Happily Never After – Pussycat Dolls (YeHyuk, minor broken!YeHae) [Played twice]

10 Songs, 10 Drabbles (2)

Genre: Angst, Romance

Word Count: 316


***

Jongwoon walks the path like she’s never walked it before.  She takes teetering steps that wobble as she moves.  She wants to move but suddenly can’t.  Her suitcase rocks on the cobble stones, wheels screeching.  She can’t take it anymore. She can’t take the fights, she can’t take the emotional turmoil.  She doesn’t want to shed another tear.

Those late night cuddles were amazing.  But they could never make up for all the torture of the last few months.

She’d somehow made it to Hyukjae’s place without breaking down, her smile sour.  Her hands were trembling on the wheel as the world whirled past as she got to the address.  She stumbled out of the car, barely able to hold her own weight.  The white blonde male caught her in his arms before she completely collapsed.  She sobbed and clutched his jacket between her baby fingers. 

“I left.  I finally left him.” And she should smile.  She’d finally gathered the courage to leave the relationship that destroyed her.  The air was fresher, the world was happier, why was she so sad?

“It’s okay.  It’s okay.” Hyukjae soothed the woman with his heart.  He remembered the late nights of ice cream as she stayed over when the other male was on a business trip.  She’d complained and cried like no tomorrow, hoping her heart would heal.  And when he’d suggested the idea of leaving, she attempted and she’d been drawn back by Donghae’s beautiful words.  But this time she’d made it.  She’d grabbed her stuff and drove to Hyukjae, dry eyes now spilling endless waterfalls.

“I still love him.  How could I still love him.  How could I!?  I should be happy!” And Jongwoon cries until her tears and Hyukjae whispers those words to himself as well. “There’s no happy ending with him!”

Why do I still love you?  With you there’s no happily ever after either.


***