The Start of Something New

It's You

--------------------AUTHOR’S POV--------------------

Despite of what had happened to her earlier, Seohyun still pushed on with her plan that night—to play the piano in the room she found at the Music Department building.

She waited until 10:30PM because she felt like this was the safer time.

She tiptoed to the room and the lights, as usual.

Much to her surprise, a boy was sleeping with his head on the piano.

Seohyun gasped but she quickly covered —she didn’t want to wake up the stranger.

She walked closer to the sleeping figure and tried to wake him up, “Wake up.” Seohyun lightly nudged the guy’s shoulder with her finger. “Wake up.”

The guy turned but was still sound asleep.

“Eomo! It’s him!” Seohyun exclaimed when she saw the face of the sleeping guy. It was her ‘knight in shining armor.’ She stared at him as his hair fell clumsily across his forehead. Seohyun had to clench her hand to keep herself from touching it and she stared at his face for a little more while. “He looks more handsome up close,” she blushed.

Seohyun put her face closer to Kyuhyun’s (to have a better view of his face) and his strong but sweet fragrance just made him a lot cuter for Seohyun. She took notice of his long eyelashes that rested on his cheeks and she played with it. Seohyun slightly traced her index finger along where Kyuhyun’s eyelashes rested.

Suddenly, Kyuhyun’s eyes shut open and they both screamed.

 “AAAAAHHHH!”

Seohyun took a step back while Kyuhyun stood up and rubbed his eyes.

“Sorry,” Seohyun bowed in apology.

“Who are--” Kyuhyun was speechless when he saw the girl—his angel.

“Sorry, I didn’t meant to--” Seohyun tried to explain.

“It’s you..” Kyuhyun muttered under his breath.

“Me? What about me?” Seohyun asked.

“I’m sorry,” Kyuhyun apologized. He remembered that he was to apologize to her for scaring her last night.

Seohyun was shocked and confused at the same time. She asked, “For what?”

“For scaring you last night,” Kyuhyun answered and he scratched the back of his head.

“MWOH?! IT’S YOU?!” Seohyun couldn’t believe what she just heard. “It was you last night in the auditorium?!”

“Neh, sorry if I scared you.. I’m Cho Kyuhyun, by the way,” Kyuhyun walked closer to the dumbfounded Seohyun and held out his hand.

Seohyun took it absent-mindedly and said, “I know..”

It was Kyuhyun’s turn to be surprised. “You know me?” he asked her.

Seohyun nodded and said, “Neh! You are Krystal’s Kyuhyun oppa.”

Kyuhyun laughed.

“Komawo,” Seohyun bowed again, this time for gratitude.

“For what?” he asked.

“For saving me earlier today.”

“I’m sorry about that. Krystal is so..Aish!”

Seohyun giggled.

“May I ask your name?” Kyuhyun politely asked.

“Eomo! I forgot to introduce myself,” Seohyun laughed.

“Yeah, seems like it.”

“I’m Seo Joohyun, but I’m pretty much known as Seohyun by everyone.”

“Hyun~” Kyuhyun smiled and said, “Seohyun. Kyuhyun.”

“Hyun~” Seohyun repeated and they both laughed.

“You play the piano, right?” Kyuhyun pointed.

“Neh, only when no one is watching,” Seohyun pouted.

“Waeyo? I heard you and you are..well, excellent!” Kyuhyun joked.

Seohyun smiled and answered, “Komawoyo. But, I have my reasons. And may I ask why were you sleeping here?”

“Is it prohibited?”

“Aniyo.”

“Then, good.”

Seohyun laughed, “Seriously..”

“I play Starcraft a lot and lack sleep because of it. Because of that, I easily fall asleep in random places,” Kyuhyun explained.

“For real?!” Seohyun was still laughing.

“Neh, is anything wrong with that?” Kyuhyun asked.

“No, nothing. It’s just..cute. I mean, falling asleep in random places. Some people might think you are homeless or something,” Seohyun said.

Kyuhyun just scratched his head and smiled. “You know what, I think you’ll excel in the Music Department..” Kyuhyun said out of the blue.

“Komawoyo, really..” Seohyun said.

“Can you play something?” Kyuhyun pointed at the piano.

“Neh?”

“Or can you just play what you played last night in the auditorium?”

“N-Neh?”

“Oh come on, I know your secret now,” Kyuhyun pushed her to the piano.

Seohyun looked at him with her big round eyes and stuttered, “B-But I’m..”

“Shy?” Kyuhyun guessed.

Seohyun nodded.

“Pleeeeeease~” Kyuhyun begged.

Seohyun took a deep breath and positioned her hands on the piano while Kyuhyun sat beside her. Having him on her side made her more confident and comfortable but she doesn’t understand why. She started playing a familiar tune: “Falling Slowly”

“I know this song,” Kyuhyun whispered.

Seohyun looked at him with a smile and Kyuhyun started singing.

“I don’t know you

but I want you

All the more for that..”

Before the chorus, the two were singing along in harmony. Their voices sounded as if these were made to sing together. They felt it, too and they can’t understand why. But does it still matter?

“Raise your hopeful voice

you have a choice

You've made it now~”

When Seohyun’s playing finished, Kyuhyun said, “That was..magical.”

Seohyun said, “You sing well.”

“And so do you. I really think you belong in the Music Department,” Kyuhyun said.

Seohyun sighed a deep sigh and just said, “It was nice meeting you, Cho Kyuhyun-ssi!” She stood up then bowed and prepared to leave.

“You’re going already?” Kyuhyun disappointedly asked.

“Neh, it was a pleasure meeting you, though,” Seohyun said.

“Same here, but--”

“Please keep my secret, Cho Kyuhyun-ssi,” Seohyun begged.

“Of course, I will,” Kyuhyun promised.

“Bye,” Seohyun turned around and started walking away when Kyuhyun yelled..

“WAIT!”

Seohyun stopped in her tracks but her back was still facing Kyuhyun.

“I’ll keep your secret in one condition,” Kyuhyun said.

“NEH?!” Seohyun shockingly asked—now facing Kyuhyun.

“Promise me that we’ll do this every night, HYUN~” Kyuhyun smiled and Seohyun smiled back.

..THE END..

 

 

 

 

 

Did you know?

This one-shot is based on my soon-to-be-published second full-length fanfic. The Music Department and Dance Department stuff, Seohyun’s secret & even the pretty bully! All these were inspired by my storyline for my next fanfic which features many couples (JunHyo, HyoHyuk, HyukRi, SiFany, HaeFany, HaeSica)! Watch out for it! Thank you, readers! ^.^ Don’t forget to leave your feedback, comments and suggestions! 

Check out my first full-length fanfic! “The Brain vs The Heart”! Click here to start reading! Enjoy!