In School

The Girl With The Red Umbrella

Hana's POV

Damn. I hate school. Everyone here is annoying or fake. Mom always said that I was quick to judge people and that made me hateful. I never believed her. Until I started high school that is. Thank God I have a window seat in the back. 2 less people to worry about. At least I have Ailee though. Not only is she my neighbor but she sits next to me too. She's the only one who doesn't think I'm completely heartless. "HANAAAAA!" I groan. I snap my head up to look at her. "Why didn't you wait for me this morning?!" Ailee sticks her lower lip out and pouts. "I tried to wake you up but you just kept snoring like a beast." She quickly clamps her hand over my mouth. "Yah! How can you say that here? There are boys watching." I look around and realize she's right. I glare at them all menacingly and they all look away. "There was no need to do that Hana! Why are you so grumpy today?" I give her my are-you-kidding look. "We just got back from break and I woke up early this morning to wake you up and you didn't. Now I'm starving because I couldn't buy breakfast!" Ailee gives me a beaming smile.

"Well lucky for you, you have the greatest best friend in the entire world! I knew you would be mad so I took the liberty of buying us breakfast!" My eyes widen in surprise. "How did you get here so fast then?" Ailee looks at me like I'm crazy. "Yah! 1 week of vacation and you go crazy. How can you forget? The Starbucks down the street has your breakfast every morning." I ponder on it a little bit and I remember. I shoot up out of my seat and yell, "OH! You're right! Sorry I've just been so spaced out lately." It's true. I have been spacing out. I've been thinking about JongIn more and more. Even more than usual. Does that mean I'm going to meet him again soon? I shake my head. Of course not! I haven't seen him since that night. Why would that change now?

"Yah! Are you even listening to me?" Ailee's high-pitched whining snaps me out of my daze. "Yeah yeah yeah. I sent in my application already. Don't worry. I even checked off two categories in case, but I highly doubt I won't get into singles." Ailee's head snaps towards me. She narrows her eyes at me and asks, "What was the second category?" I give her a suspicious look. "Couple Contemporary. Why?" Ailee jumps up from her seat. "WHAT?! ARE YOU CRAZY?!" Everyone's head in the class looks back towards us. "Ailee," I calmly start. "Sit down. Everyone is looking and I hate that." She looks around, realizing everyone's eyes. "Oops. Sorry." She giggles and shyly smiles at the rest of the class. I still have my poker face on when they don't look away. "What are you looking at?!" I snap at them. The stares fade away. Finally the teacher walks in.

Ailee is looking at me with a confused face. "Why would you do that? You never danced with a partner before. I mean I know you choreographed for couples before but that's different. You would actually have to dance with a guy. Can you do that?" I give her a small smirk. "Is that a challenge? You know I always win challenges Ailee. And trust me. They won't put me into Couples Contemp. My audition tape is just me." Ailee relaxes a bit and mumbles, "Okay then. If you say so. After all you're the one dancing, not me." I give her a reassuring smile and pat her on the back. "Good. Now take out your books and start taking some notes. I'm too lazy today." She shoots me a look and I smile brightly at her.

Kai's POV

I stand outside my classroom, listening to the cheerful conversations going on inside about the past vacation. I sigh. Everyone thinks I'm some crazy mean guy who is going to fight the next person who looks at me. I was like that. A long time ago. I smile remembering that night at Hana's. After meeting her, I swore I would never fight for no reason. I walk in smiling with that thought in my head. "Omo. Is Kai smiling? Why is he smiling? Did he send people to the hospital again?" People all around me started to whisper but I just ignored them. I took my seat in the back next to the window, plugging in my earphones and turning up the new song I'm currently choreographing to. Soon my seatmate came in and pulled one of my earphones one.

"Yo! This is the song right?" I turn to see D.O's cheerful face. "Yeah it is. Right now it's just for me, you and Sehun so help me out later." A bright grin spreads across D.O's face. "Yes!" D.O would have continued but our teacher walked in. Since I actually want to go to college, I start to pay attention and talk notes. After awhile, my mind wanders as boredom takes over me. It's okay since I have the best grades in the class. I start to doodle in my notebook. After a while, I stop and take a look at my handiwork. The once blank page is now filled with drawings of Hana's face and her multitude of expressions and words she said that stuck with me. Hell, everything she said that night stuck with me.

Finally at the end of the day, D.O. and I take the bus to our studio to work on the choreo. Soon enough, the rest of the boys walk in. "I brought the new song we recorded last week." Suho, the oldest, holds up a shiny CD case and has the biggest eye smile I've seen on him yet. I jump up and grab the CD and put it into the sound system. The beats start pounding out and I hear Baekhyun's and D.O.'s voice smoothly come out with the beats matching it perfectly. I close my eyes getting used to the first verse and the chorus. When I recognize the end of the chorus, I dash to the middle of the room and start the moves I envisioned while we recorded this song and just now. Almost too soon the song ended and I'm almost out of breath. "Woohooo! The dancing ma-ma-ma-ma-machine strikes again!" Baekhyun sings. I smile closing my eyes and start to organize the moves and transitions in my head. Everyone recognizes what I'm doing and stands behind me. I open my eyes and I see the faces of my 5 best friends all eager to learn the dance I had just created. "Alright then. Let's go!" 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anybody recognize the song mentioned? :D 

And sorry for not updating for so long, school has been crazy and its gonna get crazier so no frequent updates! :( But keep supporting, commenting and subscribing! :D