Not A Good Idea, After All

It's You

 

--------------------AUTHOR’S POV--------------------

It was 10:30PM and half the world is sleeping. All the lights in the school campus are out.

Well, except for one. It was the spotlight in the school auditorium. A girl, a freshman, from the Dance Department had turned it on & focused it directly on the center of the stage where she will be…

Dancing? NO.

But she’s from the Dance Department, right? RIGHT.

If anyone who knew that she was from the Dance Department had heard her play the piano, he or she would definitely think that she took up the wrong course. YES, she was playing the piano to her heart’s content.

But is she good at it? NO. She’s an expert in playing the piano. Passion is the word. The emotion in the song that she was playing can only emphasize the fire in her eyes, the love for what she was doing.

She was in oblivion. She was freely herself.

YES! She knows that this was what she should be doing. Unfortunately, fate and circumstances would not allow her. But in this very moment, she felt like she was in her own world & she loved it because no one’s there to criticize her, to point fingers at her, to tell her that she’s not good enough. There’s not even someone who can watch her do what she does best because she doesn’t want that, too. Confidence is lacking, self-esteem is low.

No one can be watching.

No one should be watching.

No one.

Or so she thought..

--------------------SEOHYUN’S POV--------------------

I am crazy. It’s 10:30pm and I’m sneaking to the school auditorium..to play the piano! No one should catch me! Especially at this hour of the night!

I stood in the center of the spotlight and when it was time… I started playing the piano that is already there.

Yes, yes, YES! This is perfect. This moment was, by far, the wildest, craziest thing I’ve ever done. But it feels so good! Absolutely in Cloud 9. The moment was so wrong, yet it felt so right. I know I shouldn’t be here at this time but my heart had told my feet to bring me here. My heart belongs here. Onstage. Playing the piano.

The music, my music finally came to its end. Phew. I was tired but it was the ‘feeling-so-perfect’ kind of tiredness that I was feeling. I remained there in the spotlight, smiling to myself. Satisfied. Proud with what I’ve just done, enjoying myself when..

“You play the piano pretty well,” said a voice from down the stage. It sent chills down my spine. I was taken aback and there was a tinge of fear in my eyes. Someone’s here?! And worse, someone has heard me playing the piano?!  I’m pretty sure it was a voice of a man but I could not quite make out his figure in the darkness in front of me. The spotlight was blinding bright and it was the only light here. Asides from where I was standing, it was dark. Pitch black dark.

“Who’s there?!” my voice echoed and I was suddenly self-conscious. I don’t even know where the man was. I squinted.

Look there.

No.

Look harder.

No, no!

Look here.

No, no, NO!

“What are you doing here?!” asked the voice.

“You didn’t answer my question! Come out & show yourself, coward!” was my reply, trying to sound fearless, unshaken—the exact opposite of what I am in this very moment.

“Says the girl who came to play at this time. Now, who’s the coward?” he answered back smugly. Almost intimidating as his voice echoed as well.

But then, I suddenly remembered. I should not be here. No one was supposed to catch me, argh~ Without answering him anymore, I hurriedly picked up my bag and left as fast as I can.

Paranoid, that’s what I am. Even though I was already outside of the school premises, I kept turning my head in different directions. Cautious. Scared that someone was following me, that the man from the auditorium was following me.

I reached into my bag to call Taeyeon unnie and tell her about what had happened. Much to my disappointment, Taeyeon unnie wouldn’t pick up. She’s probably asleep now.

-------------------KYUHYUN’S POV---------------------

I opened my eyes and realized that the school had closed. I went outside the library (where I fell asleep between the shelf aisles) and trembled at the sight of our school’s dark and empty hallways. Ugh, it’s kinda scary.

I was headed downstairs and outside the building when I heard piano music coming from somewhere. The music was beautiful but I quickly ran when the thought of a paranormal activity entered my mind.

When I reached downstairs, the sound got louder and I caught sight of a faint light on the other end of the hallway. I was getting freaked out but I should man up and face my fears. I was really scared but curiosity dominated my fear. The music was so beautiful and it was more important for me to find out where it was coming from than letting my girly fears scare me away.

I slowly walked to where the light was from and as I approached it, the sound became louder. I kept on walking until I reached the light and when I looked to my side, I realized that I was in front of the school auditorium. I quietly made my way in and to my surprise, I was not alone.

I saw a girl playing the piano with the spotlight focused on her. She was pretty but the music that she was playing was much prettier. Keke~ :D She looked like an angel. Well, at least, for me. She looked so innocent, harmless and pure except for the fact that she’s here at this hour, sneaking.

I sat myself on one of the seats in front of the stage and just watched her, listened to her music. I closed my eyes and I let myself drown in her music. I was disappointed when it ended and when I opened my eyes, I saw her smiling to herself.

“You play the piano pretty well,” I told her. She was obviously surprised and scared at the same time. I was confident that unless she came down the stage, my identity would be kept a secret. I studied her face and thought to myself, “She’s probably from the Music Department also but I haven’t seen her around.”

“Who’s there?!” she yelled but I can see in her eyes that she was nervous, too. She tried to look past the bright spotlight but as I had expected, she failed. She was trying so hard and squinting but from where I was sitting, the rest of the auditorium was pitch black dark, except where she was standing—where the spotlight was focused.

 “What are you doing here?!” I asked her.

“You didn’t answer my question! Come out & show yourself, coward!”her voice was kinda shaky. It was obvious that she’s trying to look brave. Trying. But I can see past her that she’s as scared as a baby right now.

“Says the girl who came to play at this time. Now, who’s the coward?” I answered back smugly. Too loud, I think. My voice echoed and my own voice scared me.

Instead of answering, she gathered her things and hurriedly ran off. She was scared, alright.

I stayed for a few more minutes and replayed what just happened. I need to find out who that girl is and apologize for scaring her. I got up and headed out the dark auditorium. This crazy night had ended.