The Day You said Goodnight

One Year Later

 

"Jessica, do you have paper?" seung ri asked as I enter the room, "for what?" I said, it's so early for paper works, "for my homework"

"But Mr. Kim didn't give any assignments." I said, he just scratch his head and smile, I have no choice but to give him one. "Jess, are you joining the song writing contest?" Yubin asked, she holds a music paper, I think she's going to write today, "yup, is the deadline today?" I asked, seung ri is looked at us, while he leaves, "Nope, the deadline is tomorrow."

"What? Ah, is the music room occupied? Is there someone on the piano?" I’m shaking, of course nervous, I still don't have any idea on it, and What am I suppose to do? "Yeah that's my problem too, they said that there is a piano on the gymnasium's storage room but, you know school stories, they said that there is a ghost so i didn'tgo there anymore." she said. I took a deep breath and still trying to think any ideas about it, "okay I’ll go then, thanks Yubin." I grab my pen and my music paper, and then I leave, moving so swiftly and besides Mr. Kim and the teachers are not going to teach. "Hey jess, is Onew on your house?" Jonghyun barriers his arms, standing beside the door, "yup, how did you know?"

"He called my phone using your phone earlier; I bet you forgot your phone." I suddenly touched my pocket, and I can't feel my phone, "you're right." I said, he moves his head closer to mine, "go with me okay, I’ll fetch Onew later." I look at him, i think his smirk has a deeper meaning, and it’s creepy though. I move away as fast as I could to reach the music room but Suzy is there, I guess I’ll go to the storage room.

The room is indeed scary, spider webs on the ceiling, sports equipments that is covered by dust, and it's too dark to see what I’m going to write.

The piano is not that hard to find, I wipe the keys with the rug I found on the floor as well as the chair, and I open the curtain for more light. The keys are all functioning but there is only one problem, I don't have any ideas about my song. I slide my hand on my pocket, and I feel something odd, I took it out to see what it is. How this picture of Onew and Jonghyun went into my pocket? Oh, I remember, maybe it’s Jonghyun, Yuri said that in their group he has the fastest hand among them; I guess he put it when he's looking at me. Why am I focusing on his photo? I'm supposed to focus on my work, but he could be my inspiration for my song, oh! Why am I blushing? Oh well, I should think of all the good things about him.

It's almost dismissal time and I don't know if this song is going to win. My J is the perfect title for this; it's all about the things I want to say to him personally. "My J huh?" Jonghyun said, standing behind me, I’m surprised that he found me, “Sounds like My jinki?” he is laughed so hard. "It’s not about Onew okay! What are you doing here?" I lied, "I’ll fetch Onew now, your things is on my car now, so you're going with me now" he’s giggling,  I feel so embarrassed for what he did, I just followed his trail, and I must give the picture now, but I’m so shy, maybe I’ll give it when he mentioned it.

He opened the door for me, I’m not sure if I’m going to step in, because if I do so, he’ll be so far…from me, but he asked Jjong to fetch him so I must do it. My foot feels so heavy that I can’t step it on, “Hey! Are having second thoughts?” he said, his voice has a hint of annoyance, and “What are you saying? Please don’t make any issues here okay? I’m just thinking if I have my thins here in my bag!” I said in a high tone, but deep inside myself, I’m lying…again.  “Okay! Okay! I’ll stop okay just go inside so that we’ll both go home early okay?” he swear, I slide in and never think of it again, because if I do, there will be lots of regret on my mind later.

                “We’re here!” I shouted as I enter the house. I look on our living room, and I see him still sleeping. I sat beside him, watching him for the last time.  He suddenly pulled me to him, hugging me so tight.  “Thank you Jessica, for the love and care you give.” He whispered, “Okay.” I whispered back, I’m shocked from what he did, why did he say those words? I’m still puzzled. He let me go, and he stood up, leaving me there. “Goodbye jess.” His farewell to me, “Goodbye Onew, be safe” I said, I didn’t gave a look at him. All I could hear is the sound of his footsteps leaving, and the sound of Jjong’s car.

                I stood up and look around; well I’m alone here again. I’ll clean all the mess here, maybe in that way I’ll forget that the time is passing. I’ll change my clothes first, I pick my pink hoodie and red jogging pants, it’s kind of girly  but it’s alright. My plan really worked, I clean the whole house for 4 hours and its dinner time. What should eat? I miss ramen so much, now I’m craving for it! I must go to the market now before it closes.

                It’s already dark, and thank goodness I have my food for tonight. The sky is so perfect, because there are lots of stars shimmering. I’m just wondering, how’s Onew this time?

“Jessica!” Namjoo greeted me, “Namjoo, how are you?”

 “I’m fine, ah jess, do you know a nearest bookstore here? I must buy Eunji a sticky note.”

“Okay, if you want I’ll go with you there, besides I’m always passing it on my way home.”

“Really? Thank You Jessica!” she exclaimed. We are walking together when I notice someone, sitting on the pavement. My eyes opened wide.

“Jess, I think it’s Onew.” Namjoo said, “Should we go and check?” I invited, “yeah sure” she approved.

We both run to see it closely, he turn his head on our direction. Namjoo was right, it’s him. But he should be with Jjong this time. “What are you doing here?” Namjoo asked, “Just watching the sky. We’re you going?”

“To the bookstore, Jessica knows it.”

“Is it okay if I go with you?”

“Sure, it’s alright with us right Jessica?”

“Ah, yes.” I said, still puzzled of what is happening. He’s following us, “Oh Jess, thank you so much”

“It’s alright, Keep safe.” I said. She headed inside, but he, he stop and sit on the pavement again. I approach and sit beside him

“Onew, you’re supposed to be with Jjong right?”

“Yeah, but his Damn Mother, she threaten me that if I still live there she’ll kill me. As well as Key and Minho’s parents they don’t me too, now my last chance is Taemin, if his parents are like those, well I’ll go and end my life then.” He said. I’m looking at him, and I feel pitiful for him, a homeless outcast from his family, has a plan on ending up his life. “So where are you going to spent the night?”

“Right here.”

“What?”

“I have no house to sleep on Jessica.”

“Well you can go to my house, since I’m alone, you could me my housemate”

“Are you sure about that?”

“Yup.”

“Ah, no thanks Jessica, it’s too much. I’m not your relative to do that to me.”

“Do you still remember what Mr. Kim said? We are family, you’re my brother in school so don’t feel that way.”

 “Thank you Jess, but it is really too much, and aren’t you afraid to be called as a ?”

“I don’t see anything bad in helping a homeless person.” I gave a smile.

I stood up and pulling him up, “come on! I bought two ramen. I bet you’re hungry.” He stood up and gave me a smile,

“Thank you Jessica.”

“No problem, My Brother.” he just smiled at me. i called a taxi to go back to my house

              “Oh! It’s so nice to eat ramen when you’re tired!” he exclaimed, he’s finished eating and I’m still reviewing my song on my table.

“Here are some clothes, it’s my Father’s, I hope it fits you. You can use the bathroom if you want” I offered. I turn back to my room “Thank you Jessica, Good Night.” He said. I didn’t look back, I just slide my door and smile.