CHAPTER 24

Revenge or Matchmaking?

 

Wonho fumbled with his bags, shoving them into the bus compartment before boarding on. He frowned at the condition of the bus. It looked old and it need of repair. And was that…water in the window? He leaned in to look closer, realizing that there were two layers of glass for the windows and a sea of water in between which rocked and waved when the bus moved. Oh well, at least he’d have something to look at.

Wonho didn’t dare to sleep – he’d probably sleep past the toilet breaks. And he admitted; he had a ‘fantastic’ bladder. He slipped a pair of earphones into his ears, making the volume as loud as he could without breaking his eardrums.

Wonho tapped the seat in front of him in time with the music, which somehow disturbed a boy that sat in front of him. He looked no older than thirteen. He turned around and glared at him, making Wonho stop. He sighed at him and turned to continue to stare at the window.

Wonho’s thoughts wondered off to Suzy. Would she finally realize that Fei had bad intentions on her and that she was pregnant – and most importantly, with his boyfriend he had just gotten back together with. He hadn’t really believed it – Fei was still in school, so it was quite unnatural that a person that age would have done something like that.

Was it better if he hadn’t told Suzy anything at all? He shook his head, forcing himself to believe that he had done something that was good to her – in a way. Wonho sighed again, realizing that thinking of Suzy was no use anymore; he had stripped himself of almost everything of Seoul.

Wonho was always an independent person, but now that he had begun to rely on people, he was now the weak person that hardly anyone knew. Now he just had to accept that Suzy would never be his.

He arrived in Busan and took a deep breath, hopping off the bus. Wonho took a small, crumpled post-it note from his pocket and read it out to the taxi driver, who nodded and sped off.

Arriving at a small apartment, Wonho fumbled with his keys, opening the door clumsily, due to the amout of baggage he had.

He explored around the apartment, nodding at his parents’ smart choice of an apartment. It looked very empty – but he could fix that. Wonho was already lucky that his parents had gotten the furniture delivered in the house for him.

Tired, from sleepless bus trip, he lied on the bed face-down and buried his face in the mattress. He fell asleep almost immediately, but after he wondered again how Suzy was doing.

~

Suzy walked out of the café in disbelief and shock. Myungsoo wouldn’t have done something like that – would he? Walking towards the food court of the nearby shopping mall, she tried to forget the thoughts and think – her first date with Myungsoo after getting back together again.

Suzy sat on a table with a tray of curry and rice, while she waited for Myungsoo to arrive. She began to grow impatient after realizing that he still hadn’t come, even after she had finished her food.

Suzy took out her phone to check the time – he was an hour late already. She sighed and tried to stay calm, but failed and resorted to going to Myungsoo’s home.

Before she could raise her fist to knock on the door, it suddenly opened, almost causing Suzy to fall back in surprise. In front of her was a surprised Fei. She smirked at her, not saying a word and left before Suzy could react and question what she was doing there.

She caught the front door before it closed and she walked in, her eyes searching for Myungsoo. Finding nobody home in the bottom level, she went upstairs, hoping to find him in his room. Suzy opened the doors slowly, trying not to make a sound. She knew she had failed after hearing a creak.

“Why didn’t you come?” Suzy looked at him with an exasperated expression. Myungsoo walked up to her and cupped her face, kissing her with a bit of force. She froze for a few seconds, then pulled away and pushed away the want to slap him – she had more important things to say.

But before any words could come out, she noticed the tears forming in the back of Myungsoo’s eyes. Suzy hesitated for less than a second, but she fought it with her anger and confidence.

“Is it true…that Fei unnie is pregnant?” Myungsoo nodded slowly, feeling that he couldn’t lie to her anymore. “Is that why she was here? So you ditched me for her?”

“Please Suzy…it was in the past. I was a bastard back then – I admit. Suzy, please, don’t leave me.”

“I don’t want to. But how am I supposed to win over a child?! Your child! Think of how upset he or she will be, knowing that they’re an accident. Maybe this was never supposed to work out – Myungsoo, I’m disappointed.”

Suzy walked out of his bedroom, sighing. She headed for the front door, but was held behind by a grip on her hand. Knowing it was Myungsoo, she fought out of it and headed to the closest room and locked the door, keeping him out.

Suzy looked at her surroundings, then realizing that she was now trapped in his bathroom. She heard a few pounds on the door and a few desperate cries of her name. She ignored them and sat on the cold, tiled floor, letting her tears hit them.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N What are your thoughts of Shin? ^^

Cinderella's Sister ft. Kris, Luhan, (Kai, Suho)

People change. Kim Minjoo learnt it the hard way – unknowingly changing herself. How could one modify their lives so much that everyone seems to be affected by it?

Kim Minjoo was a mature, sophisticated girl, even when her mother re-married and she had a new stepfather and stepsister. But how can she cope when her perfect stepsister seems to be taking everything away from her?

"You've changed...for the worse."