Because I

When Love Ends

"What is it, Rin?" asked Tao.

"L-Lay?"


That boy. The boy who broke my heart.

"So you still remember me, Rin?" Lay smiled and walk towards me. I step backwards, avoiding him to come closer. Tao is still holding my hand. "Why? You're afraid of me?" he continued. I shook my head.

"I think i gotta go home, now." i said. I glance at Tao who is still looking at me weirdly. "Tao, you're coming with me, aren't you?"

"Yeah sure. Let me get my bike" he turns around, leaving me with Lay. It's awkward. I don't feel like talking to him, nor am i going to start a conversation. He is just looking at me, and i'm only back facing him.

"So, Rin" he started. I look at him. "You miss me?"

"Never" i replied harshly. "Why should i miss you?" he giggled.

"Because you still love me?" he raises his eyebrow and i was like, what the hell? Ok fine, i still have A LITTLE feelings towards him, but I HATE HIM. Gladly, Tao paddled his bike towards me.

"Gotta go. See you never" i said.

"You mean, LATER right?" he asked.

"NEVER" i clarified and then i leave him alone.

Me and Tao didn't even start a conversation. He paddled the bike very fast.

"He is.. Your-uh.. Ex?" he asked.

"You want to know?" i asked him and he nodded. "Let's go to the park over there" i point at a park and he stopped in front of it. We walked towards a bench and sit on it.

"You're right" i started. "He is my ex. He is my childhood friend. A very handsome one. Every girl admire him so much, including me. His parents and my parents were very close. We used to walked together to school, and walked back to our home. I was so surprised when he said that he loved me so much. And it felt like a miracle when we were in a relationship. Because.. He is an 'idol' in my school and i was only a 'grass'  to everyone. How come we could be in a relationship?" i sigh. Tao nodded and my back slowly.

"And then?" he asked.

"Until one day, i couldn't call him, he didn't reply my messages, when i came to his house, he wasn't there. And then a week later, i saw him walking with a very beautiful girl. He betrayed me. I cried that night. And i guess that was the end" i smiled, forced smile.

"Y-you know" he started. "I didn't believe in love" he said.

"Why not?" i asked curiously.

"Just like what you said, love is full of betrayal, tears, sadness, and how can you call it love when you cry more than you smile?" he said. "And, you should forget about that jerk. It's sad if you let your past relationship ruin your future happiness, am i right?" he smiled and pinch my cheek. "Smile Rin, smile"

I giggled and nodded. "You know love better than i am" i said.

"Really? I've never been in a relationship before" he smiled. What? Never?

"What did you just said? NEVER?" he nodded. "How come? You know you're a very uh-good looking guy" i said.

"I know i'm handsome. Ha ha ha.." he glanced at me and i slant my eyes. "Well, what is love? I don't really understand the feeling of being in love with someone. Since my past is so bad. You know, my parents?" he asked.

"Uh-yeah. Y-you should forget about it then. Let's just go home and forget about our past, shall we?" i hit his back slowly and he laughed.

"Sure. Come on, then."


I was enjoying my rainy afternoon. I listen to my MP3 when suddenly, someone rang the bell.

Mom isn't at home now. So i going downstairs and open the door. My eyes got wider for the second time. No, it's not Lay.

"GEGE!" i yelled. Yes, it's my older brother, Xiu Min. I jumped and hug him.

"You haven't change that much, have you RIn?" he messed up my hair and i release him. I pout and he giggled.

"Rin! Bad news!" he said.

"What? What is it?" i asked curiously. "Wait, is it about Lay?" i crossed my hand and he nodded.

"He was asking about you. But seriously, i said that you're in Japan but how come yesterday he said that he had found you! So in a rush, i came here yesterday after i heard that he found you. And, jjajan! I'm here" he giggled.

"Because i'm smart?"

Both me and gege look turn around and. WHAT THE! Lay is standing in front of my house's door, smiling like there's nothing wrong!

"The hell! What are you doing here! Get out!" i yelled and push the door but he stopped me.

"I need to explain something!" he said. "Give me a chance, Rin! I need to explain! I don't expect you to give me answer but please just listen to me!"

"Explain what? Go away!" i yelled. Gege is staring at Lay weirdly while i'm staring at Lay fiercely. Gege pull me away and told me to calm down. He permitted Lay to go inside and sit on the couch. What? NO!

"What do you want to explain?" Gege started.

"A-about the girl you saw about 4 months ago" he looked at me innocently. You think i'm going to fall for it? Give me a break. I crossed my hand and slant my eyes.

"What? You broke up with her?" i asked harshly. Gege my back.

"What's with that girl?" Gege asked Lay again.

"It was a mistake! She's not my girlfriend! She's just a friend. I still love you, you know?" he explained. I was shocked. I can see that his eyes are different. It used to be bad boy-ish and now? It's really serious and how come i can feel that he's telling the truth after all this time, he never been this serious.

"So, i guess you've explain everything, can you leave here alone now? You said that you need to explain something, and not expecting her answer." Gege opens the door and giving Lay a signal to get out as soon as possible.

"Look, Rin" he started again, i glanced at him. "What about, we meet again tomorrow?" i sigh and nodded. He give me a smile and stand up. "See you tomorrow" and then he leave me with gege. Gege closed the door and sit beside me.

"So, you're going to forgive him?" he asked. I shook my head. "Then why did you nodded?" i shook my head and he sighed. "You still love him, aren't you Rin?"

"It's not like i'm expecting him to be my boyfriend again, no, i'm not. And yes, maybe i still love him. But.." i stopped. I don't know what to say. Gege sighed and my back.

"Let's eat dinner. You should just think about it later. For now, let's eat. I'm hungry" he make a hillarious face and i giggled.

"Ok, let's go"


It's a very bright morning and i walk to my class. I open the door and i see Tao is sitting on his chair, he glanced at me and wave. I waved back. I walk towards my chair and sit on it.

"How's your sleep?" he asked.

"A bit confusing one" i replied. He scratches his head.

"Why? Is there something wrong? Tell me!" he forced.

"Well, yesterday. He came to my house.." i started.

"Who? Your ex?" his eyes got wider and i nodded. "What did he want?" then Tao grab a lollipop and open it.

"He told me that he wanted to meet me today" i replied.

"So, you're going to see him?" Tao stuffed his mouth using a lollipop. I nodded. "Why? I told you to forget about that jerk, didn't i?"

"I guess i was wrong. He came to my house last night" i said. He pout. "What?"

"He came to your house and suddenly you believe him? What the hell?"

"No, he explained about the girl that i saw about 4 months ago. He said that she's just his friend" i clarified but Tao didn't hear what i said. He looks at the other way, avoiding my eye contact. "Are you mad at me?" i asked him.

"Of course i am. I thought you'll forget about him soon" he sulk and i giggled. "I'm serious!"

"W-what?" i flicked my eyes numerous times and he stares at me seriously. "Why so serious?"

"Because! Because i-"