The Colors' In His Eyes [One-Shot # 3]

With A Swirl Of Love

Cho Inyeon(natelicious)& Jang Hyun Seung Sorry for making you wait xD

-
It wasn't til my second week of school when I had noticed everyone and everything about those everyone. How their seats are done by clicks, not by last names nor first. In class, there's a boy, I know he's with the biggest clicks in school. He's a football player and a soccer goaly, there is absolutly no chance there. But how can I keep my eyes off him when he's always laughing so loud and being so outgoing all the time?
 
His name was Jang Hyun Seung. His smile was like an angel, his hair was so beautifully brown that it glistered in the sun. He'd always go out and play ball with his clicks during break but he's never found after school. Or at least that's what I hear from them.
Anyway, whenever I watch him play his games, my head would spin and my mind would wander, what is it about him that kills me so much it makes me urge for him?
 
I was sitting in the back of the class, peering out the window when our gym teacher dragged a young boy out to the soccer field by his collar, Mr. Cho threw the young boy towards the middle of the yard as he tossed a ball to him.
 
I squinted only to realize who the guy was, Hyun Seung. His hair wet from sweats, proving that he's been praticing for more than 2 hours already, yet the gym teacher was still not satisfied with him.
 
Mr. Cho walked to the front of Hyun Seung and tossed out three cones, one blue, one red, and the last one was green. I shut all the noises out of my head and listened closely to their converstation.
 
"Go around the red cone." I can barely make out what he was saying, but I kept trying. I watched as Hyun Seung got up, tired like a dog, and ran towards the three cones. He was running towards the red one when he suddenly switched lanes, towards the green one.
 
"No!" Mr. Cho screamed as he took the ball and threw it at Hyun Seung's arm. Hyun Seung jumped but held back his fight as he tried again.
 
This time, he encircled the Blue cone causing more anger into the already burning teacher. By then, my teacher had slammed her ruler down on my desk, knocking everything out of my head.
 
I felt like I had missed a whole scene when I turned back and saw Hyun Seung running away from the soccer field with his jersey in his hand. Had he gotten thrown off the team? But why? He's been praticing so hard all morning it only made sense that he was losing the sense to concetrate now.
 
Either way, I remained silent as I continued to watch the board.
-
For a few days I haven't seen Hyun Seung. He didn't come to school, and everyone in his click as bailed out on him. I walked towards our school bullintin and on a big spread paper wrote in big red letters wrote,
 
'Quarter Back and Goaly Bails Out On Team. Where Are You Jang Hyun Seung!'
 
I sighed, pitying the former athlet who was once so wonderfully cherish and is now nothing but trash talk. I passed a girl and her boyfriend as they chit chat away about how scared Hyun Seung was that was the reason why he ran away from the team.
 
Which, I'm sure is untrue.
 
I walked into class and writen all over his desk were marks of curse words and rude comments about his selfconfidence. I rubbed my temples, fustrated at how these people can act in such a cruel way.
 
An hour later and class had finally began, the blow of a whistle caught my attention and training the football team was the same couch who had caused Hyun Seung's disapperance. I grunted quietly to myself as I ran out the classroom, I had to do something about these false claims.
 
He's standing there watching the students make fun of Hyun Seung, something that a teacher is forbid to do. I ran down the stairs of my classroom and as I reached the News Board, I snatched the construction paper along with me.
 
All the guys tilted their head at me when I had finally reached the feild. I walked striaght to the couch and open the folded paper for him to see.
"You caused this." I spoke in between breaths. The football team crowded around me and Mr. Cho with confused expression.
 
'What is she talking about?' one asked.
 
"Yesterday, you pushed Hyun Seung so hard into practicing. When he couldn't circle the right cone you kicked him off the team!" I protested. The crowd became a deathly silent whisper as everyone's face twist in horror.
 
"You said Hyun Seung wanted to quit becasue he was afraid of the competition!" The defensive player scold and threw his helmet on the ground in front of the couch as he stampered off.
 
"It's all of us, or no one at all." Another spat as he to joined the helmet pile. Soon everyone has thrown their helmets at their couch and walked off towards the school.
 
I peered at my wrist watch, 2 hours before the competition. I had to get Hyun Seung back so he can explain why he was gone. I ran towards one of the offense, one of Hyun Seung's click buddies.
 
"Can you take me to Hyun Seung's place?" I asked him in a worried tone. He made a face but quickly ran towards his car and drove me to Hyun Seung's house. I asked for him to wait outside while I talk to Hyun Seung secretly.
 
I knocked on the wooden doors of Hyun Seung house but no one came to it, rudely I took the doorknob by the handle and twist it. The doors popped open and in I went, like a robber into his victim's house.
 
"Hyun Seung ah!" I called out to him, nobody answered. I was about to enter the kichten when a dead figure popped out from a door behind me. I jumped only to realize it was Hyun Seung.
 
He looked at me as if I had just killed his cat, "How did you get into my house?" He asked pointing to the door.
"It-wasn't locked so-" I clicked my tounge and got to the point, "Listen. Hyun Seung, the team needs you. Everyone in school thinks you bailed out on them because your afraid of a little compeition."
 
He scratched his head and rested his shoulder against the wall. "Let them think whatever they want to. I'm not helpful anyway."
 
I sighed, "Hyun Seung, you are the quarter back, the goaly, the spot light for everyone out there in an hour and a half." I checked my watch to make sure the time was correct. "You can't let the school loose. Everyone will make fun of you until your out of school!" I explained but yet, nothing seem to touch him at all.
 
"I'm no use with these stupid eyes of mine. Why don't you go play for them then if you're so caring." He spat. I made a face and stepped a few more feet closer to him.
 
"Say that again."
 
He raised an eyebrow, "That again."  I shook my head, "No not that, repeat what you said."
 
He laughed, "Why don't you play for them?" I shook me head,  "No, what you said about your eyes."
 
Hyun Seung's expression tensed as his eyes darken themselves at me. He refused to answer which led me to do one thing.
"Are you blind?" I questioned.
 
Hyun Seung sighed and sat on his couch like a sagged tea bag, "Something like that." The back of his head was facing me.
"What's wrong with your eyes?" I softly ask, not wanting to harm him any further.
 
"I'm color blind. I can't tell red from blue. Green from black. not even black from white." His voice broke out into a plea as he tried hard not to get angry at himself.
I placed my hand on his shoulder hesitantly, "It's something normal. Nobody should be ashamed of how they are made and you should never take what others say and trash your mind just because they see you diffrently."
 
I explained, "What Mr. Cho did was wrong. He was fustrated and I'm sure he really needs you now. Your team has quit the game becasue they found out the truth about why you left. Without you, there is nothing left to do but lose the game."
 
Hyun Seung sighed when I spoke of the game and rested his head on the cushion of the couch, "I will go back to school whenever I feel like it. But I'll never play again."
 
I give up. "Nothing I can say or do will take you back to the game." I nodded as I walked out the door leaving Hyun Seung as he embraced the darkness around him.
 
The ride back to the game was silent. Not me nor his friend spoke, maybe it's because he knew exactly what his stubborn friend had to say. Either way, we were going to comfirm that the team had refrained from the game.
 
Once we had reached the football field, the opposing team had already arrived with hundreds of fans and supporters. Mr. Cho looked at me with hope in his eyes but I sadly regect his hope with the shake of my head.
 
He walked out to the middle of the field to get the attentions of the people, it took him more than 20 minutes before everything calmed down.
 
"Ladies and mens, I have a very important message from the team." Everyone waited for him, wishing to not call off the game, "The team wants to no longer partisipate in a game without Hyun Seung. He's the back bone to the team and without him no one can win happily."
 
My head titled towards the locker room filled with the very heartbroken players, who refused to come out.
 
"I apoligize to everyone, esppecially Hyun Seung. He didn't chicken out, it was because I kicked him off the team. I guess this is what a couch gets trying to push his player to hard." Mr. Cho confessed to the audience as he began to walk back.
 
The crowd booed and cursed at the home team as the visitor looked at the couch in confusion. I sighed, tears glistering in my eyes. I never knew football could be filled with so much anger and fustration, until now.
 
Suddenly, the boos became cheers and the cursing became the name of 'Jang Hyun Seung' . I looked up and standing in the middle of the field in his complete outfit stood Hyun Seung.
 
"Aww, why the long faces people!" He cheered through the microphone, "I'll never bail out on you all! Now, where is my team?!" He called and when he did, the locker door broke free as the whole team stammpered out with tears flowing down their cheeks.
My tears slowly gathered at the bottom of my chin, tears of joy, I smiled.
 
-
It had already been 30 minutes into the game and the Home team was ahead with 13 points and the visitor only with 12.
The last 50 seconds of the game started counting down as the team faced eachother. Hyun Seung was the only standing while s stood in a ready position.
 
He looked up as his eyes wandered the crowd, he met my eyes and smiled. Before he started his call, he kissed his right thumb and sent it out to me. My stomach fluttered as the crowd gasped with love in their spine as well.
 
He called and the last round had began as he ran with the ball in his arms. He misses three tackles before he passed the football to one of his teammate who made the last point. The crowd went wildly crazy as they cheered like never before. His team encircled him, trapping him from all side as they picked him up and cheered their Quarter back.
 
His reliefed smile softly relaxed when he saw me and ran towards me as s watched in awe.
 
"Hey." He whispered when he had finally reached me. I answered by returning his sweet smile.
 
"So, I like you're beautiful blue Nikes." he smiled as he pointed to my shoes. I laughed and thanked him before realizing what he ahd just said to me, my mouth fell open.
 
"You can see now?!" I yelled excited as I unknowing grabbed his hands and jumped with joy. He smiled and looked down at our hands, cluctched tightly together.
 
{FLASHBACK} - [Hyun Seung'sPOV)
 
I sighed and rubbed my temple as the clicking of the doors closed tightly.
 
Inyeon was out of the house, someone who I look at secretly for a week now, finally finds a way to get at me. Her words still lingers in my head and her scent was still luring high in the air.
 
I played with the squared pillow that layed on the side of my couch. The feeling of it's leatherness soothed out my wounds that was made just becasue of my stupid eye.
 
I Looked down at the teddy bears that was sewed on by my past mother was still there. I blinked as my vision began to blur a bit.  Bringing my hand up to rub my eyes, I notice that the number I had writen down on the back of my hand was in blue ink.
 
I squinted, "Maybe I'm just seeing things." I laughed sarcastically as I stood up and walked towards the kitchen, there everything went in color. Marble Grey counters, Brown table and chairs, pink slippers! I'm weraing pink slippers?!
 
I grabbed my black jacket and ran out, to the game.
 
{Ends}
 
Hyun Seung's fingers slowly slid into the spaces between mine as he embraced me tightly.
 
"Cho Inyeon, you're the colors to my eyes. Without you, all I can see is black and white." He spoke as he brung my hands up to caress his smooth flawless skin.
"I hope you don't mind being a Quarter Back's girl." The words escaped his lips that made my knees week. My toes curled and without a doubt answered.
"I'll be you're color."
 
He gropped my face and our lips met. The team cheered and the cheerleaders gasped in amazment. I guess transfering to Seoul High, wasn't such a bad idea.
 
[A/N--Hope you liked it, I felt like this was a very long one-shot :P]