Home

Love between Fire and Ice

Jonghyun’s POV

“I’m already here, so you won’t be lonely anymore.” I said and smiled.

“Really?” She asked with blank expression at all. This girl really doesn’t have any emotions!

“I’m a lot more worried, now that you’re here.” She said without looking at me.

Here she goes again, trying to piss me off.

“What? Why?”

“I have this feeling that you will bring me to disaster.” She answered with a smile on her face.

And that made me feel uneasy.

ICE PRINCESS JUST SMILED AT ME. And she looks really, really beautiful, if I may add.

But her beauty wouldn’t change the fact that she, in some way or another, insulted me.

“Oh please, I promise you. I wouldn’t let anyone hurt you, except me.” I said and grinned.

With that, Ice Princess changed back her expression to blank and stood up.

“If you promise to protect me, why not start by sending me home?”

“Alright, where’s your car?” I asked as I stood up and faced her.

“It’s probably in our house by now.”

“Uh, where do you live? Let’s take the bus.”

“Hannam-Dong. I don’t ride those stinky modes of transportation. Let’s take the cab.”

“Do you have money?”

“As you can see, I didn’t bring my bag.” She answered sarcastically.

Though I was sure that I didn’t bring my wallet, I still checked my pocket for luck. And then, I took out whatever was inside my pocket. To my surprise, there was money. I gladly check how much it was and once again, I was surprise because it was only 20,000 won.

“I guess that’s enough for a cab.” She said.

“Cab? Yah! With this, we can only afford to ride the bus.”

“But I don’t want to take the bus.”

“Then you walk.”

“I don’t want to walk.”

“Would you rather stay in our house and sleep in my room?” I said as I grinned.

HAHAHA! I love the idea. Even though I truly hate her attitude, I still know she can’t resist my charm.

“EW! I’d rather take the bus.” She said and walked away.

Okay, maybe she can resist my charm. But it won’t last long. BWAHAHA

JESSICA’S POV

It smells, it’s dirty and most of all, it’s really uncomfortable. How can people actually stand riding this kind of thing? EW. I hate it.

I rode the bus only once in my entire life and that’s because a friend forced me to. But after that incident, she never forced me again. Maybe because she hated it too, it was our very first bus ride and definitely memorable because of the smell and mess.

The bus that Dino guy and I took was full, but there was an empty seat near the window, so I immediately took it. Dino head was standing right next to me.

When the bus came to its next stop, more people came in and that includes an old lady.

Because there was no empty seat anymore, the old lady had to stand up. I took a glimpse of that lady and didn’t mind her at all. Then suddenly, Jonghyun kicked my foot. I angrily glared at him and was surprised when he was giving me some signals.

“What?” I whispered.

“Stand up.”

“Why? I came in first!”

“YAH!!” He angrily yelled.

I angrily stood up from seat and positioned myself right next to him. Jonghyun then gave the seat to the old lady.

The bus then suddenly moved, which caught me off-guard. I wasn’t holding on to anything that time. When I was about to fall, Jonghyun suddenly grabbed my waist and caught me.

“Yah, are you okay?” He asked.

“Y-yes.” I answered nervously and composed myself.

At first I think that Jonghyun is just a good-for-nothing guy, but now, I think I’m starting to change my mind.

When the bus came to the next stop, almost all of the people were moving out of the bus and that includes the old lady. When she was about to go, she smiled happily to Jonghyun and to me, then she said, “thank you.”

It literally touched my heart. It was the first time, after a few years that someone actually said those words with outmost sincerity.

“You’re welcome!” I said happily. I then took the seat while grinning.

“Are you that happy?” Jonghyun suddenly said as he took the seat beside me.

My smile immediately faded away. I felt really embarrassed. I’ve never allowed anyone to see me happy these past few years but now that I felt really happy, why does it has to be him to witness it all?

“No. I’m actually quite sad.” I said, sarcastically.

“You were smiling earlier. It’s as if you’ve won the lottery.”

“I don’t need to win the lottery.”

“I said, ‘as if’.”

“I don’t even know how it feels like to win a lottery. So, how could you compare it to me?”

“grrr. I don’t want to argue with you anymore.” He said and sat quietly.

I placed my attention towards the city lights that we were passing by. I suddenly asked myself, why did I not enjoy this one before? I’ve been passing through this road every single day of my life but I have never appreciated its beauty before.

I was appreciating the beauty of the night silently when suddenly something heavy was placed over my shoulder.

My eyes suddenly dilated. I knew what it was but I don’t want to admit that I’m right.

I took a look at my side and confirmed that I’m in fact, right. Jonghyun placed his head over my shoulder to sleep.

I froze. I didn’t know what to do that time. I’m afraid the he would be angry if I move his head away from my shoulder.

Wait, when did I start caring about his temper?

Fortunately, the next stop was already our stop. So, when the bus stopped, Jonghyun immediately woke up. And as soon as he took his head away from my shoulder, I stood up from my seat and walked away from him.

I walked really, really fast just to get away from him. I didn’t know why, but my heart started to beat really fast.

“Hey! Wait up.” Jonghyun called me but I didn’t listen, instead, I doubled my pace.

I really, really feel uncomfortable now. I feel like my heart is about to burst when he’s around. And I don’t know why.

“Yah! Jessica!” He said and grabbed my arm.

“What’s wrong? Why are you walking so fast?” he asked. I can feel his sincerity but I don’t want to be moved.

“N-nothing.” I stuttered.

“You’re even stuttering. Are you really okay?”

“Yes. I just want to go home.” I said and started to move.

“Which of this is your house?” He asked while taking a look at the few houses in our neighborhood.

“that one.” I said and pointed our house.

“Woah! It’s really big!”

“it’s boring.”

“You live alone?”

I nodded. I feel really sad every time I’m reminded of that fact.

“In that big house?!”

“Yes.” I answered back.

JONGHYUN’S POV

As soon as we arrived, the gates immediately opened and the guards immediately bowed.

I never actually thought that she’s this rich.

When we were finally inside their house, my amazement doubled. The interior design was superb and the number of maids was awesome.

Everyone bowed at us, and that includes an old man, who seemed to be the butler.

“Good Evening, Miss Jessica and Mr. Jonghyun.” He said.

I wondered why he knew me but I don’t want to know why.

“Did you have your dinner?” He asked casually.

“Yes.” She answered briefly and walked towards the stairs.

And because I really didn’t know what to do, I just followed her.

After a few seconds of walking, we finally entered towards a room which was three times the size of my bedroom.

And I thought I had the biggest room among all my friends.

“I think it would be kind of you to bring us some snacks.” Jessica said towards the butler.

“Right away.” He said and then walked out of the room.

“Is this your room?” I asked while taking a look.

“Yes. You’re the first guy who entered here.” She said as she sat comfortably on her chair.

“really? That’s good. I should be the only one who’s allowed to enter here.” I said and grinned.

“Please don’t take our marriage the wrong way. I’m just marrying you because I have to.”

“I’m marrying you because I’m forced to.”

“its mutual then.” She said.

“What’s mutual?”

“That we’re marrying just because of business.”

“Right.”

“So, let’s make a business out of this business. I’m proposing a contract marriage.” She said, which caught me off guard.

“What?”

“Let’s sign a contract with reasonable benefits for both of us. Doesn’t it sound great?”

I really don’t know why, but there’s something in me that don’t want to do something like contract marriage. It was as if I’m hoping something real could possibly happen.

Grr, what am I thinking?

******************************************************************************************************************

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! :)