CHAPTER 13

Revenge or Matchmaking?

“Told you Myungsoo and Suzy were going to get together!”

“They’re a match made in heaven omg.”

“Suzy’s so lucky to have Myungsoo.”

“Myungsoo’s so lucky to have Suzy”

“Hand over the 20,000 won.”

News spread quickly at school. The two didn’t even have to worry about jealous admirers, because the whole school pretty much shipped the two together.

~

Min patted Suzy on the shoulder.

“You’re getting closer Suzy-ah. Stay strong. For us.”

Sungjong however was a bit worried. Having a bit of experience of Myungsoo’s life, he had a reason to be.”

“Just be careful Suzy. Be very careful.”

~

It didn’t take too long for the two to act very romantically around each other. In the beginning it was a tad awkward, but all of it was gone.

“Thanks for walking me to school today, oppa.”

“I walk you to school every day. You should stop saying the same thing every morning. Out of ideas already?”

Suzy punched his elbow and gave him a pissed off face.

“Fine I’m sorry! I’ll pay you back with a date tonight.”

“That’s what you say everytime! You run out of ideas too!”

“But admit it. You love those dates.”

Suzy used all her strength to make herself blush. When she realized she wasn’t succeeding, she turned her head and gagged in her mind. Myungsoo, however now found it easier to talk to Suzy. I’m just improving on my acting.

“Come to the ice-skating rink. Sunday. Your house at 10”

He winked and left swiftly.

I’ll make a move then.

“But oppa! I can’t skate, goddammit!”

But Myungsoo was already halfway down the hallway and amongst all the people, she couldn’t be heard. She sighed and went to class.

~

Suzy sat down on their usual lunch table. Woohyun and Jia were somehow engrossed in talking, only joining into our conversations whenever, Fei still wasn’t back from China yet, Sunggyu’s personality wasn’t exactly talkative (but he always got along with Fei. They were best friends), so she usually talked to Min and Sungjong.

“I’m going on another date on Sunday. Sorry.”

“Saturday. Please say you’re free Saturday. I really need help in Science”, said Min.

“Yeah. I can come”, Suzy said in reply.

Sungjong interrupted the girls’ conversing.

“Date? Again. Suzy, I can’t stress it enough. He’s going slowly on you to break your heart. Be careful.”

Suzy rolled her eyes.

“How many times have you said that exactly Sungjong?”

“I’m sorry. I’m just worried for you.”

~

“We’re going somewhere special later. Look forward to it!”

Myungsoo smiled at the scowling Suzy.

“Oppa! How many times did I tell you on the phone I couldn’t skate?!”

“Not to worry. I’ll teach you!”

“But I don’t trust you!”

“Admit it! You love me!”

“I-I love you.”

Suzy still had trouble saying those words. It wasn’t hard to say. It was just the fact she didn’t love Myungsoo.

“Here I’ll help.”

Myungsoo reached out and helped Suzy untie her knotted laces, and then he tied them. He held out his hand with a bright smile and Suzy accepted it.

Every now and then, Suzy wobbled dangerously and Myungsoo was the one that helped her straighten up. And as he said, he did teach her how to skate.

“Slowly, Suzy, slowly.”

But Suzy wasn’t perfect. Suzy was still pretty much hopeless, after a while, so she just gave up and held her arm around Myungsoo’s.

“Oppa. You said we were going somewhere special…?”

“Oh yes. I wouldn’t forget that. Come, let’s go.”

~

“Why the heck do you need to cover my eyes?”

“Duh. Surprise.”

When the hands, left Suzy’s eyes, she saw exactly what she saw on their first date. The picnic.

“Sorry for the wait in the car. Had to prepare the mats.”

Suzy didn’t want to admit, but Myungsoo was good. Very good. She had no experience against him. How exactly was she supposed to break his heart?