CHAPTER 11

Revenge or Matchmaking?

"At least hyung, your grease will come to use!”

Sungjong's words had no effect on Woohyun, as he continued hitting Sungjong with a pillow.

“I know this was your idea.”

“But hyung, what’s so bad about seeing you confess? Aish!”

Min got impatient at the fighting boys and attempted to separate them. After a while she succeeded.

“Yah! Fei unnie wants to say something.”

“Guys…I don’t know how you’ll react, but I’m leaving to China with my parents for a short holiday. My parents need to do business there.”

Sunjong stopped shielding himself from Woohyun's hits.

“Bwoh?! When?”

“Next week.”

Suzy slapped Fei’s arm playfully and gave her a look.

“Why didn’t you tell us earlier?”

“Mianhae. I only knew yesterday anyway. Dad’s company crap is cheaper there apparently. I was only half listening anyway.”

Min gave Fei a sarcastic face.

“Well I hope you have fun!”

Suzy looked at Fei with an unreadable expression.

“But we’ll be sure to send you off unnie!”

“Thanks Suzy. But I have to go home early to pack. I’ll be at school tomorrow though.”

As soon as Fei closed to door, Suzy almost fell off the chair at Sungjong’s yells.

“MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE.”

He held up two cd packages. One was a romantic comedy while the other was horror.

“Romantic for the lovebirds.”

He sighed seeing Jia’s head leaning on Woohyun’s shoulder. It was obvious Jia really liked Woohyun and she now realized it. On Sungjong’s reaction, Jia laughed and Woohyun teasingly kissed her cheek, making Sungjong pretend to vomit. Min however started poking Suzy and pointing at the couple.

“You’d better be like that with Myungsoo by next semester Suzy-ah.”

“Yah unnie. Don’t expect so much.”

~

The movie, being a romantic comedy was obviously romantic and comedic. Sungjong was the one that started clapping his hands like a seal and laughing hysterically at the funny parts. So was Sunggyu. However, in the romantic parts Sungjong looked away while Sunggyu sat like an awkward turtle. Suzy and Min just enjoyed the film. Jia and Woohyun…let’s just say that they enjoyed the film the most.

~

Min smiled at Fei when they broke their hug.

“Unnie-ah, I’ll miss you. Take care and hurry back.”

Fei nodded in response as she went on to hug everyone else.

“NOONAAA!”

Sungjong started fake crying and Fei giggled.

Jia rolled her eyes at Sungjong.

“Aish. Just stop it already Sungjong.”

Woohyun nodded.

"Yeah. Stop it.”

“Oppa! You don’t have to copy everything I say you know.”

“I know. I just want to.”

Jia softened and they smiled at each other. Sungjong instantly stopped ‘crying’ and ‘backed away slowly’.

“Suzy-ah. Can I speak to you alone?”

Fei left with Suzy to another corner left the arguments between Sungjong and the couple.

“Stay healthy unnie. Good luck.”

“I just really wanted to thank you for doing this revenge thing. You didn’t have to, yet you did. I’m rooting for you! Hwaiting!”

She held up her fist and Suzy raised hers too.

~

“Jia and I are going to Lotte World on Saturday. It’s Valentines Day.”

“It’s where all couples go, don’t they?”

Sungjong, after hearing the worlds ‘Lotte World’ interrupted Jia almost instantly.

“I’m coming. I’m coming. I’m coming. And there’s nothing you can do to make me not go.”

Jia gave Sungjong a mini glare.

“We were asking if you’d like to come with us.”

“Well not exactly with us. As in like come as well on the same day. It’s still a date for us.”

“Then what’s the point of me coming?”

“Well…none of us have been to Lotte World…”

“Seriously?! It’s awesome. Damn, you should have known what you were missing…”

“Any of you guys want to come as well?”

Min shook her head.

“Nup. Going to Busan to visit my grandma.”

Sunggyu nodded signaling he could go.

“Suzy?”

“Oh. I’m asking Myungsoo out for Valentines. It’s been a while. I’m going to make the first move.”

The others nodded, understanding Suzy’s intentions.

~

It was the day before Valentines. This year Valentines fell on the weekend, so Friday was the day you’d ask. After Fei left, the three got more popular, especially Suzy, due to the fanboys changing ‘bias’. They all scared away the confessions getting shot towards them, especially Suzy. Jia wasn’t sought after so much anymore, due to Woohyun’s random death threats. He was a fighter, after all.

Suzy had her Valentines ask all planned out. She even tried it out on Min.

“No no no! Pretend to blush when you ask him! He doesn’t like girls that are too bold. It ruins the spark.”

But before she had a chance to ask Myungsoo out, so received a note on the desk at the end of class. Looking up, she saw Myungsoo walking past and in front of her, out of the classroom. From where she was sitting, she could see his lips tugging up on the sides. She opened the folded piece of paper.

Meet me at the rooftop balcony. Lunch.

Myungsoo.