Ugly Duckling Turned Swan

Ugly Duckling Turned Swan

   "What's the price, Jaejoong?" I asked him nervously.

   "The price is that, if you ever fall in love with a person, if you kiss him, you'll transform back into your old self forever, and I can never make you pretty again."

   "What?" I shrieked, my voice going up eight octaves. "This ! So, I can't even kiss my boyfriend when I get one ....." I thought of Choi Minho. Would I want to kiss him? Would he want to kiss me?

   But I never could.

   Because Choi Minho will never love the old me.

   "Well, thanks for the the tip. Who knows what might happen if you didn't tell me that sooner?"

   Jaejoong bowed. "Whatever helps you, Kim Sun. I'm here until your true desire is found and you obtain your true happiness."

   "Okaaaaay.......well, thanks anyway."

   That night, I tossed and turned, unable to sleep. In my dreams, Choi Minho kissed me and I transformed back into my ugly self, and he laughed and walked away from me. I woke up crying, which confused me.

   Finally, the day when the results were posted arrived. Girls flocked to the building where we had the tryouts to look at the sheet of paper tacked to the wall.

   Jaejoong and I walked up through the crowds of girls, some crying or screaming in anger and disappointment.

   I felt like I was going to throw up. Jaejoong noticed and patted my head. "Don't be nervous, Sun, you'll be fine."

   I couldn't speak, so I just nodded. I noticed Oh Micha in the distance, she looked smug. Guess she got in after all.

   I reached the paper. I held my breath, looked up, and ..............................