The Chase

One Year Later

 

Oh, its 9 in the evening Wow that's a nice sleep, actually a dreamless sleep, and there is something that pulls me back to the blanket.

“Hey! Stop right there" a male voice roar outside, "kill that punk okay!" a man ordered. Huh? There’s a riot outside, and they’re chasing someone.

“BANG”

 Oh, they fired a gun, the pressure is getting intense, and the sounds of their footsteps are getting closer, and it’s coming closer, gosh! They must’ve entered the house; I grab the blanket and hide under it.

Aw! Something heavy just fell on me, it's warm. I flip the blanket to see what it is. What? A guy is on top of me! He’s wearing a very familiar school uniform and I can't figure his face because it's too dark. He’s looking at me, I could his warm gasp on my face, I tried to scream but he covered my mouth, “shhhh! Be quiet!” he said, his voice is so familiar, and I can’t move my body because of his weight, "Jinki jump in that house! Go and catch him okay!" Jinki? This guy’s name is jinki? I only know one guy who has this name.

I hear someone is destroying the door. He suddenly stood up, and he holds my fist, pulling me up. “Hey stand up! Or you’ll be killed!” he muttered, I just follow what he said, he pulled me to his back, I wrap my arms on his neck and he raised my legs on his waist, I just shut my eyes. He swiftly jumped on the window and rush outside.

                  He stops and he puts me down, the road is so cold. “Onew?” I said in surprise, he grabbed my right hand,

“Come on!”

“Wait a minute, why they’re chasing you?”

“I’ll answer that later okay! Run or you’ll be killed!”

“Hello! Are you out of your mind? I’m running with my bare feet?”

He didn’t answer; instead he pulled me and run. I just ignore the cold road.

“Aw!” I fell on the ground, and I could feel the pain on my knee. He stops. “Are you okay?”

“No, my knee is bleeding.” He bends a little,

“Come on, ride on my back, please do it faster.” I stood up and do what he said.

I just shut my eyes in pain. His warm back is relieving the coldness I feel.

                    He stops and crouches down. I open my eyes; we’re on a dark and narrow street, and hiding behind a car,

“Are they gone?” I asked

“No, they’re still looking for us.”

“What place is this?”

“We’re on the town.” He said, still catching his breath, his face is full of sweat. He’s so strong he run from our house to the town, with a girl on his back.

“They’re gone!” he said,

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, they’re on their car already.” He stood up and went out. “Where are we going?” I asked, “I’m bringing you back to your home.” He said.  He walks in a normal speed, “Onew, why don’t we ride on taxi instead?”

“I don’t have my Money it’s on my Backpack and I drop it when they’re chasing me.”

“Ah, I’m sorry. You’re too tired to carry me on your back, I can walk, Onew.”

“No, just be comfortable okay?” he muttered

                “Oh! Thank God the door is not destroyed.” I exclaimed. The house was not that messy; I guess when Onew run outside they also run and follow him, he turn on the light and he bring me to my room. He crouch down and put me down, “where is our medicine kit?” he asked, taking off his coat, “there, on the top of the cabinet” I pointed. I lean against the wall and watch him as he gets it, I’ve never seen him like this before, and he took out all the things needed. “Wait I can do it Onew, you can take a rest now!” I said thoughtfully “no, it’s my fault please let me do it okay?” he said.

 I just watch him as he cleans my wounds, and I can’t believe that he’s in front of me, just like an angel fallen from the heaven. “Why they’re chasing you?” I asked. “They are my uncle’s men, and he wants to kill me.”

“But why?”

“Its long story Jessica, this night is not enough if I tell you.” He said, “It’s Done, You can sleep now.” He added.

“I’m willing to listen.” I smiled at him, he take a deep breath, “okay, my uncle believes that I killed my cousin. That day while we are walking, two men stabbed him on his back and the other guy covered my mouth and nose, I collapse and the next thing I remember was we are on the hospital, from then he became mad to me, he never listens to what I said. My auntie is the only one who believes in me…”

 It is indeed long, my eyes are shutting and I think I’m going to fall asleep.

 

                I was right, I indeed fell asleep, but last night I was leaning on the wall but now I’m lying. Maybe he did it, but where is he? I stood up and fix my room, I must be quick or I’ll be late! His coat is still here; I slide the door and opened the light. He’s still here, sleeping on the floor, he’s indeed tired, I grab the blanket and cover it to him, and thank goodness he didn’t awaken from what I did.

                I crouch down beside him “I’m going to school now Onew, sleep tight.” I whispered, he’s so cute when sleeping; well I must go now there are many things to do on school. I hope he’s still here when I get home.