The Missing Page

The Vampire's Romance

 ❝I've never understood the reason for me to breathe,

For until I met you, I finally realized that my life has never been mine from the start, it was yours all along.

 


 

I've never given much imaginations to how my first love would turn out to be. 

 

But, to think that my first true love would be implanting on this unfamiliar land, and to top it with the worst, these not-so-ordinary people, it's as if nightmare crawled the Earth.

 

Though, the pain is like a drug–so addictive that I couldn't restrain myself from. I had always counted myself as one of those heaven's-on-my-side people whose fates were always full with twists and surprises, to the point that I actually believed all the lucks I've had; from dropping an apple but it eventually bounced up to my hand by itself when I was about to reach for to how I would always guess all the right answers to questions I was absolutely sure I have no such ideas about; those things which I've always considered my birth-lucks or even a gift after losing my parents, and the reality I believed. 

 

But the moment his fate brought him crushing into mine, I eventually knew, that this is no luck or miracles we're talking about.

   

It was pure energy, it was power, it was my nature.

 


O h  S e  H u n ' s   T a l k 

 

YOUNG MASTER, WE'VE ARRIVED IN ITALY"

"The time is approximately 10 in the morning, the weather is about 26 degree celsius in Rome." My father's right hands aka The Old Man Park reported while the plane is about to land; knowing that I wouldn't care anyway.

 

I shrugged as my fingers move through the pages of the book I was reading. It was a nice book, alright, but don't take me wrong, it's no romantic novels where the girls are drooling over the main male protagonists or such. It's a journal book, with the mix of Reality and myths of the origin of the Oh Clan left by our ancestors, yes, you heard it right; the origin of the Ohs which my dear father has been urging me to read since FOREVER; but it's as if there's a strange magic clinging onto it; whenever I wanted to try and check out what's inside, there would always be some business calls coming in or so. For 7 long years, I've been reading bits and pieces of the book–7 Long Years

 

'And when we were at the edge of dying, I was about to retreat our armies when suddenly

a woman appeared out of nowhere.

She was irresistibly and incredibly beautiful,

with lips as red as blood, skin as white as snow, and hair as dark as the night.

 

"Che. Such a ert, my handsome great-grandfather is." I shook my head and snickered as I flipped the crooked old page over and continued reading. 

 

We were stunned, yet, puzzled. How could a woman, nonetheless beautiful, appear in the middle of a chaotic war?

The enemies suddenly froze;

We took that tiny moment to attack back; and with that, we beat the Kwons the first time ever in a war.

We were being so respected by the neighboring country;

But one thing kept bothering me...

Who was that girl? Why did she appear and then vanish in just a blink of eyes?

Everyone kept saying that it must be my brave tactic that we won this war; so the high rank dukes

kept visiting us with their daughters; with the will of bonding their family and our family together;

But deep inside me, I knew clearly that the hero was not me;

We would lose the war and everyone would die like all-times if it wasn't because of that mysterious girl.

I searched days and nights for her, but there was not a single person by that face.

It wasn't beyond my expectations at all; One reason : She was too beautiful to be true.

But...

The one day I've dreamed of has come to be,

I remembered, on the rainy day, there was knock on the castle's door.

The maids brought in an injured girl, but a real beauty; and that was when I realized that it was her.

Though, I was tricked.

She wasn't the one. She was–

 

I flipped the page to continue reading, but I realized that a page was missing. Who was she? What was he about to say? I had no clue. I could see the leftover of the torn page, when everything felt so...mysterious. I shrugged and skipped the page.

 

And that's how our clan came to be like this.

The Ohs who were always about justice and fairness;

Whom could careless about themselves rather than risking the safety of the citizens,

The one who has won over the Kwons in the fifth war;

All those sides have been crushed and corrupted;

Because we had to face our fate and reality.

 

 

We're not ordinary humans.

We are humans who feed on humans.

We're a blood thirsty creature.

We're...

 

"The Vampires."

 

I smiled and closed the book. I had finally finished it. The book that took me 7 full years to finish. The journal that answered the questions to our reason for being a not-so-ordinary humans. The books that contained all the answers yet if you had only misunderstood a word, the answers twisted and mysteries covered the eyes of the readers. 

 

But...

 

I still didn't understand.

 

I knew something was wrong all along.

 

And the only key to it was the missing page.

 

I knew I had to find it.

 

But where to find it?

 

"Old Man Park" I called out as the plane fully landed.

 

"Yes, young master?"

 

"Get Abeoji on the phone. Now."

 

"Neh, Young master..."   

 

-----

I'm sorry for the long wait! It's just that I had to re-do and re-do it again to perfection.

I'm not sure if it's the best chapter,  but I still hoped you guys will enjoy.

Just so you know, Subscriptions + Comments are highly appreciated and loved!

Anyway, Please look forward to Chapter 2!

I'll update it anytime between this week or next week.

Komapseumnida~ 고맙습니다!
 
안녕~!