In the rain

The Girl With The Red Umbrella

*Freshman year*

It was pouring. It's been that way for the entire week. I'm sick and tired of just staying here. I guess I should go take a walk. Her parents weren't there to lecture her about going out anyways. Hana let out a deep sigh and looked around her barren apartment. She started living there about 3 months ago and she still hasn't grown used to being alone in her big condo. Hana walked over to her closet near the door, took our her black and white rain boots and her bright red umbrella. She took one last look at her living room trying to see if she forgot anything. 

 

As Hana stepped out, the smell of wet concrete hit her. She opened her umbrella and headed down the street. Hana was used to walking around alone. One of the only things her parents ever taught her was how to be independent. "Depending on other people is a weakness that can lead to your downfall," her parents used to always say. Being as her father was a movie director and her mother was a CEO of a fashion design company, they were very powerful and independent individuals themselves. It wasn't that her parents didn't love Hana, but they just never had time for her. Even though Hana was always lonely, she understood and let her parents be as long as they provided for her.

 

There was no specific place Hana was walking towards but somehow she ended up at Starbucks. She glanced at her watch and saw that it was only 2 in the afternoon. It's still pretty early. Ill go get a Java Chip Frapuccino. Hana quickly closed her umbrella with a push of a button and walked into the store. The windows were steamy from the heat and rain and the interior smelled like coffee beans and whipped cream. She hurried up and ordered her drink and found a nice spot  to sit next to the window. Hana suddenly realized that she was in the same position as she was when she was at home but she quickly shoved the thought away since she was in the semi-public place drinking her favorite drink. Hana took a quick glance at her drink. It's like a chocolate chip cookie in a cup. She put her iPod on and listened to her most favorite slow songs. As the playlist came on, the first song that played was SHINee's Quasimodo. Hana closed her eyes as she pictured the lyrics and rhythms came to life under her eyelids. As a dancer, this always happened no matter the song she was listening to. When Hana finally snapped out of her trance, she realized it was already 6 p.m. Being slightly afraid of walking alone in the dark, she gathered her things and left.

 

As she was passing the park near her house, Hana heard that was almost like a person in immense pain. Pushing her fears aside, she quickly glanced around the park until she noticed a boy with a navy blue sweater lying on the ground covered in bruises. Hana reached out to touch him when he suddenly started to cluch his stomach in pain and groaned again. Seeing as how he was in no condition to answer the questions running through her mind, Hana quickly calculated the time it would take to get him to the hospital and realized it would take too long. Not thinking rationally, she decided to bring him to her house.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The first chapter is up!! Yayy! I've decided to split the first chapter into two because it seems more suspenceful! This chapter and the next one will both be in past tense before the real story starts so please bear with me until then. I love subscribers and commentsss!! :D