like the movies

Tell Me, What is Love?

 

Music: What is Love – Exo-M

 

You and Lu Han were the best of friends since you were kids. Even though you are already teenagers, you are still best friends. Since you promised each other that you will be best friends forever.

 

You were in your secret place, a place which only the two of you go. You found this place when you were 9 and Lu Han was 10 years old. Lu Han enjoys climbing the tall green trees and just relaxing there.

 

You love the lovely and colorful flowers surrounding the place. This nice place was created by Lu Han's father just for him as a gift. It was in the middle of the woods with a wooden bench under a tree.

 

And there was a single slide and two swings, making it look like a park. You were sitting on the ground while Lu Han was lying on the grass. You checked the time on your pink wrist watch and shook his arm.

 

You said in a soft sing-song voice. "Oppa, let's watch the sun set." He removed his arm that was covering his eyes from the sun light. Lu Han didn't get up but he extended his arm to you and reached up.

 

You casted Lu Han a questioning look, so he said. "Help oppa get up." You grasped his hand tightly and helped him stand on his feet with force. When he was able to stand up, he got out of balance, making him stumble.

 

The good thing was that you were able to catch him before he fell. But his tender lips accidentally brushed your blushing and flaming cheeks. It was ironic because you were the one catching him before he fell.

 

Shouldn't this romantic moment right now happen the other way around? To break the awkward silence, you grabbed Lu Han's arm and ran. You raced towards the top part of the hill to witness the sun set.

 

Waiting for the sun set, you started the conversation with him. "Oppa, I have something to tell you." You began with a serious tone. Lu Han looked up at you and asked. "Something serious? What is it about?"

 

You dramatically exhaled a heavy sigh before you answered his question. "Oppa, you know Se Hun, right? Your friend? He is courting me, oppa." His endearing eyes widened in shock and disbelief. "Really?! I didn't know."

 

You lowered your head and meekly asked. "Are you angry at me or him?" He shook his head and waved his hands quickly in front of his face. "Of course not! I was just so shocked. He's my friend, remember?"

 

You nodded as an answer to him but you didn't say anything after. He asked cautiously. "So, did you accept him as your boyfriend already?"

 

You shook her head in denial. "I didn't, but I didn't reject him also. I don't know on how I really feel for him. I want to be sure about this."

 

Lu Han took a small step towards you, making your faces closer. "Why can't you explain how you feel for him, huh?" He questioned you. You took a small step backward and answered. "I don't know."

 

He took another step towards you, closing the distance between you and him. "Does it feel like a day with him feels like a minute only?" You stepped backward slowly and answered again. "I don't know."

 

Lu Han stepped forward, nearing you with your faces just an inch apart. "When you're with him, do you feel like a main character of a movie?" You cautiously stepped backwards and answered him. "I don't know."

 

He took another step forward, piercing your soul with his intent gaze. "Every time you get to see him, does it make you feel like a hero?" You took another step backwards and unknowingly answered. "I don't know."

 

Lu Han stepped forward again towards you, with his eyes meeting your eyes. "Are there times that you think that he is the perfect one for you?" You stepped back and answered with a confused face. "I don't know."

 

He took another step towards you, looking intently at your beautiful face. "How do you imagine things would be if you will be together with him?" You took a small step backward and unconsciously answered. "I don't know."

 

Lu Han took a step towards you, exhaling a deep sigh that tickled your nose. "Once you say 'yes' to him, do you think everything will be perfect?" You absentmindedly stepped backward and answered again. "I don't know."

 

He took a final step closer to you, with his bambi eyes twinkling. "How about this one, can you feel it?" He asked as he touched your cheeks. You smiled up to him and nodded happily. "Yes, I do feel it, oppa."

 

Lu Han took his hand away from your flushed cheeks and flicked your forehead. He laughed hardly as he held on his stomach. "So, you are really in love!" You rubbed the sore spot on your forehead. "Ouch! That hurts, oppa."

 

He looked away from you as he faced the setting sun in the backdrop and spoke in a softened voice that you can't even clearly hear him. "If you will be with him, all the guys in this world will be jealous of him."

 

You took your eyes away from his perfect face and looked at the sunset too. "If I wish and wish earnestly, will my dreams come true like the fairytales? Will I have a never-ending happy ending and a happily ever after?"

 

Lu Han casually inserted his hands inside his pockets as he faced your direction. "Even after the sun goes down and moon goes down, nothing will ever change."

 

You exhaled deeply as you brought your eyes down on the soil and thought. When I'm next to Lu Han oppa, I shine more brightly as I become a better girl.

 

Lu Han turned around on his heels and he walked away from you as he thought. You will find out one day that I’m a guy whom you can trust with your heart.

 

Seeing Lu Han walking away from you, you ran towards him and hugged him. You confessed with glossy eyes, as your mind tried to fight her feelings. "Lu Han oppa, I lost my mind every time I see you. Tell me, is this love?"

 

Lu Han locked you in his warm embrace and spoke with passion on his eyes. "Except you, everything gets in slow motion. Tell me, is this love too?" You broke away from the tight embrace and faced Lu Han with a smile.

 

"Oppa, I don't know this kind of unconditional emotion. Tell me, what is love? Is this love? If this is not love, then what is this?" Lu Han smiled as he moved your bangs away from your eyes and looked down on you.

 

"What we feel is not just an unconditional emotion, this is more than that. This unconditional emotion that we feel for each other is an unconditional love."

 

But will you still be best friends until the end or will it be something better than friendship? Are you willing to sacrifice you friendship over something that makes your heart pound crazily?

 

Lu Han and you said together looking at each other's eyes filled with joy. "I love you and will always will. And until the day I die." You both smiled at this. He laced his pinky with yours, doing a pinky promise as he spoke to you.

 

"I'll make you smile like a child and make you feel comfortable like a friend." You’re doing the pinky promise, you promised the words he longed to hear.

 

"Lu Han oppa, I will always promise to trust you, protect you and comfort you. I will always stay by your side forever and I will never leave you."

 

The new couple both walked hand in hand towards the wooden bench under the tree. Lu Han intently gazed at your beautiful face as he whispered to your ear.

 

"All the guys in this world must be jealous to death of me for having you." You stood tall on your tippy toes as you kissed the rosy cheek of Lu Han. Then you faced him with a grateful smile as you added. "I can tell, this is love."