Breathless, Seeing You [one-shot #6]

With A Swirl Of Love

Lee Jong Mi(Chaikichijo)&Yoon DooJoon Please Enjoy!

please excuse my grammer:)

-

I groaned and punched my lower back, it’s already been the second week of school and I’m already

so worn out. Slapping my bag over my shoulder, I notice I was the very last person to walk out the school.

“Mrs. Lee Jong Mi.” a voice chanted behind me and I froze.

“Yeah?” I answered as I turned to face the voice.

A teacher in her mid 20s smiled and walked out of the corner.

“Do you mind staying after school and clean the basket ball court please?”

I rubbed my neck and hesitated to answer, “Well,” I started, “I don’t-”

“That’s wonderful, thank you.” she ignored my request and walked away.

I grunted as I made my way back to my locker for the fifth time that day. Damn school, I can barely understand what their trying to tell me, and now they want me to clean up their court.

Either way, I strolled the mop in one of my hand and made my way down stairs to the gym where the basketball court stood.

The sounds of rubber bounced off the floor of the room, without looking I yelled.

"School time is over. You have to play during school hours!"

But yet, the ball kept bouncing. Curious at who was playing, I peek from the outside.

In sweats and a tank top was another student. His dark eyes focused on the hoops and his hands swiftly moved against the rubber ball. His foot movements were good, but they didn't seem like those of a runner or a sport player.

The air soften and his image seems to glow a bit, his skin glister from the sweat glands towards the light.

A soft smile had just crossed my lips as I softly walked into the gym. The guy froze in one spot when he saw me enter. His arms crossed his face as he coughed dramaticly into his arm. He gasped and gagged, his face turned pale and his lips quickly faded it's pink shade into a dark purple.

Panicked, I ran into the gym as his body slammed down hard chest down.

"Hey, are you okay?" I spoke in English, so many thoughts ran into my mind as my hands moved from holding his face to rubbing his chest.

Was he going to die in my hands?

"Help!" I screamed still in the same language. So much panic I forgot that I was in Korea.

He gasped as he pointed over to a bag that was sitting on one of the bleachers.

"Wha-?" I softly let his head down to the ground as I grabbed his bag and ran back to him.

Weak and just a few moments from death he quickly dug in his bag.

I know what he's looking for. His inhaler.

Afraid of how much time he's got left, i grabbed his bag and poured everything out. That was when falling stright into his hands was a blue inhaler. He quickly ripped open the top and squeezed the trigger as a puff of air flow to his mouth.

After a few moment, his pale face regained their normal colors and his lips turned back into a happy shade of pink.

He smiled as he pulled himself up. From that moment, i felt the world lifting off my shoulder.

"Thank you." he replied in English. My face brightened, "You speak English?"

"A little." he returned to his original words. (Korean) "You saved my life."

I chuckled, "Well, I didn't do anything exactly. I just, got you your bags."

"That's how you saved me." he repeated as he walked over to the ball and began boucing it once more.

"You play basketball?" I questioned as I took out the mop and began my duty.

"Nope. I like it, but I'm not on the team." His face tensed as he made a shot.

"Well, aren't tryouts next week. You should try out." I smiled.

"Can't. They won't allow me."

They won't allow him? That's illegal! Well, in the US it is. Unless you have some kind of illness on your-...Oh.

"You see, I have ashma. I'm forbidden to play any sport as long as I live." He made another shot, still expressionless. I frowned, I should've seen that one coming.

"Well, I'm DooJoo by the way." he smiled as he pushed the ball back into his bag.

"My name is Lee Jong Mi, nice to meet you." I smiled finishing up my job.

"Ah, the transfer student." he winked, "Thanks for saving my life, transfer student."

My mouth dropped open, he just...winked at me, well, and called me Transfer student. But i guess it's fine.

-

I never saw DooJoo after that week. I'd always come to the gym, looking for him. But no luck there. It's not like I like him or anything it's just, he makes me so curious about him. Something about the way he talks and the way he looks keep catching my eyes.

"Students, please join the school for a prep rally." A lady annouced over the intercome. Are you serious? A prep rally after school? I mean sure we do those things too, but during school! (sorry if you do it after school too)

I was late, once again with my bags over my shoulders I ran my downstairs and towards the soccer field.

Splat. Splat. Splat.

I had unknowingly stopped to the sounds of dribbling. Excited I ran into the gym, and bouncing the ball there was DooJoo. But this time, somthing was diffrent about him, he's gotten alot skinner and he has darker bags under his eyes not. He made a shot, but missed. He even misses his baskets.

He groaned, "Fu**!" he cursed fustrated. I examined how he held the ball, "You're throwing the ball too hard."

I smiled revealing myself from the entrance. His face twisted as he began to cough horrificlly. He fell on both his hands and knees as he gagged for air.

It was Deja Vu all over again. But this time without wasting time I ran over to his bag and dumped out everything.

The words -Inhaler- ran throughout my mind as I searched for it. But to my surprised, he wasn't carrying any inhaler in the bag.

A rush of fear and panic flushed throughout my body as I ran back to DooJoo. His face was blue and his lips were dried up. Without a thought I laid him down, his already motionless body began to run cold.

"Wait!" I yelled as I held tightly onto his cold hands.

I pressed both my hands hard on his chest, I pushed down hard three times with all my might. Clinching his nose together I was awear that what I was going to, was towards a stranger. But before I knew it, my lips were pressed hard agaisnt his chapped lips as I blew air into his mouth.

Three blows of air, I looked up and gasped taking in more air as I scooped down and onto his lips to give him more oxygen.

After the fourth try, I can start to see his face becoming tan again, his cold hands began to regain it's warmth.

He blinked though, still motionless, maybe he needs more air.

I took in a deep breath.

"Okay, I'm alive."

And quickly spat it out when he spoke these words.

He sat up slowly with a sly smile on his face, "You know CPR?"

I nodded, "I took swimming classes back in the US." I ended as I sat next to him.

"Are you fine now?" I hesitatly asked. He laughed, "What, you still want to give me CPR?"

I flushed pink, "No..Well, if you need it." i wishpered the last part, of course.

"Where have you been these past weeks? I don't ever see you in school not even the gym anymore." Not that it was important, i just wanted to know.

"It's becasue of you." He began, i twisted my head towards him confused. "Whenever I see you, even if it's a distance away, I become so breathless. I can't breathe and well, I go into an ashma attack."

I made a face, "So your saying I cause your ashma? Is that good?"

He laughed, "I dont know if it is good or not. All I know is, you're the first non-sportive reason to why I'm so breathless seeing you."

His head faced mine, "Whenever I come to the gym to play basketball, you're always here and so to keep myself from going breathless, I hide. I see you all the time in the hall ways and whenever I do,"

"You go breathless." I finished for him with a smile.

"Yeah." He slowly grabbed my wristed and played with my hands.

"So please Jong Mi, stop making me go breathless for you." our hands interwined and he kissed my knuckles.

My face turned bright red, "Go get yourself a bag!" I blurted out, out of nowhere.

DooJoo made a face, "I guess you're just the random type?"

[A/N--Sorry if this one-shot was more like a chapter. I know it's very long. Blame DooJoo for not confessing:) Dont Forget To Comment!]