The Beauty of Denial

Love is Bittersweet
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The rest of the day was rather boring. Hyunseung finished his practice and went to his classes but after a while he gave up trying to listen to what the teachers were saying and just looked outside the window. The weather was so nice… Hyunseung didn’t want to waste it inside the school building so after his biology class he thought he’d just skip the others and go outside.

The bell finally rang after what seemed like ages to Seung. He grabbed his stuff and literally flew out of the classroom. After all his experience with skipping school, he knew he couldn’t stay in the school grounds and he didn’t want to go to his room either,  so the only choice he had was to go somewhere downtown. It’s been a while since he went to the center of Seoul and a smile lit his face as he thought of calling a certain somebody to go with him. Just like old times… They had lost touch lately but he got out his phone anyway and dialed a number.

 

*****

 

Doojoon used to be a really good friend of Hyunseung’s. No, correction… he still was! They just stopped seeing each other recently. They met for the first time a little after Hyunseung’s sudden change. For a while Hyunseung even thought he had a thing for Doojoon but soon enough realized he was wrong. When he saw Doojoon with his boyfriend Yoseob he could only be happy for them. There wasn’t jealousy inside him. Yoseob was the sweetest boy he’d ever seen and they instantly became friends.

 

*****

 

When Doojoon saw who was calling his face lit up and hurried to answer his phone. He and Seung talked for a while and decided to meet up. They both suggested the same place.. It was where they always used to hang out – a little café at the street behind the mall. It was small and not many people went there so it was the perfect place for them to catch up.

Doojoon promised to bring Yoseob along and Hyunseung smiled happily at the fact that those two were still together. But why wouldn’t they?! He had told Doojoon countless times before, that Yoseob loved him without a doubt and was a keeper, that he needed to treasure him and never leave him.

After they ended the call, Hyunseung hurried to get out of the school unnoticed while he still could.

 

*****

 

Hyunseung entered the little café and saw Doojoon and Yoseob already waiting for him at one of the tables each with a cup of coffee in front of them. They were talking about something and didn’t even notice he had arrived. He went to the counter and gave his order which was a Latte and one of these delicious cookies with little pieces of chocolate inside them. He turned around just in time to see Yoseob laugh at something Doojoon said. It was so great for Hyunseung to see them again… It brought back so many good memories.

Hyunseung headed to their table and just as he put his stuff down, Yoseob was out of his seat and throwing himself at Hyunseung not leaving him to even say hello.

“Seung, I’m so happy to see you!” The boy practically screamed while suffocating him in a tight hug. “You have no idea how much I’ve missed you!”

“I’ve missed you too, Seobie!” Hyunseung chuckled at the boy’s cuteness. “You haven’t changed much since I last saw you though” he said ruffling Yoseob’s hair after he got out his tight embrace.

Doojoon was next to pull Seung into a hug, though his was not as nearly suffocating as the one Yoseob gave him.

“I haven’t seen you for so long!” Doojoon exclaimed letting him go and smiling warmly at him.

“Yeah… It’s been a while.” Seung admitted feeling guilty for losing touch with two of his best friends. They may not have known each other for so long but their bond was as strong as if they’ve been best childhood friends.

They all sat on the table eager to catch up.

“So, what have you been up to lately?” asked Seung, taking a sip of his Latte.

“Well not much, actually. School’s fine and everything is pretty much the same.” Explained Doojoon. ”What up with you? Anything new going on?”

“Same with me too.” Hyunseung hurried to answer.

“So you’re still single. Hasn’t anyone caught your eye yet?” Yoseob eagerly asked. He really wished for him

Please log in to read the full chapter