My Precious Starlight

One Year Later

 

“Jessica, Wake up!” He shakes me, the light of the fluorescent bulb is so bright, and I cover my hand over my eyes to reduce the glare. “Come on! Breakfast is ready.” He invited me, I suddenly stood up. What? He did this…all? He cooked fried chicken with rice and a hot coffee for breakfast.

“Let’s eat then.” He said, giving me a smile, I’ve never seen him smile like that…to me because every time at school, he is always and with his friends. “So do you have any plans for tomorrow?” he suddenly asked, “for what?”

“Valentine’s Day.”

“Oh, well if my song will be chosen, I will sing my composed song on the school concert tomorrow night.”

“You write a song? Wow can’t wait to hear it. Can you give me a sample?”

He was demanding a sample? If I do it, He’ll know that he’s my inspiration for it, “Ah, it’s hard to sing without a piano, so maybe later at school, just remind me when we get there.” I hope my alibi will work; he shook his head, “okay, I’ll be waiting for it.”  He said.  We continue eating, silence filled the area, “Uh, Jessica I used your washing machine and dryer earlier, because I need to wash my unifo-“

“It’s Okay, treat this as your Home also.” I interrupted, he just smile at me, “Oh! We’ve Got Only One Hour to prepare!” I look at the wall clock, “oh no! We must hurry or we’ll be late!”

“You use the bathroom first, I’ll take care of the dishes.” He thoughtfully said, I stood up and entered my room, and I grab the towel hanged on the wall. He is in the front of the sink, washing it. I move and walk to the bathroom. He knocked on the door, “Jess, can I use your flatiron?” he asked, “Yes you can, by the way are you done with the dishes?”  I asked while undressing myself, “Yup. Just make it fast okay” he said.

                “You have a bike?” he asked in surprise, “Yup, but I don’t use it anymore, because I was traumatized when an accident happened to me before.” He get the bike and brought it outside, “What are you doing?” I asked, “Come on, ride with me.” He’s tapping the carrier “What? You want me to ride on it with you?”

“Of course! Come on, we’re gonna be late!”

“But you know that I’m afraid-“

“You must conquer your fear Jessica; remember you have a song to be passed on sohee!”

He got me; I have no choice but to ride. I sit on it with my legs on the one side, and I wrap my arms across his waist. “Are you ready?” he asked, “What other choice do I have?” I asked, he giggled. He started pedaling; I tightened my arms on his waist, closed my eyes and bury my head on his back

“Relax okay? Don’t squeeze me, and fro you to be comfortable, give me your bag…I’ll put it in the basket.” He said, “I’m sorry” I apologized and gave my bag to him “just make it fast okay?” I added, there’s a hint of fear on my voice,

                I opened my eyes slowly. I see the houses we’re passing by, and the students that are walking on the sidewalk. After 10 years, I’ve experience this once again…thanks to Onew.  I lean my head against his back, and closed my eyes again, now I’m secured that I’m in a good hand. At this moment all I can feel are his warm back, the air that’s touching my legs and my hair waving onto the winds direction.

                “Hey, are sleeping? We’re here already.” He muttered, I opened my eyes, and I see them, staring at us. I take off my arms and stood up; he took my bag from the basket and gave it to me. “You get in first, I’ll park this bike.” He goes so fast, leaving me without looking back oh well! I must go and see sohee right now. I rush through the busy hallway of my beloved school, all of them are busy chatting with each other…oh I’m gonna miss this, next month my batch will graduate and still undecided for what course should I take, I wonder if he’s going to college too? I hope he will

                “Sohee!” I saw her talking to a girl; I guess she’s passing her song or something.  “Why? Jess?”  She turn to me, “Here is my song for the contest.” I gave her the music sheet. She take a glance “Gave this to Mr. Yesung, he’ll play your song on the piano and you’re going to sing it in front of him, okay?” she instructed and gave me the paper back and I run to the music room.

                I saw him preparing to leave the room, “Mr. Yesung, Sohee said that I should pass this to you?”  I said, giving him the paper “oh, yes! Come and sing this for me. I’ll be judging if your song is qualified or not.” He took the paper and move towards the piano. He sits and reviews my song, “My J huh?” he said, his shark look makes me nervous, “Yup, is there any problem sir?”  “Nothing, just sing the Chorus part only.”  I stood straight and take a deep breath; I hope that I could sing it well.

                I met Onew on my way back to the classroom “Oh Jessica! How’s your song jess? ” he asks, “Oh, sohee said that I must sing it in front of Mr. Yesung, and he liked it. He requested me if I compose a song for the prom next week.”

“Really? That’s good news!”

“Yeah I know, that’s why I’ll be busy again“I giggled as we enter the room, everybody is on their own worlds any my girls…they are having a good time laughing on Taeyeon’s place.

                “Hey! What’s going on?” I greeted them, “Well we’re planning a slumber party tonight and you’re going to pick whose house we’re going.” Sunny approached a small box with folded pieces of paper, “What? I’m not going!”

“Come on Jess! It’s the only day we’re all available! And besides the prom is coming closer!” Sooyoung reasoned, I pick a paper on it and Seohyun grabbed it on my hand.  “OH NO! WE’RE SLEEPING ON JESSICA’S HOUSE!!!” Tiffany said loudly, and all of them laughed. “What? No! My house is only small! And…and…and …Oh Never mind! My House is not Available Tonight!” I defended, “Why Jess, are hiding something from us?”  Jonghyun entered our conversation, “What are you talking about jjong?”  Sooyoung interestedly asked, “Why don’t you tell them jess.” He answered, and now they are looking at me. My heart beat so fast “Onew is now residing on her house.” Key entered too, putting his arms over my shoulder. They girls teased me while the other two was laughing so hard. I removed Key’s hand from my shoulder, and gave him an angry look “Why you’re looking at me like that?” Key asked, I slap him so hard that made a loud sound. Everybody was stopped and stares at us, I can’t take it anymore, I bury my face on my hands and run away, going to a place which is so peaceful…The Library.

                I went on the corner part of the library and cry. “Hey why you’re crying?” a familiar voice said, I lift my head up, “Onew?” I wipe off the tears on my face using my hand. “It’s nothing, just go.”

“I don’t believe it’s nothing; please telling me what it is can help me to help you.”

“Well, we’re planning a slumber party tonight then the picked house was mine, I said that it’s not available then Jjong said that am I hiding something the key entered and said that you’re living at my house then they all laugh,  I can’t control my temper, I slap Key so hard. I feel embarrassed from what they did, that’s why I’m crying”

“You know, don’t mind them as long as you’re not doing anything so bad. “

“Oh, Onew do you mind if we could talk to Jessica for a minute.” Yuri said. I look away and wipe the tears on my eyes. Onew stands up and leave

“Jess, are you alright? We’re sorry for what we did. I talked to Key and Jjong to shut their mouth.”

“It’s alright, I just feel embarrassed earlier.”

“Don’t be okay? Just be grateful because they know you for doing something good.” Yoona comforts,

“Let’s go back we have a party to plan!” Hyoyeon blissfully said. Yuri Grabs my hand and pulls me up.

                When we entered the room, it’s just like nothing happened, just the same atmosphere earlier. I saw key agonizing in pain, and Jonghyun is helping him, relieving the pain. We all go back to Taeyeon’s place and talk about the plans for tonight.

                I went home first; I ride on a taxi to get home, because Onew is fixing something on school. I have only 1 hour to clean the house because they’re going here by 6. Seohyun also reminded me to prepare an empty glass bottle for our game tonight; I hope it will be successful.

               “JESSICA WE’RE HERE!” Hyoyeon screams from the outside. They arrived just in time, and they brought lots of food! Especially Sooyoung, She brought 6 Boxes of pizza while Yoona brought 2 Tupperware full of spaghetti, “So are you ready?” Sooyoung said, “Are you excited for the party or for the food?” Yoona said, “Come here you!” We all laugh and she chases Yoona through the door, “Oh! Onew is here!” Sooyoung went back, and Yoona is carrying a blue traveling bag. He looked at me and smiled, I approach him “How did you get your things?” I whispered, “It’s from those four, Jjong said that my uncle already burned my things that’s why they give me a new one.” He muttered, I help him with his things, while my girls are busy preparing for the party.

                “Is it okay for you if we will have a party tonight?” I asked him, “Yeah, I can watch T.V. on the living room while you’re having fun on your room.” He assured, I went to my room and all the food is at the center “Come on jess! Let’s eat!” They invited me; Sunny gave me a plate loaded with spaghetti and pizzas, “Hey! I can’t consume all of these!” I protested, “You can do it! And besides we’ll have lots of things to do tonight!” Tiffany cheered. I’m eating while Yoona tells creepy encounters of hers, oh! He hasn’t eaten anything for dinner. I use Sunny’s extra plate and put spaghetti and a pizza on it, I went out and see him sleeping. I crouch down and put the plate beside him, “Hey Onew, Eat this if you’re hungry okay? Goodnight!” I stare at his face for a moment, no doubt about it he has an angelic face, that’s why I fall in love with him.

                “Hey! Jessica what did you do to Onew huh?” Taeyeon teased, “Oh it’s nothing okay! Come on let’s sleep now!” I commanded, “Before we do that, let’s have some confessions tonight; let’s start with Jessica, The house owner!” Yuri is so not fair. “What if Onew asked you to be his date tomorrow, will you accept it or reject?” she frankly asked, all of them are staring at me, waiting for my answer, I gulp first “of course why not,” all of them scream blissfully, “Hey! He’s sleeping now! Be quiet okay?” I said, “Okay your wish is our command Mrs. Lee” Sooyoung teased, “Oh You!” I throw a pillow on her and all of us laugh.

                It’s already 12:00am when we decided to sleep, but how could I sleep so peacefully when Sooyoung’s arm and leg is on my body! I stood up and silently went out. “Midnight snacks huh?” Onew is awake leaning on the sofa and eating the food I brought him, “Yeah, What about you? You can’t sleep?” I sit beside him,

 “Yeah, Sooyoung’s fault anyway.” He pulls my head to his shoulders, “Here you go, you can take a rest now.” He said. I just follow what he said I closed my eyes and relax my body against him, “Thank you my Starlight.” I murmured.