Into her eyes

The Vampire's Romance

 

 ❝I thought I'd forget you, but I guess I forgot to.❞

 


 

I felt like I'm dying... alive.

The bitter coldness of the ground touched my dehydrated skin. My dry throat was burning me alive, but I fought through my stinging eyes and looked at the endless darkness. This place was a living hell–with no water and lights, I knew I was going to survive not any longer than another 5 minutes.

My wounds stopped bleeding–but I knew that there was too little blood left to continue on.

'Will you marry me?' His sound still echoing in my mind, replaying for endless times and bringing the endless pain.

'I won't let anyone hurt you...' By his anyone, did he not include himself?

My now greasy hair flowed from my shoulders to my feet. The hair he once loved is now being crawled with unidentified insects; I could see streaks of grey hair blending into my once dark hair–the color of the night or so he used to praise.

This is ridiculous and absurd.

Why am I still thinking of him at my last minute? The memories of him, his sweet words, and undeniable touch–all made me sick. He broke his own promise shamelessly, how dare he–to appear in my mind?

'If there's really another life...If I could love you more than I do now, I will.' His smile sickened my heart as I bit my swelling cracked lips to fight back my tears.

"If there's...really another l-life..." I struggled, my hands printing his name with my bloods on the bare ground, "If we were to meet again..." I continued, tears finally broke through my barrier.

"I will cause you pain..." With the last tears, and a last breathe, I marked my words, "I will make you suffer that you could die–alive, Oh Jin Guk."

 


L e e   J i   E u n ' s   T a l k

 

I WOKE UP TO THE SOUNDS OF CLANK–CLINK–CLUNK–AND–CLANG CLATTERING.

I felt the soft mattress under my skin, my body warmed with heat, and my eyes a little bit blurry to the bright light. I realized I was in a room–but the question was how.

If I recalled, I dozed off in a library and–

"So you did wake up after all." I tried to push myself up to the sound, but my body won't move to my will–at all.

"No no no, my dear. Don't try to move. You can't." The sound... The sound was absolutely of–a woman.

"Who–Who are you?! And Why am I here?" I shouted, my face facing the ceiling, my body felt like boulders.

"The Lord  wants you here. You'll be able to see him soon enough." Lord? Um, excuse me? But am I in some kind of a fairy tale, transferring back through time? This sounds...Hilarious.

"This is insane. Your lord or whoever he is–I don't know him. You must've mistaken me for someone else!"

"Shhh! Noise down! Who do you think you are, missy? And we're not mistaken, you are Lee Ji Eun, correct?" I was shocked. Why would she know my name? I don't recall ever giving my names out recklessly like that, do I?

"W-Who are you, and where exactly in the world is this?" I could hear her smirked and tried hard not to burst into a laughter, but the hell I cared. I was serious.

"Who am I? That's a rare question, my dear. No one really cares. People in this land would pass by me and they wouldn't even notice. But very well, since you're the first one, I shall granted you your answer. I am Amelia–or in your language–Gi Gi, that sounds weird." She scrunched her nose, muttering the last phrase and continued, "The fortune-keeper and the protector of this land."

"And where is this so-called land..?" I insisted. 

"It's the land of the Great 3. The place where the 3 lines of the va–"

"You talked too much, Amelia. Now, get out." Another voice appeared, it sounds manly. Could this be...the Lord?!

"Y-Yes, the second lord." I secretly sighed in relieve. Even though it was just a matter of time that I'll met the real lord lord, delaying would be the best to go.

I could hear the sounds of the door shut closed, as his steps came nearer, and nearer, and nearer, and stopped.

"Ji Eun-ah..." I actually jumped. This voice was so familiar that I got goosebumps streaming over my body. 

But before I lose my silly consciousness again, the guy leaned over above me and looked in worry. But I was too shocked to response that I barely came up with the right name.

"J–Ji Yong...Oppa?!!!" Just what in the world is God trying to play with my life?

 


O h   S e   H u n ' s   T a l k

 

I could feel the fires burning inside me. 

"I'm sorry, young master. But there is no trace of any sign of attacks. It seems like he's just sleeping–endlessly." Dr.Dean, our family doctor, bowed his head and went outside.

"Young master..." Old Man Park called, his voice filled with pity I do not need. It's not like Abeoji is dying, is he? He's just sleeping, he's just resting for a while...He'll wake up soon enough. I kept telling myself all over again and again.

"What is it?" I humbly asked, standing still by abeoji's bed.

"The information has leaked, the Council of Elders called for a meet–"

"Tell them to just GET LOST! My dad's just resting for a while, and now, they're all fussing over the position?! My dad...My dad is working his life to protect all of them, and they're being greedy for his position?! Tell me, old man park....Tell me what I needed to do now...." I finally broke out, trembling. My eyes turned red with hatred, as I flashed my glare through the window, straight to another building. The Councils.

BANG!

The door slammed open and Old Nanny appeared. Great Timing. Just Great.

"Y-Young Master...T-There was a sudden attack at the Council's headquarter!!!"

 

 

I IMMEDIATELY PULLED OVER AT THE SKYSCRAPER OF THE COUNCIL'S HEADQUARTER.

To a mere mortal, it'd seem just normal–just a busy morning of a large company. But to creatures like us, it was a chaos. The hall was a disaster, furnitures crashed into undefinable pieces, workers and staffs lying on the ground–drained. Or blood drained, to be exact.

Who were they? How dare they caused a scene at the headquarter and even appeared in their vampire forms in this broad day light?

I noticed a council elder, Lord Hoffman, healing a bunch of people at a corner of the hall. His face was paled–from using too much of his power; he seemed to age another 1o years in a blink of eyes.

"What exactly happened?" I ran to him, followed by old man park and old nanny who I couldn't bare leaving behind to risk themselves.

"Se hun-ah! You should go to the top floor of the meeting room! The enemy has invaded our territoy!"

"I'm not going to hide. Tell me where they are, I will behead them to avenge all of these people!" He heaved a deep sigh, as he gave me a faint smile.

"I'm glad that you think this way. The enemies are in the underground parking lot. Other council elders are fighting them back. It seemed like they're trying to find something in the basement."

"Alright then. Old man park and old nanny, you should stay here and help Lord Hoffman with the healing. I'm going!" Without denying, I 'swifted' through the stairs and into the lot.

 

 

I was speechless. 

The enemies that attacked us....were the Great 3? 

Armies of avengers, the dukes, and the 3 great souls were surrounding the 10 defenseless council elders. I cleared off my scent and turned myself invisible, while waiting for the right moment to attack.

The council elders were left standings with no weapons, their eyes turned humanly black, and their bodies trembling in fear. If it was any other time, I'd laugh my head off, but first thing first.

"So...where is it, again?" The voice appeared out of nowhere. But I noticed the armies dividing themselves into 2 lines, making spaces for the thing to come out.

"Y-YOU?!" One of the elders exclaimed, but I couldn't see anything from this angle. And If I tried to move, they will eventually find out. Staying still was the best option.

I could see 2 people walking in the middle, one guy and one girl. Who were they?–was the only answerless question.

The guy had a blonde hair, tall, and seemed powerful. In the other hand, the girl seemed more humanly by her scents, her silky dark hair flowed pass her shoulders, lying til her small waist. Aish! There's no time to be playboy-ing, Oh Se hun!

I tried my best moving nearer without letting them noticing, and it was a success. Now, I was right behind them. If only...If only I could attack the girl and caught her off-guard first...

Unexpectedly, the girl turned, her face surprised. I, still in my invisible form, met her eyes. Even though I thought I was invisible, it seemed like she saw me.

And then...

The moment stopped. Everything stopped moving–even the trembling elders stopped shaking. It was like I was absorbed by some kind of power into her eyes, everything seemed to move in a speed of light...until I felt that I was not there anymore.

The next seconds I opened my eyes, I was standing in some kind of underground cave.

Looking at a dying girl. 

-----

LOL. Okay, the chapter was BAD BAD. I'm really sorry,

it's the best I could do, but I'm trying to edit some parts :D

So okie, I AM sick. *cough cough* 

But I felt like updating, so...yeah. xD

This chapter is, yet, rushing again.

I tried to put in the sad-impressions in this chappie,

Did you guys feel it? lol.

Anyway, please enjoy and leave a comment~

I'll update as soon as I feel better!

Kamsahaeyo~ Ahnyeong ^ ^