The Second Encounter

It's You

 

--------------------AUTHOR’S POV--------------------

The next day, Seohyun visited the Music Department building (just as she always does). She was walking along the hallways, looking for an empty room with a piano. She’s planning to sneak in again tonight, but this time, not on the auditorium. It was too risky for her, especially after what happened last night. She was checking each room and stopped when she found what she was looking for.

“This is great,” she thought to herself. “I’ll sneak in again tonight..” she smiled at the thought of playing the piano again.

“What are you doing here, outsider?” hissed a girl as she grabbed Seohyun in her clothes. She pushed Seohyun against the lockers.

“Sorry,” Seohyun apologized.

The would-have-been-pretty girl scoffed and rolled her eyes. She was about to counter Seohyun’s remark when..

“Yah, yah, yah. Stop that, Krystal,” said a passerby.

“So Krystal is her name. Too bad, she really would have been pretty,” Seohyun thought.

The boy did not even look at them but Seohyun was grateful because Krystal totally forgot about her.

“Kyuhyun oppa..” the girl froze and stepped away from Seohyun. Krystal approached the guy who did not even take notice of Seohyun’s presence.

“And he’s Kyuhyun. He’s looks kinda cool and handsome,” Seohyun noted inside her head.

“Krystal, you’re picking on others again. One more and I’ll tell mom,” Seohyun heard the man whose name was apparently Kyuhyun, tell Krystal. The bully girl followed his brother and tried to make excuses.

“So they’re siblings?” Seohyun asked herself.

This was Seohyun’s chance to run.

-------------------KYUHYUN’S POV---------------------

“Aish! Krystal is bullying someone again?” I thought to myself when I saw my younger sister on the other end of the hallway.

I walked towards Krystal but stopped on my tracks when I realized that she was bullying the girl from last night. This is my chance to get into her good books. But I don’t think this is the time to introduce myself and apologize for what had happened. I watched for a little more while but continued walking again when I realized that she wouldn’t fight back. I was right. She was, indeed, an angel—innocent, pure, harmless. The exact opposite of my sister, aish!

“Yah, yah, yah. Stop that, Krystal,” I told my sister but I tried to act cool by putting my hands on my pockets and not even looking at them.

I didn’t need to go near Krystal or anything for her to stop what she’s doing. “Kyuhyun oppa..” I heard my sister and as I had planned, she went after me.

I was still walking with Krystal following me.

We weren’t that far from where Krystal left the beautiful angel and so I tried to make my relationship with Krystal clear by saying, “Krystal, you’re picking on others again. One more and I’ll tell mom.” That’s what you call ‘hitting two birds with one stone,’ babehh! :D

A few more steps later, I turned around but I was disappointed to see the angel running away.

I hit Krystal’s head (while she was still making up her excuses).

“Ow! Oppa, that hurt!” she whined.

“What were you thinking?!” I scolded her. Yep, in the middle of the hallway.

“That girl was not supposed to be here!”

“So she’s not from the Music Department? Why won’t she be?” I thought to myself. “Mind your own business! That’s the work of the Security Guards, not yours!” I told Krystal.

“Why are you reacting like this, oppa? Wae?!” she asked me.

“See? See? You’re minding my business! No one wants you to in like you always do, you know?” I hissed at her. She deserves it for being impolite and disobedient.

Krystal stomped away, probably ashamed.

--------------------SEOHYUN’S POV--------------------

I ran to the library (because that’s where Taeyeon unnie always is).

“Taeyeon unnie?” I looked at the aisles. “Taeyeon unnie!”

“Sssshh!” I heard someone shush me. Right. I totally forgot that I was already inside the library.

“Taeyeon unnie?” I whispered as I continued looking for her. “Taeyeon unn--”

“Seohyun-ah?” I heard unnie’s voice.

I turned around and Taeyeon unnie was there—with her books, as usual. She’s a total bookworm just like me. “Taeyeon unnie!” I walked up to her and hugged her.

“Sssshh, we’re in the library, Seohyun-ah,” she reminded me.

I giggled, “I knew that.”

We let go of the hug and Taeyeon unnie said, “Looks like someone’s happy.”

I giddily said, “I know right. A knight in shining armor saved me today.”

“Eh?! How? Where? Who?” Taeyeon unnie titled her head to the side.

“I was in the Music Department building a while ago and--”

“You went there again?! You might get yourself in trouble!” unnie panicked.

“Sssshhh. Taeyeon unnie. Library. Remember?” I reminded her.

She calmed down and smiled at her own mistake. She said, “What were you saying?”

“I was in the Music Department building a while ago and a pretty but bully girl pushed me against the lockers and said these things to m--”

“I told you!” Taeyeon unnie whispered and made face.

“Listen to me first, please, unnie?” I begged.

“Okayyy~ Continue.”

“The girl said these things to me. I was apologizing but she did not stop. Just then..”

“The knight in shining armor?” Taeyeon unnie excitedly asked.

I wiggled my eyebrows then we both squealed, “GYAAAAAHH!”

“SSSSHHH!” people shushed us and we quickly covered our mouths while we giggled. So, we decided to talk outside, instead.

“Describe him! Details!” Taeyeon unnie demanded with her dorky voice.

I blushed at the thought of the guy. Kyuhyun. I told unnie, “He’s..cool. Very cool.”

“And..?”

“And I know his name,” I said.

“Jinjja?”

I nodded while smiling. I answered, “Neh, unnie. His name is..Kyuhyun.”

Taeyen unnie gushed, “Awwww, what a handsome name!”

I laughed, “A handsome name?! How can you tell that a name is handsome, unnie?!”

“Aish! Just go with it!” Taeyeon unnie laughed along.

“If it wasn’t for him,” I said, “I would’ve been crying and bruised by now.”

“Aigoo~ My Seohyun-ah is growing up,” Taeyeon unnie cooed.

“Yes, I am growing up, unnie. I’m even a lot taller than you now,” I joked then stuck out my tongue. I ran off quickly and heard Taeyeon unnie whine.

“YAH! Seohyun-ah! Come back! You know I’m sensitive when it comes to that topic! Come back!” Taeyeon unnie yelled but she was smiling, though.

I was almost on the other end of the noisy hallway as Taeyeon unnie is. I yelled back, “Mianhaeyo, unnie! It’s true, though!” I teased unnie.

I saw Taeyeon unnie stuck out her tongue and wave goodbye. She went back inside the library with a smile.