CHAPTER 9

Revenge or Matchmaking?

Suzy went to music. Alone. This was the only class she had without anyone of her friends. And that was very rare. Since there were eight of them. And she had it with Myungsoo, which was somehow considered good, but also bad a few ways. For starters, she could continue with the revenge, but there was no one to guide her.

On the second day of school, she was assigned at the seat next to Myungsoo’s which was a coincidence. Then, he didn’t really give her much attention, but now there were people swarming from all directions giving gifts to the new queenka. But it was different now, because Myungsoo had eyes especially for her. He was so dedicated into breaking her heart that he even dumped all his girls. He wanted to play her so badly for some reason, he didn’t know why. He was just attracted to her somehow.

The teacher walked into the room and clapped her hands for silence. She was one of those average teachers, not so mean, but not so nice either. She started off class.

“Now it’s time for your performance assignment! This year it’ll be in duets, boy and girl. You can play an instrument or sing, your choice between the two of you.”

The class groaned at the arrival of a new assignment.

“Can we choose who we are with?”

A random girl in class asked, her eyes straight at Myungsoo.

“No. They will be randomly chosen by me.

Jonghyun and Sekyung.

Junhyung and Hara.

Hyunseung and Hyuna.

And…

Myungsoo and Suzy.

And NO you may not trade groups. Your assignment is due in three weeks from today and you will be performing in this period. You may start.”

Suzy walked towards Myungsoo. Their classmates gushed. Kingka and queenka together? That’s going to be the only person I will ship with Myungsoo/Suzy…

Myungsoo broke the awkward silence in between them.

“Annyeong, Myungsoo imnida.”

“Annyeonghaseo. Suzy imnida.”

Suzy tried to keep a straight, unamused face because she was told by Min that he liked feisty girls, but still act all ‘special and different’ so he would ‘remember you’.

She wondered where she would be right now, if she hadn’t met Fei, Min and Jia. Probably at work. But now that she decided to help her unnies she had to quit all jobs, including the café and the club so she could continue her studies. She had a worthy sum of money saved up already so she didn’t have to worry about running out.

Myungsoo broke her out of the trance.

“So what do you do in music?”

“I sing.”

“Ok then, let’s do a duet.”

“Any songs in mind then?”

Suzy pretended to look at her nails intensively.

“How about ‘Love you Like You’ with L and Yerim?”

“But wasn’t the guys part totally retarted and such? His voice sounded so urghh.”

Suzy shuddered.

Myungsoo gave a small scowl. Suzy would be a tough nut to crack. If he had asked anyone else, they’d either be all over him, or even pretend to shyly say yes, not just in and say the song was total crap.

“I compose too. I have another song in mind.”

~

Suzy didn’t show it but she was impressed. In front of her was Myungsoo’s composition. It was flawless and she couldn’t badmouth it at all. Moreover, the lyrics totally contradicted his personality. It would make more sense if he was sung to though. All she could do was nod. Impress her, check.

“Let’s try it out.”

Hyuna (4Minute) & Jang Hyun Seung (Beast)듣기싫은말The Words I Don't Want to Hear 
Trouble Maker

Forgive me just today
Bear with me, like you always do
Whenever you get mad
Whenever you keep doing it
I’m really sorry, uh-

Whenever you do this to me
You don’t know that we’re getting further apart
Don’t cry with a sad face on anymore
I’ll never be in a love like this, ever

You’re using the excuses that I hate the most
A person like you
Is someone that I should never meet
Never happen, never love

Do you not know me yet?
How much I love you?
You’re the only one for me, you’re enough for me
If you give me one more chance to me

You trick me with the same words each time
You tighten my heart each time
We don’t match anymore
I don’t want to cry anymore, no-

You’re using the excuses that I hate the most
A person like you
Is someone that I should never meet
Never happen, never love

I don’t want to lose you
I know this is the only thing I can say
You’re saying the things that I hate to hear the most again

You’re using the excuses that I hate the most
A person like you
Is someone that I should never meet
Never happen, never love

 

Both Suzy and Myungsoo were surprised at each other’s sweet voices.

 

Another reason to play her.

No wonder so many people fall for him.

~

Every class that Suzy and Myungsoo had together afterwards was filled with a seducing Suzy and a watching Myungsoo. The others, on seeing this praised Suzy and continued helping her and giving her advice time to time.

Suzy had become especially close to Sungjong and were pretty much best friends by now by the looks of it. Suzy no longer was annoyed by his constant calls of noona or his attempts to annoy her purposely.

Myungsoo and Suzy though, were on talking basis every now and then. They would talk as classmates though and they wouldn’t associate with each other otherwise.