Chapter 30

My Beautiful Target

 

 

 

 


The following day was finally the singing club showcase and Woohyun and Sunggyu were busy backstage preparing to go on.  By some miracle they had made it through a few more painfully awkward practices together and now was finally the time that they had been working so long and hard for.  When it was almost their turn they went to go and stand by the side of the stage and waited to be told to go on.  

“Sunggyu-hyung let’s do our best, fighting!” Woohyun whispered loudly smiling slightly at Sunggyu.  

Sunggyu just gave him a slight nod in agreement and Woohyun pursed his lip to keep from frowning and gave him a slight nod back.  Sunggyu didn’t miss this however and let out a silent sigh when he felt an uncomfortable feeling in his chest.  

“AND UP NEXT WE HAVE KIM SUNGGYU AND NAM WOOHYUN SINGING EXO-K’S ‘WHAT IS LOVE’!” the mc announced and Sunggyu and Woohyun each took a deep breath before stepping out onto the stage.  

Sunggyu and Woohyun moved to their positions on the stage and as soon as the music started, they both started to sing.  Thankfully their performance went smoothly and as the song came to an end the audience exploded with applause and cheering.  

--

After the whole showcase was done, everyone there went to the party that the president and vice president of the singing club and the dancing club had decided to throw at their house to celebrate the accomplishments the their clubs.  Sunggyu and Woohyun both went to the party with their respective friend groups but soon after they got there they separated with the two couples running off hand in hand.  This left both Sunggyu and Woohyun alone so Sunggyu decided to step out onto the porch, where there weren’t any loud drunk people or loud music, to get some fresh air.  Sunggyu was standing on the porch leaning against the railing when he heard the front door open.  When he turned he saw to his horror that unfortunately for him Woohyun had gotten the same idea as he had.  

“Ah there you are Sunggyu-hyung,” Sunggyu heard Woohyun say and immediately turned his back to him leaning on the railing again.  

‘W-was he looking for me?’ Sunggyu thought worriedly to himself but his question was automatically answered when Woohyun continued with a “I was looking all over for you.”  

“Hyung can we talk?  I really don’t want to leave things like how they are now forever,” Woohyun asked sadly trying to hide the desperation in his voice but Sunggyu didn’t respond so he continued, “Or at least if you’re not going to talk to me about it will you just hear me out?”  

Sunggyu sighed tiredly but stayed where he was without looking back at Woohyun but since he didn’t leave, Woohyun took that as a sign that he was agreeing to hear him out.  

“Well to put it simply I guess the reason that I kissed you back when we were practicing was because...I love you Sunggyu-hyung,” Woohyun said the last part quickly and looked down feeling his face start to burn with embarrassment.  

Sunggyu’s eyes snapped open in shock and he felt as if his heart had stopped for a second.  

“Y-y-you what?!?” Sunggyu exclaimed shocked actually turning around and looking at Woohyun this time.  

“I love you,” Woohyun said more confidently this time looking Sunggyu straight in the eyes.  

“N-no you-you can’t,” Sunggyu stuttered out not wanting to believe what he had just heard.  

“Why?  Why can’t I?” Woohyun asked completely confused.  

“Because do you even know who I am?” Sunggyu asked exasperatedly and Woohyun just shook his head.  “I’m Kim Sunggyu, my family owns the optometry clinic that rivals your family’s one.  My father hates your family he would be so mad if he knew even that we were partners for the singing club showcase.  You’re a Nam you can’t love me.”  

“Who cares if I’m a Nam or not,” Woohyun replied surprisingly calmly.  “For what’s Nam? it is nor hand, nor foot, Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part Belonging to a man.  What’s in a name? that which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet.”  

Sunggyu looked at him blankly before suddenly bursting out into laughter.  

“A-are you quoting Shakespeare?”  Sunggyu said laughing so hard he could barely speak.  “That’s extremely cheesy even for you!”  

“Hey give me some credit it took a lot of effort to memorize that!” Woohyun said jokingly but then his tone suddenly turned to a serious one as he stepped closer to Sunggyu and put his hands on his shoulders catching him off guard.  “But seriously hyung that’s how I really feel...Please just forget about how your dad feels for a second and think: how do you feel?”  

Sunggyu froze when he heard the last thing that Woohyun said since it was almost the exact same thing that Dongwoo had told him before.  He then made the mistake of looking at Woohyun who was looking back at him pleadingly and he automatically felt his heart clench in his chest.  Sunggyu knew what the solution to the problem was and quickly, before he could think too hard about it and stop himself, leaned forward towards Woohyun cupping his face in his hands and planted a soft kiss on his lips.  Woohyun’s eyes popped wide open in shock but he quickly realized what was going on and closed his eyes and kissed back.  When they separated Sunggyu pulled Woohyun into a tight hug.  

“I-I l-love you too,” Sunggyu whispered softly into Woohyun’s ear.  “And...I don’t care what anybody thinks about it...”

Woohyun felt his face heat up even more and smiled relief washing over him as he  hugged Sunggyu even tighter.   After they separated from their hug they sat on the swinging chair on the porch together fingers intertwined and their heads resting on each other.  

“Don’t worry about what our families think about this I know for sure that we’ll be fine,” Woohyun said giving Sunggyu’s hand a light squeeze.  

“And how do you know that?” Sunggyu questioned gazing down at Woohyun’s face.  

“Because our love is stronger than anything right?” Woohyun said smiling at him brightly.  

“You greasy cheese ball!” Sunggyu said laughing.  “How long are you going to be like this?”  

“Forever just for you~” Woohyun replied grinning and sending a flying heart to Sunggyu.  

Sunggyu just smiled and pulled Woohyun closer planting a kiss on his forehead.  

‘You’re right Woohyun.  Whatever obstacles we’re going to have to face in the future about us being together we’ll get through them...together...’


--------

And here’s chapter 30 the long awaited woogyu chapter!!!!!!

First off i’m so so so so so so extremely sorry that it took so long for this to be posted!!! I blame my history teacher who decided it would be a great idea to have there be an oral presentation the monday after the friday midterm -_- so i was working on that all weekend...

But anyway enough of that but YAY FINALLY WOOGYU GOT TOGETHER!!!!! I was so excited to write this chapter and i hope that you all like it! ^-^

Sadly there’s only one more chapter left now and it’s a final wrap up chapter which will include all three couples so look forward to it~ ^-~

And lastly this is the last time to put in your feedback on who you want to see coupled with Sungjong!!!!! Hurry and put who you want it to be if you want Sungjong to end up with who you want him to!!!!!!!!

I think that’s about it so see you for the last time next chapter bye bye ^-^/