CHAPTER 19

Revenge or Matchmaking?

 

“You’re pregnant? What does that have to do with me?”

Although Myungsoo’s words were trying to be brave, he knew what she meant. He was white at the thought, but he wanted to deny it.

“Myungsoo…you’re the father.”

Myungsoo wanted to cry. All his mistakes; he had to pay.

“What do you want me to do?”

“What do you think?”

Fei was clearly annoyed by Myungsoo’s ignorance. He could feel it, but he still wished he didn’t.

“I’m-I’m sorry.”

“Just promise me one thing.”

“Yes...?”

“It’s your responsibility too. I’ll keep it quiet for now, but I refuse to go through this alone.”

Myungsoo couldn’t think at this moment. Although it had happened before, the girl had agreed to abort; they were still very young after all. He was still considered young, but old enough to be responsible for what he was doing. And this time round, karma was doing everything so that Suzy would never be his.

But he still felt he deserved it. Every blow. I was stupid; this is what I get now. But he would do anything for his pain to be over. And for that to happen, he had to be selfish, just one more time.

“Fei, I-I can’t do this. I’m sorry.”

No sooner had he spoken, he felt Fei’s hand meet his cheek. Her face showed more than pain, probably more than Myungsoo would ever feel. But Myungsoo was surprised when Fei spoke her next words.

“I’ll make you mine. Just you wait. I’m pregnant with our child and you can’t do anything about it. I’ll make you mine.”

She gave Myungsoo no time to reply; she was already halfway to the door.

Myungsoo, what have you done?

Suzy, on the other hand, was still suspicious about Fei. Like when they first met after a long time, she was shaky and observant of everything. She hardly spoke and she continued to gain weight. Everyone had noticed this, but nobody had the guts to point that out; she was very insecure. The day Min had pointed it out, she had probably starved herself for a while.

Suzy didn’t think about Myungsoo a lot; she didn’t feel the need to. But when she did see him, she couldn’t help but feel the need to be near him. She missed him. Or maybe it was the longing to be loved.

What did Fei mean by “I’ll make you mine.”? Myungsoo was clueless. Did she really mean it, or was she just lost in her anger? Myungsoo didn’t understand if she meant it, though. It just wouldn’t make sense. She had his heart broken by a friend, after all. He soon concluded that she was just confused with her frustration at him.

She must hate me. But I shan’t make this go to waste.

The next day, Suzy found a bouquet of flowers in her locker. She was surprised at first, but she then rolled her eyes after seeing ‘Myungsoo’ on the tag. Is he stupid, or just desperate? With a sigh, she threw the tulips into the nearest bin. The school should really get lockers. With actual locks.

Myungsoo lowered his head in shame seeing Suzy throw away the flowers. It was her favourite, tulips.

“Suzy-ah, do you like roses?”

“Why the hell are you asking something so stupidly random?”

“Just curious.”

“Well I guess no. I got pricked by a thorn before. Maybe the reason why roses are red is because of the blood that comes out so often after you touch it. I can’t understand why it’s a sign of romance.”

“So what do you like?”

“Tulips. Definitely tulips.”

“Why so?”

“I don’t really need a reason. They’re just…pretty.”