D-Dad?

When Love Ends

“Punch me again! I’m not afraid of you!” he said as he moves his head closer to his dad’s hand. “Punch me again! You like to see me suffering right? You like to see me ails osteosarcoma right? You said you feel bad about what you’ve done to me, now what? PUNCH ME!” he yells to his dad. His mom is crying.

“Honey, please. Stop it” says his mom. “Tao you too, just stop it” she palmed her face and burst into crying. His dad looking at Tao fiercely, so does Tao.

“I will never. EVER agree with this!” said Tao’s dad to both of us.


Tao is staring straight outside the window while i’m laying down on my hospital’s bed. His parents went out after his father punched him really hard. His mother forced his father to go out and calm down. Tao hasn’t talked to me yet after his parents left my room. He just staring blankly outside the window and i’m pretty sure he’s thinking about what his father said to both of us. Suddenly, the door opens. It’s Tao’s mother. She closed the door and walked towards us. Tao is giving her a fierce glare and he rolled his eyes.

“What do you want again?” asked Tao to his own mother and his mother sighed.

“Tao, listen to me. What have you done to Rin? She’s not even 20, and you’re not even 20 too? It’ll be very hard for her to accept the fact that she must be a mother at her young age” her mother speaks out. I gulped down and Tao hissed.

“I-I’m okay” i started. His mother glanced at me and sighed.

“Rin, are you seri-“

“OH SHUT UP! She said she’s okay with it!” Tao cut his mother’s word and stands up from his chair, looking at his mother fiercely.

“Tao!” i yelled at him and he glanced at me. “Why did you say like that to your mother? Are you nuts!” i furrowed my eyebrows and he bit his lips.

“Rin, it’s okay.” Said his mother to me and give me a warm smile. “Tao, your dad may not accept it but it’s not like i’m not going to accept it” his mother smiled. Tao lift his head and looks into his mother’s eyes.

“Mom..” he widened his eyes and his mother nodded.

“If with Rin, i’m okay with it” his mother patted my shoulder and Tao’s eyes got even wider and also his smile.

“MOM!” he run towards his mother and hug her tightly. I’m so happy for him, and for both of us. 


 

It’s the day when i have to go home. I’m packing all of my clothes and stuffs. Tao and Xiumin gege are helping me.

“Gege, i’m going to buy coffees okay?” i said to gege. Tao widened his eyes.

“NO! I’LL GO BUY THE COFFEE! STAY HERE!” he said and i giggled.

“Don’t worry. It’s not that far.” I said as i walk towards the door.

“You sure?” he asked worrily. I nodded and went out from my room. I walk towards the food court and to the vending machine. I saw someone who’s familiar to me, Tao’s father, sitting on a bench in the hospital’s garden, not far from the food court. I walk towards him and when he saw me, i bowed a little and he just nodded slowly. I gulped down and sit next to him.

“How do you feel right now?” he asked me and i was shocked.

“Oh, me? I-I’m fine. I can go home today so Tao and my gege are helping me packing my clothes and my stuffs” i said and he nodded. “S-Sir..” i said and he glanced at me. “So, about you won’t accept the fact that i’m pregnant” i said and he sighed.

“Yes, why?” he asked.

“I.. I love your son, really. I’m okay with all of these because i trust him. I know he loves me back and-“ i said just then his father rested his chin on his right palm and sighed again. “S-Sir?”

“Rin, i know the reason why he did that to you” he said.

“You do?” i asked curiously and he nodded.

“Yeah. The doctor doesn’t think he’ll make it until 20” he gulped down. “We all don’t think he’ll make it” he continued. I bit my lips. “It’s just that, i don’t want you to be lonely. I don’t want you to feel the pain if my son really going to leave us soon. I just..” he sighed. “I know i’m greedy but i don’t want him to do the same thing like i’ve done to him” he explained. I just nodded slowly. Both of us just stay quite until suddenly Tao’s father stood up and give me a warm smile. I quickly stand up too.

“Rin, can you take care of my son?” he asked me. I nodded slowly and he pats my shoulder. “And can you take care of my grand child?”

I widened my eyes and gasped. He smiles even wider than before and i just looking at him, can’t believe what he just said to me.

“S-Sir, you mean…”

“Please stay safe until the time you have to give birth to this child” he looked at my stomach and smile again. “I can’t believe i’ll be a grandfather at this age” he giggled. Suddenly Tao came and pull me away from his father.

“What do you want?” he asked fiercely to his father and i push him away. “Why Rin?” he asked confusedly to me.

“Tao” his father speaks up and Tao glanced at him. “Stay healthy okay” he said and Tao furrowed his eyebrows. “Stay healthy until Rin gives birth to your future baby” he continues and Tao gasped and his father pulls him for a hug. Tao didn’t hug back, he’s still shocked with what his father just said to him. It’s so touching. Finally his parents receive the fact that i’m pregnant, receive the fact that their son is going to be a father. Suddenly, i hear Tao sobs once. His father pats his back slowly and Tao bursts into tears. My eyes are teary.

“Dad” he said and sobs again. “Dad i’m sorry” he finally hug his dad tightly and his dad nods.

“It’s okay Tao. I’m sorry too. Let’s build a new future for us” his father replied and closed his eyes tightly as tears falling down from his eyes. 


 

 

I’m arrived in front of my house. Gege is carrying my bags while i run towards my room and jump to my bed.

“Waaaah it’s good to be home” i hugged my pillows and gege enters my room. He throws my bags and hissed.

“Yah, i’m not your butler” he complained and sits on my bed where i’m laying down. I kicked him to go away from my bed and he slanted his eyes. I giggled. “Do you hate me that much?” he pinched my cheek.

“No no no no!” i try to push him away and he laughed.

“One problem solved huh?” he asked and i nodded happily. “One more problem” he said and i furrowed my eyebrows.

“What is it?” i asked curiously.

“Yah, stupid! You got parents too right!”

“Oh.. Yeah” i bit my lips and he sighed.

“What are you going to do?” he asked curiously. I raised my shoulder, signaling that i don’t even know what to do. “You have to tell them no matter what” he said.

“I know” i replied. “They need to know about this but i’m so afraid. What if they harm Tao for doing this to me? What if they won’t believe me that i’m okay with all of these things?” i bit my lips and gege sighed.

“I know Tao wouldn’t let them refuse this. I know he’ll work hard until mom and dad accept it” he said and i just nodded.

“I won’t let him doing it alone” i said. “I mean, it’s my parents this time.” Gege nodded and just smile at me.

“Do it. I know they will accept it no matter how hard it is” he said.

“Accept what?”

Me and Gege quickly turn our head around and landed our eyes at the person who’s standing in front of my room.

“D-Dad?”