.” I said and stood up.

“Alright. I’ll see you in a week and then let’s discuss this again.” She said.

“Are you asking me out on a date?” I teased.

“Hell no.” She looked away.

“HAHA. Alright, I’ll see you in a week.” I said and started to walk.

“You’re leaving?”

“Yeah. Why? Do you want me to stay?”

“N-no!” She said and moved away from me.

Now, I really feel like she’s falling into my charms. Haha.

“Okay then, I’ll go.” I said and slowly walked away from her.

“W-wait!”

I immediately turned and looked at her.

I knew it, she just can’t resist me.

“There’s something I wanted to do with you, before you leave.” She said. For the first time, I saw her embarrassed expression and as always, she looks really cute.

“What?”

“There’s this something that I wanted to watch but I can’t do it alone.” She said and walked towards me.

“What movie?”

“My parent’s last video for me.” She said, looking so sad.

“It’s been a few months since they died but every time I attempt to play the video, I- I can’t do it. I end up stopping it.” She said, almost teary eyed.

“Alright then, I’ll watch it with you.”

“Really?”

“Yes.”

JESSICA’S POV

I don’t know what came in to my mind when I actually asked him to watch that video with me. And I don’t know why he just agrees to everything I say, except the contract marriage, of course.

I led Jonghyun towards our mini-theater. When we first came in, he looked really amaze, as if it was the very first time that he saw something like that.

“Have a seat.” I said.

“Wow! I’m starting to like your house.” Jonghyun said as he took a seat.

I didn’t mind him and took a seat right next to him.

“I suddenly don’t want to go home.” He grinned.

“You can stay as long as you want.” I suddenly said, which surprised the both of us.

“I- I mean, sooner or later, we’ll be married so I guess you staying here won’t be that bad.” I reasoned out.

I just met him but why do I feel really comfortable when he’s around? Is it because I’ve been really lonely long enough?

“Oh, I thought it’s because you want me to be with you.” He grinned.

“Of course not!” I said and looked away.

Once again, my heart started to beat so fast. I really hate this kind of feeling.

“Let’s just watch the video.” He said and turned his attention on the screen.

I nervously took the remote control and hesitated to play it. I’m nervous. Actually, I’m afraid. I’m afraid that once I see their faces, I’d feel lonely again. I’m afraid that I will once again realize that I’m such a loner, that there’s no person who would take care of me not because of my money.

I was unable to press the play button because my hand was tremendously shaking. Suddenly, Jonghyun held my hand tightly and looked at me.

“Jessica, don’t force yourself if you’re not ready. We can watch it next time.” He said.

“I-I’m..” I stuttered. I don’t know what to say just to make him believe that I’m ready.

I really don’t know why I have to show him my weakness in just a day.

Jonghyun suddenly stood up and kneeled right in front of me. He tapped my back, trying to comfort me.

With that, tears finally flowed on my cheeks. I really hate crying, especially in front of a person, but that time, I suddenly became so emotional.

“Shh, shhh.” That was all he ever said. It may sound as if it has no sense but to me, it was the most meaningful and sincere words he ever said since we met.

“It’ll all be okay. I’m here now.” Jonghyun said as he hugged me.

At that time, I couldn’t say anything. But I feel like I’m secured. Yes, I hate his guts. I hate everything about him since we met but despite everything, he’s the only person who made me feel this way.

*A FEW MINUTES AFTER*

When I was finally calm, I led Jonghyun towards the lobby of our house to send me off. I was a bit embarrassed for what happened but Jonghyun seemed to have not mind at all.

“Give me your phone.” He cockily said.

“Why?”

“Just give me your phone.” He said. I hesitantly gave him my phone right after.

He then dialed a number, a few seconds after, his phone rang.

“That’s my number and I got yours.” He said and handed me back my phone.

“If you need anything or if you feel lonely, don’t hesitate to call me and I’ll rush towards where you are.” He smiled and immediately went inside the car.

I feel something different with what he said. I felt my heart thumping once again. Did he really mean it? Can I really trust him?

“It seems like you’ve immediately clicked with him.” Mr. Kang, our butler suddenly said.

“Maybe. I don’t know.” I said and started to walk.

“I think he cares for you, even though you two just met.” He informed me.

“You think so?”

“Yes. As expected from Mr. Kim’s son. No wonder he was always favored by your Dad.”

“What do you mean?”

“When you were younger, a lot of businessmen were proposing arranged marriage with you and their sons but your Dad has always favored Mr. Kim’s son.”

“Oh, I think I’ll know the reason, in a few days.” I said before I finally entered my room.

“Good Night, Ahjushi.”

“Have good sleep, Agashi”

When my parents died, there were only three people who comforted and have been there for me. It was Mr. Kim, Jonghyun’s dad, Mr. Kang, our butler and Taeyeon, my best friend.

Even the people whom I considered friends, aside from Taeyeon have tried to fool me for money. I have been fooled all my life but after my parent’s death was the worst.

A lot of greedy businessmen surrounded me. They either want to marry me or harass me to have an agreement with the company.

Mr. Kim has protected me from those people. I know I can trust him because he’s been a close friend of my father even before I was born. And I know he’s not using me to marry his son because it was my father’s will to have me marry Jonghyun.

Mr. Kang has always been there to make me feel less lonely at home. He talks to me, comfort me, and the same time protected from people who suddenly barge in our house.

  Taeyeon isn’t there personally but she calls me every single day, to check on me and to talk to me. I know it’s difficult for her because she’s in London and because of the time difference, but it didn’t matter to her, which actually makes me feel important.

Right now, I’m wishing that Jonghyun could also become one of them, one of the people I trust the most.

I was closing my eyes when suddenly, my phone rang.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Sica!” said the familiar voice on the other line.

“Taengo!” I said. It was my bestfriend, Taeyeon.

“So, how was it? How was he? Did you like him? Is he good looking?”

“Yah, taengo! Please ask one question at a time.”

“Sorry, sorry! So, how was it?”

 “It’s okay. I met him and he’s okay.”

“Is he good looking?”

“He’s okay.”

“Is he cool?”

“Yeah, a little.”

“Tell me more about him!” Taeyeon whined.

“Uhm, I think he’s okay.”

“YAH! That’s all you can say? That he’s okay? Can you tell me a little detail on what happened today so that I won’t think that I’ve wasted money for this overseas call?” She whined again.

“I don’t know what to tell you.”

“Just tell me what happened!”

“At first, I hated him. I saw him half right on our first meeting and he sent me home.”

“WOW! That was.. wow.”

“And we fought almost the whole time that we were together.” I added.

“I can’t wait to meet him.”

“Meet him? You’re going home?” I asked, hoping to hear the word I wanted to hear.

“Yes! I’m going home and I’m transferring school!” She excitedly said. I smiled happily. I can’t believe that I’m finally seeing her!

“When? And what school?”

“My flight is 3 days from now. And I’m transferring to Wonyang High School.”

“Wonyang? What kind of school is that?” I asked. I never heard of that school ever.

“It’s somewhere in Changnam-dong.”

“Should I transfer too?”

“I won’t force you but it’ll be great if you would!” Taengo said.

“Alright. I’ll ask Mr. Kang about it.”

“Sica, I have to go now. I’ll see you soon! I miss you!”

“Bye Taengo! See you and I miss you too!” I said and dropped the call.

I was really happy that day. I experienced all kinds of happiness in just one day. I hope the days to come would be the same.

*****************************************************************************************************************

A/N

Sorry for updating this late. Comment and Subscribe. :)