Start

When Love Ends

"Ukhh ukhh.." he hasn't stop coughing. I hit his back harder.

"Tao, what happen?" i began to worried about him. His eyes are teary. His eyes suddenly widened and he moan.

Suddenly, he swoon to the ground.

"TAO!!"


"Huang Zi Tao's guardian?" asked the nurse. I lift my head and the nurse smiles. "The doctor wants to see you" i stand up and enter the doctor's room. The doctor looks at me and smile.

"Huang Zi Tao's guardian?"

"Yes" i sit in front of the doctor. The doctor stares at me.

"I'm sorry if i ask this but, where's his parents? I think i should talk about this with his parents." said the doctor.

"But.. He.. Got no parents" i replied and the doctor's eyes are widened.

"Oh God, sorry. So, you're his girlfriend or something close related to him?"

"Y-Yes. So, doctor, what happened to Tao?" i asked curiously, although a part of me hasn't ready to hear what really happen. The doctor sighs and shows an X-Ray of Tao's backbone.

"So, Miss-"

"Rin" i said.

"Yes, Miss Rin, i actually don't really sure you're ready to hear this, but-uhh Mister Tao ails osteosarcoma. It's a type of tumor or cancer that's malignant and it usually attack kids or teenagers. Even from the medical research, we don't know yet what could cause it. Osteosarcoma usually attack hands or legs, but this time, it attacks Mister Tao's backbone because the bones are long. This is an aggressive tumor because it can creep into lung's organ." explained the doctor. My jaw dropped and my eyes widened after i heard the doctor's words. How can it be? He never told me about it.
"And, this one has creep into the lung. It's a type of metastatic osteosarcoma. Metastatic osteosarcoma is typically difficult to control."

"B-But, he won't.. die, right?" i asked carefully and the doctor sighs.

"Well, less than 20% of patients with metastatic osteosarcoma survived without recurrence of their cancer because they got treatments. The treatments may consist of surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, biological therapy, or a combination of these treatment techniques. But, Miss Rin" the doctor glanced at me. "I'm not sure about this, but we will do our best to safe Mister Tao" said the doctor. I nodded.

"How much is the treatment cost?" i asked the doctor.

"We don't know yet, Miss Rin. We will tell you later. Ok, that's all for now. If there's something you need to know, don't be afraid to ask about it to me. I'll answer it as long as i know the answer. And, Miss Rin" he smiles. "We'll do our best to safe him, we won't let him go away. So, don't be afraid, ok?"

"Yes.." i answer weakly as i stand up. "Thanks doctor" i bow and leave the doctor's room. I walk towards Tao's room and i open the door. I see Tao is laying down weakly on the hospital's bed. He's awake and he stares blankly at the window. An infusion connected to his hand. I walk slowly and he glanced at me.

"Rin.." he says and i give him a forced smile.

"How do you feel?" i sit on the chair next to his bed.

"Like usual" he replied. It's an awkward 10 seconds, none of us start to speak.

"Tao, i don't know how to explain this but you ails-"

"Osteosarcoma, i know" he turns his head around, back facing me. "You don't need to explain it to me." he continues.

"S-So you knew about it, why don't you tell me?" i asked worrily.

"Why should i tell you about my own disease? Besides, i don't even want to think about it" he sighs. My eyes are teary, i don't even know why but i feel like i want to cry. "Can i go home now? I don't like the hospital's smell"

"N-No! You can't! You ail a cancer, how can you leave the hospital when you ail cancer!" i said. He hissed. "Tao, h-how long have you ail this disease?" i asked carefully. He stares at me.

"Since 3 years ago" he replied. My eyes got widened. "I thought it's not a big deal, since i don't feel the pain, and.." he stopped and he bit his own lips. "And then this happens" he continues. I fist my arm real tight and lower down my head. I don't know that all this time he faked smiles and he tried so hard not to think about it.

"You.. You should have told me about this. YES there's no reason why you should tell me about this, but at least, let me know so that i could help you. We are, best friends, right?" i lift my head and Tao is looking at me. HIs eyes are different, it used to be so happy and now it looks so sad. He sighs and nodded.

"Yes, we're best friend" and then he smiles. "But i don't want you to worry about me." he said.

"Tao, who'll pay for this?" i asked him and he raises his shoulder. "It-It has to be your parents but-uhh.. Sorry"

"So, shall we go home now? There's no one who can pay for this. And the treatment is extremely expensive, let's go" he tries to stand up but i stopped him.

"No! Don't!" i push him and he forcely laid down again. "I-I will pay for this!" i said.

"W-What? Are you insane?" he slants his eyes and shook his head. "No way!"

"Call me insane but i will do it!" i stare at him and he hissed. "I don't know how much it costs but, i'll do it for you!"

"You mustn't! Are you insane! Let's just go home! I'm fine!" he forced me.

"NO! Listen to me! What if something happens to you and we can't do about it?! You have a chance to have treatments now! We should do it! YOU HAvE TO DO IT! It's for your own sake, Tao! Trust me, you'll be happy too if your condition back to normal, right?"

He stares at me like he can't believe what i just said. He hissed one more time and glanced at my serious face.

"Dammit, they need to be here now!" he scratches his head.

"They? Who are they?" i asked curiously.

"My parents" he replied. "It used to be them who paid for my hospital check ups or something related to my disease."

"Y-You said your parent's are dead, right?" i asked him even more curious. He stares at me deeply.

"You are my best friend, right?" he asked and i nodded. "My parents, left me after they couldn't paid for my hospital check up"

 


HE-YO !

So here's chapter 9! I WANT TO THANK GOOGLE FOR OSTEOSARCOMA INFORMATIONS! Especially

TEXAS ONTOLOGY!

/
\
/
\
v

http://www.texasoncology.com/types-of-cancer/bone-cancer/osteosarcoma-overview/metastatic-osteosarcoma/

To be honest, this chapter is so short, and 40% of this chapter is about Tao's disease but,

I PROMISE THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE EVEN MORE INTERESTING ;______; SO PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE ME ~~

With Love, REBECCA